What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane2 Bid News

Which Brisbane2 Team Name?

• Total voters
The Bears won't be back, and this will be the reason:

The Bears do not value ad to the TV rights deal (the main financial driver in our game).

Yes we do. it's proven in our bid document.:sarcasm:

You're full of sh:t.

It's 1 hour and 16 minutes from Central Station in Brisbane to Robina Station. More from anywhere except the stations on the Gold Coast line.

If you're going to make sh:t up at least have the sense to make up stuff that can't be very easily proven wrong.

http://translink.com.au/travel-information

Why do the North Sydney brigade have to troll on here AND lie as well? Their whole bid is based on smoke and mirrors.

Trying to claim they have a population are of 1.1m yet they aren't just another Sydney club.
Trying to claim they have 7000 members even though it only costs $15 to be a member which is nothing compared to an actual membership for an actual club.
Trying to claim their fans are diehard Bears supporters and not just fans of Sydney clubs while all Brisbane fans would only follow a second team as a "second team".

It's all bullshit. Deluded bullshit. They don't offer more in terms of crowds, fans or TV dollars and that's the crux of it. In fact the TV dollars would be enough on its own.

You're the one full of shit, I live here and commute via trains quite regularly for work and you're telling me how long it takes? Matter of fact I caught a train just yesterday from Brisbane to Robina and it took me.. 45 mins one way. Unless we go through a space/time paradox after the Coopers Plains station...

You claim we can't obtain the 1.1mil yet the Bears historical links prove otherwise. Matter of fact Gallop says otherwise to your claim. I guess I got to call Gallop and say he is full of shit too then try to erase everyone's mind and memory of the Bears-North Shore connection. Shouldn't be hard, they were only there for 100 years.

Then you drop the prices of our memberships, how thoughtful.. You obviviously must of worked on the membership drive hence how you know the exclusive $15 we offer now. Too bad none of the bid team, volunteers and board know about this.

Then you try to claim I don't know anything about our own members? Like I don't spend hours on end each day, refreshing my argument?

Then you call me deluded? Please. I live and breathe this bid so do your own research dexter.

Nice try buddy, unfortunately Ive done my maths and Ive done my research. So better luck next time.

Last edited:

Boofhead

Juniors
The Bears won't be back, and this will be the reason:

The Bears do not value ad to the TV rights deal (the main financial driver in our game).

Bears supporters can chase their tails as much as they like but it will always come back down to this.

Goddo

Bench
Assuming Perth and one of the SE Qld bids get up, and assuming that Free to air has 4 matches from 2013 (8 club TV slots per week), a likely TV week would be something like

Friday
1st pick - LIVE FTA Bulldogs vs Titans 7:30pm ANZ Stadium - Sydney metro vs Brisbane metro
2nd pick - LIVE FTA Reds vs Tigers 9:30pm nib Stadium - Sydney metro vs Perth metro

Saturday
9th pick - LIVE PayTV Warriors vs Raiders 3:30pm Mt Smart Stadium - ACT/NSW regional vs NZ
6th pick - LIVE PayTV Eels vs Brisbane II 5:30pm Parramatta Stadium - Sydney metro vs Brisbane metro
4th pick - LIVE PayTV Dragons vs Knights 7:30pm WIN Jubilee Oval - Sydney metro vs NSW regional

Sunday
8th pick - LIVE PayTV Sharks vs Cowboys 2:00pm Toyota Stadium - Sydney metro vs Queensland regional
5th pick - LIVE FTA Storm vs Sea Eagles 4:00pm AAMI Park - Sydney metro vs Melbourne metro
7th pick - LIVE PayTV Rabbitohs vs Panthers 7:00pm ANZ Stadium - Sydney metro vs Sydney metro

Monday
3rd pick - LIVE FTA Broncos vs Roosters 7:30pm Suncorp Stadium - Sydney metro vs Brisbane metro

* Every day of the weekend features a Queensland and NSW side.
* Suncorp is used once every weekend
* NZ, Perth and Melbourne are used to tap timeslots and large markets (important with anti-siphoning changes and for boosting ratings)
* Friday nights can go live in both time slots when using Perth home games
* Free to air games would feature mostly OzTam rating cities, particularily Brisbane and Sydney.
* Of the 4 Queensland games, the best 2-3 performing sides would likely be free to air.
* Timeslot use allows scheduling to maximise the number of games that can go live

EDIT:
Another example, Heritage Round 2013 might look like

Friday
1st pick - LIVE QLD FTA Broncos vs Titans 7:30pm Suncorp Stadium - Brisbane metro vs Brisbane metro
2nd pick - LIVE NSW FTA Rabbitohs vs Tigers 7:30pm ANZ Stadium - Sydney metro vs Sydney metro

