What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane2 Bid News

Which Brisbane2 Team Name?

• Total voters

docbrown

Coach
If I had my time over I would vote for South Qld Dolphins, Brisbane Brewers would be my next pick.

Just for symmetry you would have the North QLD Cowboys, South QLD Dolphins representing the regions. The 2 major centres Brisbane Broncos and GC Titans in the populations. This would allow all major areas covered (besides central but they could get on board the Dolphins till they come in, in 10yrs+), plus effectually having the whole state represented by 4 teams.

Win, Win. :D

I wonder though if they're so intent on the BB illiteration if the South Queensland moniker even stands a chance.

beave

Coach
why are people so against the pirate themed name??

out on a boat with your mates, drinking rum with a few birds on ya shoulder............ sounds like a f**king awesome weekend to me!!!! ;-)

docbrown

Coach
why are people so against the pirate themed name??

out on a boat with your mates, drinking rum with a few birds on ya shoulder............ sounds like a f**king awesome weekend to me!!!! ;-)

For some reason it just always ends up looking a bit cheesy...

pirate.bmp

3848016569_49a734c943.jpg

beave

Coach
For some reason it just always ends up looking a bit cheesy...

pirate.bmp

3848016569_49a734c943.jpg

as I was saying earlier, I'm a mad Tampa Bay Bucs fan and they have one of the best logos and team colours in sport IMO. Their original pirate logo was very fruity

1041_display_image.gif

changed to this

bucs-logo.gif

they could definitely do something like that, or the ship
1049.gif

seriously, there is so much they can do with any name. As much as the Brewers name is quite apt for a team that is based next to a brewery, the PC brigade will poo poo it no doubt.

beave

Coach
what about 'Barons' and have the logo aviation themed Red Baron styled??? I dunno, I'm just throwing shit out there I guess.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
what about 'Barons' and have the logo aviation themed Red Baron styled??? I dunno, I'm just throwing shit out there I guess.

Maybe not Barons but something aviation themed? Brisbane was the birthplace of one of the greatest aviators of all time after all...

bobmar28

Bench
I guess here's another potential poll question:

Which of these derby match ups sounds the least ridiculous?

Brisbane Broncos vs Brisbane Barracudas
Brisbane Broncos vs Brisbane Bayliners
Brisbane Broncos vs Brisbane Bobcats
Brisbane Broncos vs Brisbane Bombers
Brisbane Broncos vs Brisbane Braves
Brisbane Broncos vs Brisbane Brewers
Brisbane Broncos vs Brisbane Buccaneers
Brisbane Broncos vs Brisbane Heat
Brisbane Broncos vs Eastern Stingrays
Brisbane Broncos vs Rivercity Kookaburras
Brisbane Broncos vs South Queensland Cyclones
Brisbane Broncos vs South Queensland Dolphins
Brisbane Broncos vs South Queensland Rogues
Brisbane Broncos vs South Queensland Spartans
Brisbane Broncos vs South Queensland Taipans

Brisbane Broncos v Ipswich Jets sounds ok.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
New York Rangers v New York Islanders
New York Jets v New York Giants
New York Mets v New York Yankees