What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane3 - What is needed to make it a successful bid?

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Jets partnering with Bombers last time and now Newtown sorta says to me one or both parties aren’t interested.

Shane Richardson in an interview a year or more ago was spruiking all the benefits of the Western corridor, at the time he was leading the Tigers/Firehawks. I guess Easts’ plan is to bid and say they’re a team for the West, kinda like Dolphins said they were going to represent the Sunshine Coast.
Yep you're right, if they were going to get married you'd think it would have already happened.

Easts do believe they can go it alone (they can certainly afford to). All I'd have to say to them is good luck with gaining traction with your brand out west, not impossible, but you've started with an uphill battle to climb.

Vee

First Grade
Jets partnering with Bombers last time and now Newtown sorta says to me one or both parties aren’t interested.

Shane Richardson in an interview a year or more ago was spruiking all the benefits of the Western corridor, at the time he was leading the Tigers/Firehawks. I guess Easts’ plan is to bid and say they’re a team for the West, kinda like Dolphins said they were going to represent the Sunshine Coast.
Or North Sydney and anywhere that will have them.

flippikat

Bench
Yep you're right, if they were going to get married you'd think it would have already happened.

Easts do believe they can go it alone (they can certainly afford to). All I'd have to say to them is good luck with gaining traction with your brand out west, not impossible, but you've started with an uphill battle to climb.
I always thought that a Brisbane Jets.. colors - Green with orange & white trim - as a joint venture between Brisbane Easts & Ipswich (probably majority Easts as they're the money here) was an idea worth fostering.

While it's a shame that's passed, the next best thing is this Jets hookup. It's just sad that it leaves such a financial powerhouse as Brisbane Easts on the sideline unless Brisbane can accommodate 2 more NRL teams.

Latest posts