What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane2 Bid News

Which Brisbane2 Team Name?

• Total voters
I'd prefer the Brisbane Rangers.

However, I don't know if Brisbane has much of a bushranger history (this is due purely to ignorance regarding the region).

If there is some standout bushranger from the area then the club could base their mascot on him.

docbrown

Coach
I guess here's another potential poll question:

Which of these derby match ups sounds the least ridiculous?

Brisbane Broncos vs Brisbane Barracudas
Brisbane Broncos vs Brisbane Bayliners
Brisbane Broncos vs Brisbane Bobcats
Brisbane Broncos vs Brisbane Bombers
Brisbane Broncos vs Brisbane Braves
Brisbane Broncos vs Brisbane Brewers
Brisbane Broncos vs Brisbane Buccaneers
Brisbane Broncos vs Brisbane Heat
Brisbane Broncos vs Eastern Stingrays
Brisbane Broncos vs Rivercity Kookaburras
Brisbane Broncos vs South Queensland Cyclones
Brisbane Broncos vs South Queensland Dolphins
Brisbane Broncos vs South Queensland Rogues
Brisbane Broncos vs South Queensland Spartans
Brisbane Broncos vs South Queensland Taipans

docbrown

Coach
The 13 people that have voted for the Rivercity Kookaburras need to be hung and castrated.

I agree.

But you did vote for the Buccaneers...

Pirate%20Football.jpg

:)

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
I’m definitely warming to the Brisbane Barracudas.

A far as I can tell there’s no other major sports team which uses that as their name which is always good.

Of the other popular options here:
Buccaneers are American pirates + the NFL team
Brewers I still can’t believe is a real, honest-to-god option after all of the alcohol in sports bad press we get + MLB team
Dolphins is kinda soft + Redcliffe + NFL team

barracuda%20logo.gif

logo_barracuda_s.jpg

picture1289135618131.jpg

docbrown

Coach
I'd prefer the Brisbane Rangers.

However, I don't know if Brisbane has much of a bushranger history (this is due purely to ignorance regarding the region).

If there is some standout bushranger from the area then the club could base their mascot on him.

It's kind of sad that the Rangers aren't an option. They're better than most on that list.

I'd say the most famous Queensland Bushranger was Captain Starlight. He was born in NSW but moved and worked there. When he was finally caught and faced trial for cattle duffing, the jury voted him innocent because they were impressed with his droving skills across the outback desert. The character of the same name in Robbery Under Arms is pretty much him.

Though any team called that doesn't really need to base it around a real person. Seeing as how the Brisbane II bid aren't smart enough to include it as an option, maybe the Central Queensland bid might.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
It's kind of sad that the Rangers aren't an option. They're better than most on that list.

I'd say the most famous Queensland Bushranger was Captain Starlight. He was born in NSW but moved and worked there. When he was finally caught and faced trial for cattle duffing, the jury voted him innocent because they were impressed with his droving skills across the outback desert. The character of the same name in Robbery Under Arms is pretty much him.

Though any team called that doesn't really need to base it around a real person. Seeing as how the Brisbane II bid aren't smart enough to include it as an option, maybe the Central Queensland bid might.

Greg Inglis could be their first signing

DINGb@T

Juniors
If it has to be 'B' what about Bullockies. Bullock trains practically built the country and there's a strong historical link.

There's also plenty of historical names that haven't been used. Jackeroos, Pioneers, 'Getters (as in 'cedar getters'), Quinkan (aboriginal monster), yowie, bunyip, cassowarie (meat eating bird), diggers (mining or military), overlanders, boundaryriders, Walers (big tough horses diggers took to Europe in WW1), Squatters, Selectors, Battlers. Brisbane Barracks also has a historical connection to the old army barracks right near Suncorp.

Plenty more names than what they've given us.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
If it has to be 'B' what about Bullockies. Bullock trains practically built the country and there's a strong historical link.

There's also plenty of historical names that haven't been used. Jackeroos, Pioneers, 'Getters (as in 'cedar getters'), Quinkan (aboriginal monster), yowie, bunyip, cassowarie (meat eating bird), diggers (mining or military), overlanders, boundaryriders, Walers (big tough horses diggers took to Europe in WW1), Squatters, Selectors, Battlers. Brisbane Barracks also has a historical connection to the old army barracks right near Suncorp.

Plenty more names than what they've given us.
DINGb@t, you magnificent bastard!!

Brisbane Bunyips ftw

applesauce

Bench
I agree.

But you did vote for the Buccaneers...

Pirate%20Football.jpg

:)

If I had my time over I would vote for South Qld Dolphins, Brisbane Brewers would be my next pick.

Just for symmetry you would have the North QLD Cowboys, South QLD Dolphins representing the regions. The 2 major centres Brisbane Broncos and GC Titans in the populations. This would allow all major areas covered (besides central but they could get on board the Dolphins till they come in, in 10yrs+), plus effectually having the whole state represented by 4 teams.

Win, Win. :D