What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane2 Bid News

Which Brisbane2 Team Name?

• Total voters
As I mentioned before any of those names in the QLD comp are way better than the ones in the poll.

Seriously, South Logan Magpies, Ipswich Jets, Redcliffe Dolphins, I personally wouldnt mind any of those teams.

Using those names would automatically limit the clubs possible supporter base.

I dont love the name or anything , but a lot of mascot names are pretty rubbish.

beave

Coach

indian-cricket-team.jpg

why, what did they do to them???

Tommax25

Bench

Wow they talk some shit in there. I feel like someone should go set them straight cause my god its crazy in there. Someone said something didn't make sense and someone quoted "yeah, much like their sport" ?!!!!!!!!!? The game with structure, 5 sets and kick (generally), set plays and moves DOESN'T make sense but the one where the scrabble around in the dirt fumbling for the ball like a bunch of f**king headless chickens DOES?

They can't wait for us to go bankrupt (despite indications we are going to get a better TV deal than them) but specificy financiall because morally the game is already bankrupt, referencing greg birds incident from like 4 years ago omg, someone needs to make a post oon there linking them to all those AFL incidents that they seemingly forget about.

There was more but I cant be bothered going back to look again, those are the two that stuck out at me. As for the name Bombers: I hate it. Barbarians or something, Bombers is lame as f**k.

Brutus

Referee
I think this is a plan by the Brisbane bid team.

It's got people talking about them all around the country.

They are using an AFL strategy here and it appears to be working.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I think this is a plan by the Brisbane bid team.

It's got people talking about them all around the country.

They are using an AFL strategy here and it appears to be working.

That is a good point. It has certainly pissed RL and Australian rules people off, so they have scored some extra column inches in the media. A year at least until a team is accepted officially as number 17, so it could and i think will change.

docbrown

Coach
That is a good point. It has certainly pissed RL and Australian rules people off, so they have scored some extra column inches in the media. A year at least until a team is accepted officially as number 17, so it could and i think will change.

Well I'd say it would be a mistake to pick the Bombers name - but it would be an even bigger mistake to announce it and then change it later.

Because if you're willing to change your entire clubs identity just to make a buck, you put out the perception that everything is up for sale and nothing is sacred.

I'd doubt they'd announce the name and change it though, but I seriously hope this is all a social media exercise to get people focused on the real announcement (but sadly that's unlikely...).

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Well I'd say it would be a mistake to pick the Bombers name - but it would be an even bigger mistake to announce it and then change it later.

Because if you're willing to change your entire clubs identity just to make a buck, you put out the perception that everything is up for sale and nothing is sacred.

I'd doubt they'd announce the name and change it though, but I seriously hope this is all a social media exercise to get people focused on the real announcement (but sadly that's unlikely...).

Dolphins was widely known as the name of the new GC team before they changed it via public poll to Titans remember. They even had a jersey and logo.

I don’t think changing Brisbane Bombers to Brisbane Aviators or whatever would be a big deal.

Craig Davison, I guess there is no point telling the world what an arrogant muppet he is when he can happily do it for himself. All BS aside, the logo is not that bad imo. It is however a shame that this bid was created out of spite and shameless tactics with no real intentions at shoring up, strengthening and growing the game in the greater community of Brisbane. They've managed to turn away more potential Brisbane based code-hopping and established rugby league fans then even I thought was possible. The strongest QLD bids remain Central QLD and Western Corridor regardless of what some may think in here.

Last edited:

docbrown

Coach
Craig Davison, I guess there is no point telling the world what an arrogant muppet he is when he can happily do it for himself. All BS aside, the logo is not that bad imo. It is however a shame that this bid was created out of spite and shameless tactics with no real intentions at shoring up, strengthening and growing the game in the greater community of Brisbane. They've managed to turn away more potential Brisbane based code-hopping and established rugby league fans then even I thought was possible. The strongest QLD bids remain Central QLD and Western Corridor regardless of what some may think in here.

To be honest, there's no need for you to post that. If this bid is heartless - which it may appear to be so - then that will out and in the end work to the Bears advantage.

For now you should probably just take the higher road and focus on your own bid's notable achievements.