What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Tigers make their bid to be 18th team

They even highlighted them gaining more broncos games on fox as a huge advantage too them

this is how we raise the value of tv rights

I remember when Perth Red said the 17th team would be from Perth. V'landys riled him up good and proper when he declared Brisbane would get the 17th licence.

Perth Red said the 18th team would be from Perth. He laughed at the prospect of New Zealand 2 or PNG getting the licence.

Now he's saying Perth will get the 189h licence.

There's a recurring theme.

Wb1234

Referee
I remember when Perth Red said the 17th team would be from Perth. V'landys riled him up good and proper when he declared Brisbane would get the 17th licence.

Perth Red said the 18th team would be from Perth. He laughed at the prospect of New Zealand 2 or PNG getting the licence.

Now he's saying Perth will get the 189h licence.

There's a recurring theme.
He said the arl talked about a Perth team in early 2005 ish but they added the titans instead

it’s weird he’s trying to argue news ltd didn’t want the dolphins when they paid for them to come in and also sponsor their stadium

He said the arl talked about a Perth team in early 2005 ish but they added the titans instead

it’s weird he’s trying to argue news ltd didn’t want the dolphins when they paid for them to come in and also sponsor their stadium
When reality doesn't match his agenda he distorts the truth to make it align.

Perth Red

Post Whore
If Albo hadnt come up with his recent brain fart of an idea perth would be. Club 18.
Still might be yet if he gets booted in next 12 months.

Wb1234

Referee
If Albo hadnt come up with his recent brain fart of an idea perth would be. Club 18.
Still might be yet if he gets booted in next 12 months.
And before that nz2 was favourite

you don’t see us death riding any govt help Perth are getting

your showing your bias again

wishing for rugby league to miss out on 600 million so you can get an nrl team is poor form

And before that nz2 was favourite

you don’t see us death riding any govt help Perth are getting

your showing your bias again

wishing for rugby league to miss out on 600 million so you can get an nrl team is poor form

NZ2 and PNG have a strong case to be the next two teams. Perth is so far behind them in the pecking order it doesn't warrant serious consideration.

Canard

Immortal
News Ltd death rode the Dolphins hard in the last off season.

The coverage was overwhelming negative, they put shit on their recruitment, their jersey, Bennett etc.

If you look at the Gameday thread for Round 1, you will see I was one of the few calling out FOX for their biased coverage of the Dolphins.

@Get Rid of The Donkeys and @Wb1234 didn't say shit about it

Colk

First Grade
News Ltd death rode the Dolphins hard in the last off season.

The coverage was overwhelming negative, they put shit on their recruitment, their jersey, Bennett etc.

If you look at the Gameday thread for Round 1, you will see I was one of the few calling out FOX for their biased coverage of the Dolphins.

@Get Rid of The Donkeys and @Wb1234 didn't say shit about it

Well to be fair I would say there were some legitimate concerns about their recruitment, particularly in the spine. I had the same concerns too (I didn’t want to deathride them but I was concerned.

They surprised me a lot and I’ll put my hand up there and say I was wrong. Their lack of depth killed them in the end but if I were a Dolphins fan, I would be pretty happy with how they are looking.

Wb1234

Referee
Well to be fair I would say there were some legitimate concerns about their recruitment, particularly in the spine. I had the same concerns too (I didn’t want to deathride them but I was concerned.

They surprised me a lot and I’ll put my hand up there and say I was wrong. Their lack of depth killed them in the end but if I were a Dolphins fan, I would be pretty happy with how they are looking.
Fleger and farnsworth potential top 6

they were a million under the cap last year and got a lot of rough calls that cost them games

bennett is a genius and once he leaves they will go a bit meh

Canard

Immortal
Fleger and farnsworth potential top 6

they were a million under the cap last year and got a lot of rough calls that cost them games

bennett is a genius and once he leaves they will go a bit meh
I thought it was not permitted to be under the cap to that extent?

And where did you get that information from? It's not another bullshit @Wb1234 fact is it?

Canard

Immortal

No doubt, but Fox made out like they were the 98 West Suburbs Magpies or the 95 Cowboys.

They ignored that they had several Origin players and stars like HTF.

Colk

First Grade
No doubt, but Fox made out like they were the 98 West Suburbs Magpies or the 95 Cowboys.

They ignored that they had several Origin players and stars like HTF.

True they were over the top. Fair enough they might have been in the bottom 4 or 6 but I do remember an article (I am not sure if it was News or not) saying that they wouldn’t win a game which was quite a bit over the top.

Latest posts