What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Broncos withdraw their offer to sign Melbourne Storm star Greg inglis

Gaffman

Juniors
I'm far happier seeing Inglis at Souths than Brisbane though.

We could always give him the no.6 at parra :p He's a Clive Churchill winning 5/8

SDM

First Grade
I heard a rumour that Souths would be looking to punt Asotasi to make way. Maybe Rusty can convince him to become a Rabbi.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
I'm far happier seeing Inglis at Souths than Brisbane though.

say that again, just the thought of the locals up here having their smug grins wiped from their faces makes me chuffed.

at least you know with souffs, that they'll do f**k all

Just another example of how our game is out of control.

Pundine seems to be involved with every player that walks out on contracts - he seems to be an expert in giving advice.

God help us all, if he ever becomes friends with any of our team.

It is another bad example set to young up n comers, that contracts, either verbal or written, are not binding.

I have to admit, my support for RL is really starting to wane. The spirit of the game is being lost. Sooo many negatives, and not enough positives, imo. (maybe I should become a Sri Lankan cricket supporter? Plenty of seats to choose from, when they play and beat Australia!:D)

Parra Guru

Coach
lol I can't believe people would want that wanker at Parra.

1. He's a pea hearted turn coat who plays for QLD when he is a New South Welshman
2. He's unfit, lazy and had a sh*t 2010
3. His word means nothing
4. He's friends with Anthony Mundine
5. All of the above

Gronk

Staff member
Yeah he doesn't come across as being a valued member of a squad and certainly does not lead by example as your marquee player should.

Not worth the overs that he commands TBH.

Avenger

Immortal
I would rather Wilie Tonga. Seriously has there ever been a year like this one where we are associated with every contracted supposedly disgruntled player in the comp?

Glenn

First Grade
IMHO South signing Inglis will increase our chances of acquiring Isaac Luke

Nope Luke will stay at Souths, all through third parties deal with Crowe,Mundane etc and the NRL will just look the other way. ;-)

PJ Marshal

Coach
well queenslanders are the only people who in the nrl can seem to win anything.....the maroons , st george coached by a queenslander.......

eelegant

Juniors
Monday, November 08, 2010 - 11:54 AM
Source: BigPond Sport
Greg Inglis is set to join the South Sydney Rabbitohs on a heavily back-ended contract, which will see the former Storm star cash in when the NRL increases its salary cap following its next television rights deal.
Inglis is expected to become a Rabbitoh after his deal with the Brisbane Broncos fell through – despite the player having made a handshake agreement with Broncos boss Bruno Cullen.
"Greg indicated to us on Tuesday and again on Friday, face to face, that he was very keen to stay in Brisbane and very keen to play for the Brisbane Broncos and that he was going to Sydney to discuss it with his family and he'd be back on Saturday," Cullen told AAP.
"He told me eyeball-to-eyeball on Tuesday and again on Friday, including handshakes.
"We said (to Greg) when you come back on Saturday, we'll get that contract signed away and it will all be done and dusted."
It is believed Inglis’s deal with Souths will involve a significant pay cut in 2011 – following his $600,000+ contract at Melbourne – but his salary will increase in the coming years.
The Rabbitohs are planning to free up further salary cap space when players such as skipper Roy Asotasi come off contract at the end of next season, and the NRL is expected to raise the cap when a much-improved television rights deal is agreed upon in 2012.
Cullen fired a parting shot as Souths and other clubs who had tried to recruit Inglis after he had agreed to join the Broncos months ago.
"I don't want to be nasty to the other clubs, it's all fair in love and war," Cullen said.
"(But) ... they obviously knew we had an agreement with him in writing for him to join us but they also knew he hadn't signed anything and he hadn't been released from Melbourne."
Inglis was forced out of the Storm after widespread salary cap rorting by the club was exposed at the start of the season, forcing the club to make salary cuts for 2011.
http://www.bigpondsport.com/inglis-...oncos-snub/tabid/91/newsid/63060/default.aspx

mickdo

Coach
What a joke. Weren't there rules in place to stop heavily front loading or back loading contracts?