Saturday
9th pick - LIVE PayTV Warriors vs Roosters 3:30pm Mt Smart Stadium - Sydney metro vs NZ
6th pick - LIVE PayTV Sea Eagles vs Eels 5:30pm Brookvale Oval - Sydney metro vs Sydney metro
4th pick - LIVE PayTV Reds vs Storm 7:30pm nib Stadium - Perth metro vs Melbourne metro

Sunday
8th pick - LIVE PayTV Raiders vs Brisbane II 2:00pm Canberra Stadium - ACT/NSW regional vs Brisbane metro
3rd pick - LIVE FTA Bulldogs vs Dragons 4:00pm ANZ Stadium - Sydney metro vs Sydney metro
7th pick - LIVE PayTV Panthers vs Sharks 7:00pm CUA Stadium - Sydney metro vs Sydney metro

Monday
5th pick - LIVE FTA Knights vs Cowboys 7:30pm Ausgrid Stadium - ACT/NSW regional vs QLD regional

Last edited:

smithie

Juniors
Yes we do. it's proven in our bid document.:sarcasm:

You're the one full of shit, I live here and commute via trains quite regularly for work and you're telling me how long it takes? Matter of fact I caught a train just yesterday from Brisbane to Robina and it took me.. 45 mins one way. Unless we go through a space/time paradox after the Coopers Plains station...

You claim we can't obtain the 1.1mil yet the Bears historical links prove otherwise. Matter of fact Gallop says otherwise to your claim. I guess I got to call Gallop and say he is full of shit too then try to erase everyone's mind and memory of the Bears-North Shore connection. Shouldn't be hard, they were only there for 100 years.

Then you drop the prices of our memberships, how thoughtful.. You obviviously must of worked on the membership drive hence how you know the exclusive $15 we offer now. Too bad none of the bid team, volunteers and board know about this.

Then you try to claim I don't know anything about our own members? Like I don't spend hours on end each day, refreshing my argument?

Then you call me deluded? Please. I live and breathe this bid so do your own research dexter.

Nice try buddy, unfortunately Ive done my maths and Ive done my research. So better luck next time.

Bullshit. I went to a Titans game a few weeks ago and the 1hr 16min travel time from Central to Robina is pretty much spot on. I live here too.

Bullshit. I went to a Titans game a few weeks ago and the 1hr 16min travel time from Central to Robina is pretty much spot on. I live here too.

Every train trip i've taken hasnt been anymore than 45 mins. I do this trip on average 3 times a week for work. So i'll stick to my time table thank you. The train doesn't stop at Coopers Plain either, it's express park road to logan then express again logan to beenleigh then stops every station until robina. there is another train which DOES stop at coopers plains. though it wouldn't add anymore then 5 mins to the trip. You most likely got caught on a weekend during trackworks (which has been frequent this year to be honest).

Last edited:

Goddo

Bench
Acording to Translink, the next 5 trains to go from Roma Street to Robina are 4 @ 1hr 14m and 1 @ 1hr and 13m

Seems you are lying through your teeth again R&B. How about you tell us all again how no one in Ipswich will support an Ipswich team.

Every train trip i've taken hasnt been anymore than 45 mins. I do this trip on average 3 times a week for work. So i'll stick to my time table thank you. The train doesn't stop at Coopers Plain either, it's express park road to logan then express again logan to beenleigh then stops every station until robina. there is another train which DOES stop at coopers plains. though it wouldn't add anymore then 5 mins to the trip. You most likely got caught on a weekend during trackworks (which has been frequent this year to be honest).

I don't care what you say THE TIMETABLE says it takes 1 hour 16mins. But no doubt you know better.

I also find it funny that you like to quote (unquote would be more apt) D Gallop and you think this means something. The guy is the biggest throw-away line merchant to ever live. He talks up every bid.

And you still think $20 memberships is a reasonable indication of how many people would buy memberships if they were $200 or more, which they would be if the club actually existed. And in any case kids memberships ARE $15 and adults can get two years for $15. Big f**king deal. I could sell 7000 memberships to a Northern NSW NRL bid team at that price if such a thing existed, or to any other region in country NSW. It doesn't mean such a team should be playing in the NRL. It's insignificant.

AND you reckon you've "done your maths" :lol: Then you should know that more TV dollars means bye bye Bears. Your delusion is reaching Victorian levels. You honestly think your bid is better and your proof is that you know the bid, so therefore you know it's better. How deluded is that. Thank f**k the people making the decision won't be members of the North Sydney Deluded Society

Goddo

Bench
^ true that.

If I were to set up a Coffs Comets or Port Macquarie Sharks membership drive at $20 a pop I recon in 18 months I could get more than 7k "members".

Acording to Translink, the next 5 trains to go from Roma Street to Robina are 4 @ 1hr 14m and 1 @ 1hr and 13m

Seems you are lying through your teeth again R&B. How about you tell us all again how no one in Ipswich will support an Ipswich team.

