What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Broncos withdraw their offer to sign Melbourne Storm star Greg inglis

mrpwnd

Bench
If Storm release Cronk and Raiders end up with Orford, we get the better end of the deal and our patience rewarded woohoo!
2011 will be what 2009 was supposed to be.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I dont think Inglis staying at the Storm is an option so I wouldn't think this will effect our chance to sign Cronk.

Its just a matter of where he ends up, Souffs or overseas.

I still can't believe Souths can afford him...........thier CEO said only a few months ago they have no money in the cap.

parra pete

Referee
Eels won't be able to get anyone..the question is.... will the Club run out of money? .what with additional court costs with Anderson, Anderson's pay out, Fitzy's court case, possible Orford transfer fee....Toot toot...a train smash administration....
When is a contract not a contract...?????

boxhead

First Grade
Eels won't be able to get anyone..the question is.... will the Club run out of money? .what with additional court costs with Anderson, Anderson's pay out, Fitzy's court case, possible Orford transfer fee....Toot toot...a train smash administration....

Better than train-smash players.

born an eel

Bench
they are fine and wont run out of money while there are still assets to sell :sarcasm:

Seems are marque signing in the off season was a QC, not Quade Cooper like everyone thought but a Queens Council. :crazy:

84 Baby

Referee
Which one? Screw it! Where's the ignore button?

lingard

Coach
I can see where you are coming from. I always had the opinion Inglis best position is fullback, at centre he doesn't have a lot of options to go looking for the ball and is dependent on his halves. At fullback he gets his hands on the ball a lot more and can play a Hayne type of game - he would be very dangerous at fulllback

He`d be a great fullback.

lingard

Coach
And yet in the end he proved the difference between Parramatte being 2009 Premiers or not.
Would be a welcome addition , but I agree , not at the expense of a quality playmaker such as Ox.
Bugger it , let's get 'em both!

Perhaps; or was it just that Joel Reddy was off injured at that particular point in time? I reckon Reddy would have taken that ball.

And we were after him:

"It appears however that those other parties are just Russell Crowe's Rabbitohs, after
cashed-up Parramatta were warned off making an approach to the Queensland and Australian centre.
"I spoke to his team yesterday and got the impression a deal was already done with him going to Souths," Eels chief executive Paul Osborne told AAP.
"We were virtually told not to waste our time."

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/inglis-handshake-then-betrayal-20101107-17itg.html

And we were after him:

"It appears however that those other parties are just Russell Crowe's Rabbitohs, after
cashed-up Parramatta were warned off making an approach to the Queensland and Australian centre.
"I spoke to his team yesterday and got the impression a deal was already done with him going to Souths," Eels chief executive Paul Osborne told AAP.
"We were virtually told not to waste our time."

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/inglis-handshake-then-betrayal-20101107-17itg.html
good, im glad we didnt get him we have already had one turncoat in lyon we dont need another one
souths are deadset kidding themselves if they think he wont walk out on them whenever he feels like it

strider

Post Whore
this whole inglis to souths thing seems the dodgiest sh*t ever to me

i thought he had to go to south qld to be near his gf who got a job there? ... don't care any more?

never signs anything supposedly because of the legal fees fiasco .... but suddenly that's gonna disappear - not only do souths have cap room for his $600K+ contract they have room for his $112K legal bill

and its all a done deal within a day of brisbane giving him a deadline and pulling their offer

weird sh*t

lewiscook

Juniors
this whole inglis to souths thing seems the dodgiest sh*t ever to me

i thought he had to go to south qld to be near his gf who got a job there? ... don't care any more?

never signs anything supposedly because of the legal fees fiasco .... but suddenly that's gonna disappear - not only do souths have cap room for his $600K+ contract they have room for his $112K legal bill

and its all a done deal within a day of brisbane giving him a deadline and pulling their offer

weird sh*t

I agree this whole situation is really weird annd does not make any sense.
If i were the Nrl i'd be going out of my way in investigating this because it does not make any sense.

Souths have a huge number of high-profile players at there club and all of a sudden at the end of the year when there Roster should be complete but maybe with a bit of room to move they can afford Inglis.

Its an absolute joke.

Ps: im absolutely sick of Russell Crowe, Mundine and all the other high profile dickheads Souths have around the place.

jono

Juniors
I agree this whole situation is really weird annd does not make any sense.
If i were the Nrl i'd be going out of my way in investigating this because it does not make any sense.

Souths have a huge number of high-profile players at there club and all of a sudden at the end of the year when there Roster should be complete but maybe with a bit of room to move they can afford Inglis.

Its an absolute joke.

Ps: im absolutely sick of Russell Crowe, Mundine and all the other high profile dickheads Souths have around the place.

I wouldn't worry about it too much , all the high profile support hasn't brought 'em a comp in nigh on 40 years.
Agree that the Rabbits must have bought Melbourne's accountant , or at the least his policies and procedures.