What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane3 - What is needed to make it a successful bid?

MugaB

Coach
I think he must've used the Rugby Union calculator when he came up with that one.
He didn't come up with it... norths have been pedalling that narrative of 200k lost to the game for over a decade now, just like the Jets pedal the 8972 crowd joke every game... (ode to their last attendance)

Santino Patane

Juniors
Fair point, and that's the kind of creative thinking that might be needed to get Brisbane Easts "over the line" as far as NRL status goes.

It does setup a potential battle (again) with the Dolphins over who best caters to that region, but I dare say that if Easts- or at least an Easts-owned club - becomes the NRL's Sunshine Coast team, then it means the Dolphins can refocus to being the NRL club that largely serves Brisbane's northern suburbs
I’d like to see this happen but I think it would only occur if 2 things occur- 1st the Broncos get Suncorp maxed out every game so 2. The Dolphin’s get to Broncos existing levels. Then the Dolphins can shed their “representing Brisbane to Rockhampton” idea that was a big part that snagged them the licence and be a “Redcliffe/Northern Suburbs/Greater Brisbane team in all but name. So putting it a different way, lots of growth first, changing regional focus follows.

I’m not trying to be a pessimist but I think these levels are still generations, not years away. As it stands, I think the Dolphins need to rely on working such a huge catchment (in area) to drive the growth they need- still early days. No criticism of the Dolphins either, I think they’ve done a stand up job kicking off over the last 2 years too…

MugaB

Coach
Fiji is an interesting one - they seem to have infrastructure & security somewhat better than PNG, but the financial aspect is still a question mark on the idea.

If it can be self-sustaining, it would basically be a "hub" for a Pacific Island presence - and somewhere Samoan & Tongan talent could feed into.
videotogif_2024.05.25_14.23.19.gif

Matt_CBY

Juniors
He didn't come up with it... norths have been pedalling that narrative of 200k lost to the game for over a decade now, just like the Jets pedal the 8972 crowd joke every game... (ode to their last attendance)
oh no. We’ve caught another one.

Have you looked up their last attendance figure?