What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane2 Bid News

Which Brisbane2 Team Name?

• Total voters

Charlie124

First Grade
I really hope they pick something from outside of that horrible list. The only one i dont completely hate is Brewers, but even its a bit meh.

Bring back the South QLD Crushers

Pj,Rj,Hj

Juniors
I liked the idea of them name being something in regards to Flying Foxes

or the Brisbane 'Whalers" or "River Whalers" in regards to Bullsharks.

Warrior@Heart

Juniors
I'd like it to have Greater Brisbane as a name just so there's some diversity between them and the broncos. Two brisbane teams just don't sound right to me.
Gators, Generals, Grizzlies, Gunners. Since all the names starting with B are either taken or just suck.

Silent Knight

First Grade
The Brisbane Yippee Ki-Yay MF'ers would make for a good team name. I can see young families getting right behind the team.

Scarves

Juniors
If you want a bit of history, bring back those old Packet of Winfield Jerseys and call the club "Combined Brisbane". South Qld needs to be scorched and burned.

In my view the club should be called Brisbane and be another representation of the city. It works well in the States with NY Jets and NY Giants, both play out of the same stadium without any dramas.

I'm sure they'll work it out, I think they're having a lend of us with that list. If they like aliteration, Beasts, Barbarians, and Buffaloes are some suggestions. Whatever it is, it needs to show strength and be professional. Can't believe Brewers is a serious suggestion.

What colours would you want the Brisbane2 team to have...??

I want a complete Crushers reincarnation. So bring back the mustard & navy!!!!

If we can't have the South QLD Crushers, then i'd like these names:

South QLD Piranhas
South QLD Moose (Moose is plural for Moose)

Or failing those...

The Brisbane Ballbags.

Paul J

Juniors
It needs to have Brisbane in the name. Eastern, Rivercity, South Qld are all to general.

Brisbane Bayliners has significance to Brisbane, the waters off Brisbane is Moreton Bay. For example, Channel Nine news in Brisbane advertise that they cover everything "from Brisbane to the Bay."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moreton_Bay

Brisbane Brewers is the other one I like as Suncorp Stadium is next door to Castlemaine Brewers, as mentioned earlier in the thread. Also the Milwaukee Brewers are not a particularly successful or well known baseball team, so the name would work.

Brisbane Bayliners because Brisbane lines the Bay...
Brisbane Brewers because we love what Brisbane Brews, XXXX...

Frailty

First Grade
Brisbane Bats
Brisbane Beat
Brisbane Bruisers
Brisbane Bulls
Brisbane Bruisers
Brisbane Beetroots
Brisbane Boncos

See I can have fun with alliteration too!

What part of Brisbane are they really representing?

I would like to see a return to the Crushers... So West Brisbane Crushers, South Brisbane Crushers, ectc.

Jankuloski

Juniors
South Qld Rangers sounds much worse to me than Brisbane Rangers...

Quick google search informs me that Brisbane is sometimes called the River City - but how much do people really do that?

KookaBooras is cool :D

user_nat

Coach
Why do they need to have something starting with B?

25 other letters they could use (although some might be hard to use..)

Zigwaa

Bench
I'd like there to be some sort of connection to the area...

When was the last time Brisbane, or Sth East QLD had a cyclone?

Yep totally agree. Has to be something connecting to the area and something Australian.

I hate these sides that have names that rip off american sporting teams and have no connection to Australia or the particular area the team is in.

Either Kookaburras or some other native australian animal in the Brisbane area.

Latest posts