What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbanes Title Chances?

PJ Marshal

Coach
salivor said:
Johns is the best player in the world.
There I've said it, now do your part and swim back off to the Newcastle forum never to return. God knows this sections IQ could do with the boost.

which is 100% true

lockyers move to the number 6 was a silly move imo he is a better fullback than 5/8, since his move he has only dominated a handful of games

in the past couple of origin games he has been mia

......now watch the dumbass one eyed qld'ers have a go!

as for brisbane winning a grand final totally likely

but they have a knack of dying in the arse at seasons end

salivor

First Grade
PJ Marshal said:
which is 100% true

lockyers move to the number 6 was a silly move imo he is a better fullback than 5/8, since his move he has only dominated a handful of games

in the past couple of origin games he has been mia

......now watch the dumbass one eyed qld'ers have a go!

as for brisbane winning a grand final totally likely

but they have a knack of dying in the arse at seasons end

It was a joke, a rather dry one.

Who is more stoopid, RBK for trolling or you for getting sucked into another Johns V Lockyer debate?

renouf

Juniors
Red and Blue Knight said:
Caught some. Like Lockyer dominated Johns in Origin 2 huh Raider?

:lol: The only way you guys can get one over Johns is to use their teams against each other. Pathetic....were comparing players not teams. *Looks for Lockyers Dally M's....finds nothing*

*Lets see if i can catch some more*

get your little poofy halfback to run at Carroll on Wednesday night and we'll see who comes off second best.

Kiwi

First Grade
Prodigal Eel said:
Im hearing alot of same statements here i heard in 2001 about parra....but yet the impossible happened...they lost! come gf day who ever is there, its anyones game!

I agree 100% with that statement, come grand final day, it's a whole new ball game.

Mr Saab

Referee
Kiwi said:
I agree 100% with that statement, come grand final day, it's a whole new ball game.

*brisbane dont lose GFs
* Lockyer vs Johns debate is now about as boring as watching re runs of the sullivans
* there will be no broncos slump like 2001/2/3/4
* Its Brisbanes comp to lose

Kiwi

First Grade
Charlie Saab said:
*brisbane dont lose GFs
* Lockyer vs Johns debate is now about as boring as watching re runs of the sullivans
* there will be no broncos slump like 2001/2/3/4
* Its Brisbanes comp to lose

In the great words of Han Solo

"don't get cocky kid"

Mr Saab

Referee
its not cocky, its the truth and i stand by every one of my points.
The only thing stopping brisbane is injury and thats a possiblity.

Kiwi

First Grade
Charlie Saab said:
its not cocky, its the truth and i stand by every one of my points.
The only thing stopping brisbane is injury and thats a possiblity.

I remember another poster thinking exactly the same way, and like you was vocal about it.....I wonder what rooster cogburn is up to these days? Probably choked on his humble pie.

gregstar

Referee
& melon posted a detailed reason why the roosters would roll penrith in '03, complete with detailed critique of the penny players which found its way to the team. :lol:

Mr Saab

Referee
gregstar said:
& melon posted a detailed reason why the roosters would roll penrith in '03, complete with detailed critique of the penny players which found its way to the team. :lol:

yeah well melon is a melonhead.
I guess Melon was not too informed of Fittlers bad shoulder injury which he carried the last 6-7 weeks of the comp. He was found out in the GF.
Brisbane have bigger match players than the chooks of 2003.
As i said, if brisbane stay injury free and lose the comp then i have ZERO excuses.
Well, unless of course Mander gives the opposition 4 sets of 7 tackles!

Brisbane are definitely the form side at the moment, but I wonder if they have peaked too early. We're still three months out from the Grand Final and a lot can happen in that time. As we all know, it's all about building form going into the semis and keeping that going for the 3-4 matches to win the comp.

This has been one of the most up and down seasons for a long time and nothing is set in concrete. Any one of about 10 sides has a shot and injuries could well be the difference. All I will say is that I've got no idea as this is the worst season I've had with my tipping. Could be a Wests-Tigers v Manly Grand Final the way my tipping has been going.

Mr Saab

Referee
peaked too early? all the broncos can do is win. I would rather they win, than lose.

salivor

First Grade
Saab may be confident but I think you'll find most supporters are being pretty realistic about how we're travelling, we're the team to beat and favourites but as past seasons have shown our real season is only just beginning. We've done the hard work and are in great position to finish well but comparrisons to Parramatta of 2001 are way off the mark.

Rammo

Juniors
Canterbury at full strength and North Queensland are the only teams with any hope of stopping the Brisbane juggernaut.

True Charlie, I was just trying to make a point that at various times this season a lot of teams have looked unbeatable. Melbourne, Parramatta, St George-Illawarra and North Queensland have all had their streaks. Now it's Brisbane's turn. They are going great guns so far and we'll see what happens come September-October.

Mr Saab

Referee
Eskimo Sharkie said:
True Charlie, I was just trying to make a point that at various times this season a lot of teams have looked unbeatable. Melbourne, Parramatta, St George-Illawarra and North Queensland have all had their streaks. Now it's Brisbane's turn. They are going great guns so far and we'll see what happens come September-October.

Yes at various stages those teams have had streaks, but none have been as consistent as the broncos. I am confident this yr...more so than any other yr since 2000