What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane v Melbourne

salivor

First Grade
nqboy said:
Disagree. Webcke has ball skills only against inferior opposition. Civ either runs or off-loads but not both. Carlaw. Parker, maybe this season but never before. Stagg, you're kidding, right? Thaiday, the Gordon Tallis disease where, having beaten two or three, he can't see anything else but others to beat, regardless of his supports.

Webcke - Earlier in his career he did have a good offload on him, not prolific but effective, regardless of quality of opposition. 99% of the time now he's not even looking for opportunities in the tackle.

Civoniceva - Yes he can try to force second phase play when he backs into the defence and passes but he has shown in brief glimpses that he does have a genuine offload on him. In the Dragons match at Suncorp he threw a couple that caused havoc.

Stagg - Of course he has ball skills, he started off as a centre and also has had to fill in at hooker a couple of times this year when players were off the field or there were injuries. The problem is we only want to use him as a tackle machine.

It all comes down to the mentality that the Broncos forwards have IMO and a lot of it I think comes down to the simplistic, safety first game plan that we played for a number of seasons there that we've been desperately trying to turn around the last 2 years. It's sad when Corey Parker is our only forward that genuinely looks for second phase play opportunities, you really have to question how much empathisis is put on it by the coaching staff.

AsPiRiNg YoUtH

Juniors
After todays performance, i live in hope. I think we can beat the dogs. Remember we had Perry when we beat them early in the year. So it is possible, especially if we play like today. And if Perry improves, well even better.

With people throughout the week saing Taylor will get smashed lol. I would of loved to see him play today.

Mr Saab

Referee
AsPiRiNg YoUtH said:
After that performance, although it was a loss, i dont thinkwe are in a slump. We gave the run away leaders a run and showed we are contenders. When Hunt is back next week, Lockyer will not be forced to do everything and our attacking will be better. Thank You Brisbane.

You are in severe denial.
Hunt coming back? You think the light will turn on because of his return? He will have zero match fitness and zero timing.
He is not back until the week after vs the eels anyway.
With Hunt back the Broncos can put on that original move they do 20 times a game with the 2nd man play....wow....i can sense the storm and dogs shytting themselves at the thought of the broncos putting that move on.

I dont know what will be worse actually...playing the storm or the dogs week one?

Thank @$#% for the cowboys, sharks and panthers being in a slump too because if one of those teams wasnt the broncos would miss the finals.
Personally, i dont think the bronx deserve a place in the top 8.

Mr Saab

Referee
AsPiRiNg YoUtH said:
After todays performance, i live in hope. I think we can beat the dogs. Remember we had Perry when we beat them early in the year. So it is possible, especially if we play like today. And if Perry improves, well even better.

That game was many moons ago.
The dogs have improved 10 fold since then whilst the broncos...well....they have regressed once again thru the months of july/august.

AsPiRiNg YoUtH

Juniors
I am not in denial, i just think that after today we showed some real improvement. Where we lack is creativity in attacking, and that is due to Hunt not being there. He will be vital when he returns.

I understand what you mean though. But think, if we can keep the Storm to only 6 points, we have every reason to think we can beat the dogs. Its possible and as a fan i have hope. I think we should move Moon to halfback and Perry back to teh QLD cup.

Oh and that game against the dogs, we had Perry at halfback, and i think Lacey at hooker. So the only person to be missing would be Hunt.

Mr Saab

Referee
Youth...

You live on hope..i live with reality. Brisbane are goooooooooone for 2006.
As Red said in the movie Shawshank Redemption "Hope is a dangerous thing"

AsPiRiNg YoUtH

Juniors
i should probably follow suit, because after every loss i get upset, than i tell myself next week :D

But todays performance had heart. Something i cant let go. If this week, we lose and play poor, than i officially give up. 1 more week i feel will decide our future.

Leagueguy

Juniors
I think we'll win at least 2 of our final games. I honestly do. If they are as hungy as they were today and and stick with the same team (maybe bring in taylor somwhere), then we can beat Parramatta and the Dogs. We just need to offload a bit more and get a bit more happening in attack. Melbourne have the best defense in the comp and make most teams look garbabe in attack. We're still in this thing. We just need a win and suddenly everything will be better. All I want is to finish 6th, so we get that second chance. 1st and 2nd will most likely win so were gonna be playing 2nd week regardless.

you have to give credit where its due...the broncos played like a team posessed today their speed off the line was awesome and if they played anyone else other than the storm or dogs they probably would have won by 20+

c_eagle

Juniors
Collingwood Storm said:
you have to give credit where its due...the broncos played like a team posessed today their speed off the line was awesome and if they played anyone else other than the storm or dogs they probably would have won by 20+
Word.

AsPiRiNg YoUtH

Juniors
Collingwood, thats why i live in hope. Storm are amazing and i love watching them play. And i have never seen teh Broncos move so quick off their line. Amazing. So if we back it up next week, and shut the bulldogs go forward, i think we will win.

Leagueguy

Juniors
The Storm are the best coached team in the competition. Cooper Cronk is the games best coached player. He has no right to be that effective.

in the past month cam smith has arguably been the leagues best goal kicker....he used to be a very average kicker but now he is just slotting them from anywhere

LESStar58

Referee
Collingwood Storm said:
in the past month cam smith has arguably been the leagues best goal kicker....he used to be a very average kicker but now he is just slotting them from anywhere

Cam Smith = 2006 Dally M winner

*nods*

Hutty1986

Immortal
UndertakerMike said:
Yep . For 2 reasons.
1. It's Crocker.
2. It's Melbourne.

:sch:

Crockers one of the dirtiest players in the comp and has an atrocious record

The fact its the Storm won't come into it, that's conspiracy theory stuff ;-)