Well I somehow must be impervious to time then, whilst I travel on that train. 3 times a week.

People from Ipswich will support an Ipswich team.

East Coast Tiger said:
I don't care what you say THE TIMETABLE says it takes 1 hour 16mins. But no doubt you know better.
And likewise I don't care what you say because I travel on the thing 3 times a week. I'll think about you and Goddo next time Im on the train and get to my destination on time.

East Coast Tiger said:
I also find it funny that you like to quote (unquote would be more apt) D Gallop and you think this means something. The guy is the biggest throw-away line merchant to ever live. He talks up every bid.
Of course he talks up every bid, however I only quote him when you or anyone else for that matter says otherwise. re: the support, historical links and corporate support between the North Shore, the Central Coast and the Bears brand.

East Coast Tiger said:
And you still think $20 memberships is a reasonable indication of how many people would buy memberships if they were $200 or more, which they would be if the club actually existed. And in any case kids memberships ARE $15 and adults can get two years for $15. Big f**king deal. I could sell 7000 memberships to a Northern NSW NRL bid team at that price if such a thing existed, or to any other region in country NSW. It doesn't mean such a team should be playing in the NRL. It's insignificant.
Well sell 7000 memberships then. Prove it mate. You guys like to talk about about what this bid, that bid, you can POTENTIALLY achieve. Yet here we are, in the today, in the now and none of what you guys say is coming to fruition. One membership @ $20 for a non-existent team isn't that great, 7000 memberships @ $40 average for a non-existent team on the other hand is great. Stop sitting on your backsides, take a weekend off and volunteer for an organization to sell memberships.

East Coast Tiger said:
AND you reckon you've "done your maths" :lol: Then you should know that more TV dollars means bye bye Bears. Your delusion is reaching Victorian levels. You honestly think your bid is better and your proof is that you know the bid, so therefore you know it's better. How deluded is that. Thank f**k the people making the decision won't be members of the North Sydney Deluded Society

I know the Central Coast Bears have the better and stronger bid. I've seen the groundwork done by them in comparison to others. I have seen them grow continuously since their announcement of the bid. I know the support they have generated thus far, the opportunities they can create, the decisions that have been implemented and the hardwork which has been put in, in due effect.

TV dollars will be a big issue but it's not the, be all and end all. Plus the bid has that covered already, it's really only people which aren't informed enough of each bid's credits whom raise the issue more often then not. Like i've suggested before, ring up the bids respected administrations and ask the hard questions, if you guys don't trust my word. Instead of constantly making fun of individual posters, do something for a change for your so much loved bids. You call me deluded but you are the one short of information, you choose not to research and investigate but rather sit back and be nostradamus predicting what every bid will do. I can't predict the future but I can sure as hell tell you what's happening in the present.

Last edited:

Goddo

Bench
Just thinking about the WA and NZ timezones, the next logical expansion 10 years from now would then be Adelaide and Wellington.

You could schedule a NZ home game every week that would have a favourable timezone for AEST.

Similarily couple Perth and Adelaide home games - I know theres 1hr 30min between Adelaide and Perth, but a Saturday 4:00pm kick off in Adelaide for a 7:30pm AEST broadcast isn't bad.

So a Saturday night would have

Perth or Adelaide vs someone 5:30/7:00pm kick off, 7:30pm live AEST broadcast
*** NSW/QLD/VIC game 5:30pm kick off, live AEST broadcast
Auckland or Wellington vs someone 5:30pm kick off, 3:30pm live AEST broadcast

Adelaide/Wellington would be probably the best options next time around for TV money, assuming Perth and Brisbane are in 2013.

That would mean between now and say 2030 there will be only one licence for Qld and NSW. Concidering population growth, TV ratings along state lines and the size of Queensland, Brisbane II or Western Coridor would have to be certainties.

Last edited:

Quidgybo

Bench
Just thinking about the WA and NZ timezones, the next logical expansion 10 years from now would then be Adelaide and Wellington.

You could schedule a NZ home game every week that would have a favourable timezone for AEST.

Similarily couple Perth and Adelaide home games - I know theres 1hr 30min between Adelaide and Perth, but a Saturday 4:00pm kick off in Adelaide for a 7:30pm AEST broadcast isn't bad.
In terms of timezones, Adelaide doesn't get us anything another AEST wouldn't get us. It's only half an hour behind and Rugby League takes a two hour slot. Another NZ team for sure but I think it'll be paired with a fifth Queensland team. Same as this time, one frontier expansion team and one new Queensland team. Unless an existing team relocates to either market in the mean time.

Leigh

smithie

Juniors
The best way forward is 2013 - Brisbane II & Perth, 2015 - Sharks fully relocated to Adelaide, 2018 - NZ II & Central Coast. 20 team competition.

