What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane3 - What is needed to make it a successful bid?

Ck9

Juniors
ask yourself, if a S/SW team had come in playing all games at Suncorp as Brisbane2 would people be talking now about the need for Brisbane3 in far north suburbia playing games in a 10k stadium so soon? I doubt it!

Easts had just as much cash as Redcliffe, but they presented a bigger threat to the Broncos business. Like I said Vlandys bottled it and doffed his cap to his news ltd paymasters as usual.
100%

It's pretty obvious as somebody who actually lives in Brisbane that we are never going to get a second team until newscorp sell foxtel/kayo off. Competing against a satellite city (or two) is much more tenable for the horse than having real competition inside of Brisbane itself.

blue bags

First Grade
Brisbane West
New club
Brisbane Jet's
Going by media reports
John Singleton. And sponsors
Has $40 million to spend
And reports of coach Wayne Bennett involved

Matt_CBY

Juniors
ask yourself, if a S/SW team had come in playing all games at Suncorp as Brisbane2 would people be talking now about the need for Brisbane3 in far north suburbia playing games in a 10k stadium so soon? I doubt it!

Easts had just as much cash as Redcliffe, but they presented a bigger threat to the Broncos business. Like I said Vlandys bottled it and doffed his cap to his news ltd paymasters as usual.
I can’t believe the things people make themselves believe on this site. Seriously.

100%

It's pretty obvious as somebody who actually lives in Brisbane that we are never going to get a second team until newscorp sell foxtel/kayo off. Competing against a satellite city (or two) is much more tenable for the horse than having real competition inside of Brisbane itself.
None of that changes the fact a South Queensland #4 team is viable. If not for next round, most definitely round after that whenever that may be.

I don’t know where you live but western suburbs into Ipswich is different enough to eastern suburbs heading into Redlands and continuing to be different enough from southern suburbs heading into Logan and northern suburbs heading into Redcliffe/Caboolture.

Commercially there is enough untapped potential in both south/logan and west/ipswich to not impact Broncos, Dolphins & Titans. Population is also large enough to sustain 4 teams in the future, I’m not sold that 2028 is the right time though. Dolphins need bigger breathing space to maximise and hit their full potential.

Plus the Q-Cup would need to be looked at and assessed. It’s a bit of a mess atm with what clubs feed into NRL clubs.

Matt_CBY

Juniors
Disappointed in the Ipswich/Newtown bid.

If Easts Tigers could represent Western Corridor, I’d see no reason why the Fortitude Valley Jets couldn’t do the same thing! The jersey would be so nice!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Disappointed in the Ipswich/Newtown bid.

If Easts Tigers could represent Western Corridor, I’d see no reason why the Fortitude Valley Jets couldn’t do the same thing! The jersey would be so nice!
Ipswich has no money, only reason they’ve come up with this hair brain idea is a) to get some capital for start up costs and b) in the hope Sydney centric Vlandys might like it,

Latest posts