What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbanes Title Chances?

Earl

Coach
It seems to me as though stopping the Broncos this year may be a lost cause. Year after year everyone says the Broncos season depends on the State Of Origin period.

Well with the bye next week, the SOO period is over for them.

They lost 1 match in about an 6-7 match stretch with players missing and backing up. Not only that, but their "baby bronco" side won twice. Against decent oppisition too.

It will come down to injuries too key players for mine. If the likes of Lockyer stay on the feild, they just may well go all the way.

Raider_69

Post Whore
they are easily the team to beat and at the moment i can see anyone in the comp that can beat them

Johns Magic

Referee
The only teams I can really see stopping them is Cowboys, Storm and the Bulldogs when they hit their straps.

RABK

Referee
Yeh they will be hard to beat but at full strength i can see the Bulldogs, Cowboys or Dragons knocking them out.

Come finals time the season starts again, i think the Dogs will run home with a wet sail to go back to back.

roboshark

Coach
Earl said:
It seems to me as though stopping the Broncos this year may be a lost cause. Year after year everyone says the Broncos season depends on the State Of Origin period.

Well with the bye next week, the SOO period is over for them.

They lost 1 match in about an 6-7 match stretch with players missing and backing up. Not only that, but their "baby bronco" side won twice. Against decent oppisition too.

It will come down to injuries too key players for mine. If the likes of Lockyer stay on the feild, they just may well go all the way.

My Sharks decent opposition-
HTML:
:^o

Jono078

Referee
Out of the top 10 teams now on the ladder I reckon:

Cowboys may if a home game
Eels will want revenge on their massive thrashing
Dragons if 100%
Raiders if Smith is playing

I think anyone can beat them when it comes to semi's like every year, Origin will catch upto them, although they have awsome depth and I think they will make the GF.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Don't the forget the Broncos achilles heal in recent seasons

has been the POST ORIGIN PERIOD

In 2001 - lost 6 in a row during Post origin period

In 2002 - lost 4 out of last 5

In 2003 - lost last 8 games

In 2004 - won only 1 of last 6

I'm not saying that this will happen again, just that the post origin period has been their weakness in recent years, while they've usually done well during the actual origin period. I think they are well equipped to finish this season better and be serious title contenders. Still a tough run home but if they have a good run with injuries I'd say they would be minor premiers.

Parramatta in my opinion pose the biggest threat. Nothing Brian Smith would like more than to revenge some earlier coaching losses to Bennett with a grand final victory this year. The Eels are looking very good.

Broncos v Eels decider for mine.

Iafeta

Referee
Just need the Warriors to pull their heads in against the other 13 sides and we'll knock them out of the finals :) Only team to seems to really concern the Broncos consistently these days, for whatever reason, and don't ask me what it is, is the Warriors.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
I don't think even the 'Dogs can now, an out of form Brent Sherwin is a huge loss to them. Corey Hughes isn't a halfback and he's the option they would go with. If Sherwin finds form and they get their full side back on deck, then they'll go close to finishing off the Broncos but apart from that they are no chance.

Another side that could stop them is the Storm. When they turn it on they are unstoppable, they just don't do it often enough to back them. Will also be keen to see the Eels have another crack at trying to stop them, they are a very different side now and they might have what it takes to do it aswell.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Red and Blue Knight said:
Yeh they will be hard to beat but at full strength i can see the Bulldogs, Cowboys or Dragons knocking them out.

Come finals time the season starts again, i think the Dogs will run home with a wet sail to go back to back.

The Dogs were woeful last night. Almost as bad as Penrith :rolleyes:

LESStar58

Referee
Johns Magic said:
The only teams I can really see stopping them is Cowboys, Storm and the Bulldogs when they hit their straps.

Bulldogs- no
Cowboys- maybe
Storm- possibly, we'll find out in 2 weeks

salivor

First Grade
We're a different side to the one of the last 4 seasons but the run home does still concern me. What is promising is that we've got the bye next week which means one less back up game (they're the ones that have taken it out of us in past seasons) and we've got Melbourne the week after. If QLD lose on Wed that'll add even more spice to what is a revenge match for us, it's the perfect way to fire up the guys for a big run home.

Razor

Coach
they are easily the team to beat and at the moment i can see anyone in the comp that can beat them

Warriors is the side most likely to beat them, as the Broncos struggle against the huge Warriors side

Eels and Dragons could also beat them.

Can't see any other side beating them.

BuffaloRules

Coach
We still should play the finals I think...

Don't give them the title yet...

I don't rate them as highly as Penrith/Roosters 2003 or Bulldogs/Roosters 2004, but their isn't much other quality in the comp...

Parra , Manly and Cronulla are no chance to beat them though...