What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Tigers make their bid to be 18th team

Perth Red won't support the Perth Bears. He'll just complain about them for the next 20 years.
In all honesty, I cannot say I blame him for not wanting to support a dead Sydney club that isn't committing itself to Perth. Having said that, I don't have any sympathy for him. He's a smartarse and likes to shit on everyone else.

flippikat

First Grade
Is there any problem with the NRL going to 21 teams if the Tigers can fund themselves? I’m sure they’ll be financially stronger than the Bears or NZ2
You know, I wouldn't discount that possibility out of hand - then if PNG (or indeed Perth or NZ 2) falls over, the NRL wouldn't have to scramble to find a replacement to fill 10 tv slots per weekend.

In fact, it may be the way to get a solid revenue stream AND hedge the bet on PNG - and if PNG survives there's a 22nd team spot for NZ 3, or Adelaide, or Fiji.

docbrown

Coach
Is there any problem with the NRL going to 21 teams if the Tigers can fund themselves? I’m sure they’ll be financially stronger than the Bears or NZ2
At some point they're going to Adelaide too so there's no way the comp ends with 20 teams permanently.

flippikat

First Grade
At some point they're going to Adelaide too so there's no way the comp ends with 20 teams permanently.
The only way we end at 20 permanenrly is if Sydney rationalizes a bit more to accommodate NZ3 or Adelaide or Fiji or whatever is strategically important expansion but missed out on spots 18-20.

Yeah, that scenario is not likely.

Wb1234

Immortal
after 2032 the next lot of teams shouldn’t come in till around 2040

give the comp time to develop those extra players from png and nz and let Perth get really established

Any team after 20 is icing on the cake

Perth Red

Post Whore
You said it won't work if more than one home game is played in Sydney!

Remember, if this goes ahead then you have no choice but to support it. Shit crowds in Perth will lead to media speculation about the club relocating back to Sydney. Enjoy the shitshow, motherf**ker.
lol, looks like it’s the dolphins for you matey. No Logan anytime soon, just as well you dont to go games anyway.

Centy Coast

Juniors
I've been to plenty of Cowboys games you dickhead.

Pacific Sports Management

Exciting times ahead for PSM client Treigh Stewart with the new rules opening the door for Treigh to take his exciting running game to Super League.

We thank the Brisbane Easts RLFC for their undertaking in releasing Treigh to take up the opportunity with Hull Fc.

We look forward to watching Treigh light up Super League.

#pacificsportsmanagement #teampsm #rugbyleague #nrl #pathways #psm #est1999

IMG_4558.jpeg

Now you and Perth Red can be friends lol

Pacific Sports Management

Exciting times ahead for PSM client Treigh Stewart with the new rules opening the door for Treigh to take his exciting running game to Super League.

We thank the Brisbane Easts RLFC for their undertaking in releasing Treigh to take up the opportunity with Hull Fc.

We look forward to watching Treigh light up Super League.

#pacificsportsmanagement #teampsm #rugbyleague #nrl #pathways #psm #est1999

View attachment 89368
Good to see him going to the right Hull club. The other one is shit.

Centy Coast

Juniors
Good to see him going to the right Hull club. The other one is shit.
Good player Treigh Stewart, easily the Tigers best player in 2024, they will struggle even more so now as they have been hit hard with injuries this season.
It’s like the Bears losing their Captain from last season Jesse Marschke to the Dragons, he has played 5 NRL games and been 18th man once whereas if he had stayed at the Bears he may have played more NRL games with Jahrome Hughes, Cameron Munster and even Harry Grant out injured.

Latest posts