Goddo

Bench
^ So you recon by 2030 the NRL will look something like

20 team comp
9 NSW - Manly, Sydney, South Sydney, St George Illawarra, Canterbury-Bankstown, Parramatta, Penrith, Wests, Newcastle
5 QLD - North Queensland, Brisbane, Gold Coast, and two of Brisbane II/Ipswich-Logan/Sunshine Coast
2 NZ - Auckland, Wellington/Christchurch
1 SA - Adelaide (Sharks)
1 WA - Perth
1 VIC - Melbourne
1 ACT - Canberra
Or only 4 Qld sides and add the Central Coast

That would be a pretty comprehensive national footprint, yet leveraging our strengths in Brisbane and Sydney better.

Last edited:

Quidgybo

Bench
5 QLD - North Queensland, Brisbane, Gold Coast, and two of Brisbane II/Ipswich-Logan/Sunshine Coast.
No, one of Brisbane2 and Ipswich with the Sunshine Coast being the fifth team either way. Once there is a second license based out of Suncorp, there won't be a third any time soon. I wouldn't be that surprised if the Brisbane2 and Ipswich bids end up being the same thing - ie. the NRL tell them if they pool their resources, they're in. For the price of using the Jets mascot and basing their club house in Ipswich the business men at Brisbane2 get a license to build an NRL super power.

Leigh.

Goddo

Bench
^ that is probably for the best. I read somewhere that the Sunshine Coast has set aside a huge parcel of land to develop into an NRL stadium at some point in the future, and that they want an NRL licence - they know its not feasable now, but are planning for a slice of the action.

Maybe there is hope for the Bears on the Sunshine Coast?
If/else

DEAD-BEAR-450x340.jpg

smithie

Juniors
^ So you recon by 2030 the NRL will look something like

20 team comp
9 NSW - Manly, Sydney, South Sydney, St George Illawarra, Canterbury-Bankstown, Parramatta, Penrith, Wests, Newcastle
5 QLD - North Queensland, Brisbane, Gold Coast, and two of Brisbane II/Ipswich-Logan/Sunshine Coast
2 NZ - Auckland, Wellington/Christchurch
1 SA - Adelaide (Sharks)
1 WA - Perth
1 VIC - Melbourne
1 ACT - Canberra
Or only 4 Qld sides and add the Central Coast

That would be a pretty comprehensive national footprint, yet leveraging our strengths in Brisbane and Sydney better.

By 2020 not 2030. 2030 is a long time off.

By 2030 I'd like to see the number of Sydney teams reduced to about 5 or 6, as well as adding teams at Sunshine Coast, Central QLD. PNG may be a possiblity by then depending on how the PNG Government and country in general are travelling. We may even be looking at NSW Mid North Coast (probably Coffs Harbour) by then and even Melbourne II, Tasmania or Darwin. A lot can happen in 19 years.

Quidgybo

Bench
Or hope for the nearest privately owned team to the Central Coast. They could be forced out if the Bears or any other team end up at Bluetongue. Especially if the owners of that nearby team are looking for a new stadium because they can't get any decent upgrades to their existing oval. It'd help if a team moving to the Sunshine Coast already had some established links there. Perhaps supporting a Queensland Cup team would be a good start?

Leigh

^ that is probably for the best. I read somewhere that the Sunshine Coast has set aside a huge parcel of land to develop into an NRL stadium at some point in the future, and that they want an NRL licence - they know its not feasable now, but are planning for a slice of the action.

If/else

DEAD-BEAR-450x340.jpg

Why should the Bears have to spend more millions of dollars on yet another region when we have already on the Central Coast? Why should the Bears be forced anywhere when they have already paid for a stadium on the coast, acquired land and funds to build a state of the art Sports Center. Having already established foundations and implemented hardwork with local junior clubs, schools, organizations, charities and local businesses? With 75% of members being local. Who have corporate support already and many more sponsors in the pipeline waiting?

The Sharks are broke send them to Brisbane, or Adelaide or New Zealand. Manly can't upgrade Brookvale and already have links with the Sunshine Coast, Roosters lack juniors and supporters in general, there is always Central QLD. There are teams currently in the NRL who have done bugger all, spent bugger all and survive on hand outs. Yet you want to reward these teams with a license yet punish one who already has relocated? spent millions on their new region with infrastructure and programs by relocating them again? Think for a second will you.

2013 - WA Reds (your money cow) & Central Coast Bears (your guaranteed supported team with everything in place, shored up and ready to start recruiting now)

2017 - New Zealand (your money cow) & Ipswich (your guaranteed supported team once the bid has secured sponsors, fans etc)

+ Adelaide or Brisbane left for the Sharks and/or Roosters with big incentives
+ Central Queensland or Sunshine Coast left for the Sea Eagles and/or Roosters with big incentives.

Let's reward hardwork and go forward, not stagnating and day dreaming.

Last edited: