What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane2 Bid News

Which Brisbane2 Team Name?

• Total voters

docbrown

Coach
Dolphins was widely known as the name of the new GC team before they changed it via public poll to Titans remember. They even had a jersey and logo.

I don’t think changing Brisbane Bombers to Brisbane Aviators or whatever would be a big deal.

To me though that was actually showing some respect to an existing rugby league club and happened before anything official was announced. It actually worked to their favour.

Whereas in this case if they change their identity after officially announcing it, it can be interpreted that a) the identity wasn't strong to begin with and b) that they are willing to change their identity to appease people and in particular the AFL.

Normally the best strategy is to present a strong public image from the get go, in my opinion.

To be honest, there's no need for you to post that. If this bid is heartless - which it may appear to be so - then that will out and in the end work to the Bears advantage.

For now you should probably just take the higher road and focus on your own bid's notable achievements.

The reply isn't from a CCBears fan point of view, nor does it have anything to do with them.

It's from the point of view of a local Brisbane resident, a rugby league follower and someone who has met Mr. Davison numerous times over the years.

This man is John Ribot v.2.

smithie

Juniors
So will we be seeing any Bears protesting at the Brisbane II brand launch today like they did at the bid launch earlier in the year?

Last edited:

andrew057

First Grade
So will we be seeing any Bears protesting at the Brisbane II brand launch today like they did at the bid launch earlier in the year?

I'd implore any fan of the game in the area to protest the bid. The name, the logo and the colours, tuuuuuurrrrrrible.

Quidgybo

Bench
The strongest QLD bids remain Central QLD and Western Corridor regardless of what some may think in here.
Is there really anyone in here heavily backing this bid over the other Queensland bids? I think the major point being made by many posters is that one of the Queensland bids will get a spot, not a particular bid. It'll probably be the case that two or even all three Queensland bids will be able to put together a case that they can meet the minimum baseline to actually run and sustain a competitive NRL franchise. That'd leave the NRL in a position to choose *who* they want running a franchise, rather than just where they want one based.

Leigh.

Last edited:

Jason Maher

Immortal
Bombers? What a joke. Is it a AFL team? Come on people, get behind the Ipswich Jets.

What in the blue f**k? "Bombers" is no good as a nickname, but "Jets" is all good? f**k me dead! Be like complaining that "Raiders" is a shit nickname and that Canberra should have been called the Vikings...

Shorty

Staff member
Stupid, stupid name.
But I guess it's p*ssed AFL supporters off so that's good.
My insular Adelaide brother said at least the AFL bids have unique brand names.
Um GC Giants anyone?
Never mind the fact that the AFL had the Brisbane Bears at some stage as well.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
I think this is a plan by the Brisbane bid team.

It's got people talking about them all around the country.

They are using an AFL strategy here and it appears to be working.

I think this might very well be the case. Slater and Kennedy interview an AFL player this morning on the BSB and it did get me thinking that the Brisbane bid were simply taking a leaf out of the AFL marketing text book. Well played if that was their aim because I think it has worked.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I think it is designed to have maximum media minutes.

The VFL will go off, and create lots of stories.

Goddo

Bench
:lol: I think it was worth it. That AFL androtop Redb is melting down all over the interwebs...

M2D2

Bench
Its probably just me, but they shouldnt be allowed to have the bombers name and they shouldnt be allowed to have the brisbane name either.
I hated when the Doggies and Roosters changed their names so they could both be Sydney. A little different but still.
Ipswich. SthQld. East/West/South/North Brisbane. Rivercity. Cockgobblers.
Could be any of these. Just not straight up Brisbane.
This whole thing stinks of people who got punted from the Broncs and still want to be the Brisbane team.

nqcowboy87

Bench
brisbane bombers??

lame, lame, lame , lame, lame, lame, lame, lame, lame, lame, lame, lame, lame
lame, lame, lame , lame, lame, lame, lame, lame, lame, lame, lame, lame, lame
lame, lame, lame , lame, lame, lame, lame........................lame

the fact that its already registered with asic means its set in stone, who the f chose this