What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brock Reportedly Killed.

Deacon

First Grade
dumbfounded two aussie icons in the one week life can be so cruel RIP Pete

Tadpole

Juniors
Confirmed Report

Racing driver Peter Brock has died in a racing accident in Western Australia, the WA Police Major Crash Squad has confirmed.
The nine-times Bathurst 1000 winner was taking part in the Targa rally event in WA and involved one car, which crashed into a tree.

Brock was driving a 5.7 litre Chevrolet V8 Daytona sports car in the Targa race.

The 1150kg car was built as a modern interpretation of the 1965 Shelby Daytona, which dominated the World Sports Car Championship that year.

Brock's co-driver was to be Mick Hone, a Melbourne motorcycle dealer who was team manager for the Works Suzuki team in 2000.

Thomas

First Grade
Is it wrong for me to be half expecting Naomi Robson to be wearing a helmet tonight?

JW

Coach
RIP Peter. Thoughts go out to his family.

Thomas said:
Is it wrong for me to be half expecting Naomi Robson to be wearing a helmet tonight?

I was thinking exactly the same things.

Wouldn't put it past her, mate.

Already I see images of her with the racing gear on and the helmet under the arm whilst she broadcasts live from Oran Park.

Thomas

First Grade
"I wore the helmet and fire geniusant racing suit, because it was the only thing I had with me"

"And this trophy? Some kid put it on my shoulder"

The Colonel

Immortal
I'm Ford through and through but Brocky is, was and forever will be the King of the Mountain. Met him when I was fourteen, got to fill his car with petrol when they were travelling to Bathurst. He gave me one of his racing gloves after he signed it. Lovely bloke.....

RIP Brocky.

Condolences to his family.

Glenn

First Grade
The King of the Mountain is dead :shock:

My condolences to his family and friends.

R.I.P Peter Brock :cry: :cry: :cry:

Knightmare

Coach
JW said:
RIP Peter. Thoughts go out to his family.

I was thinking exactly the same things.

Wouldn't put it past her, mate.

Already I see images of her with the racing gear on and the helmet under the arm whilst she broadcasts live from Oran Park.

I don't mean to sound callous, but when I heard the news from Mum this arvo, one of the first things I thought was "What will Germaine say this time?"

TFS85

Juniors
The Colonel said:
I'm Ford through and through but Brocky is, was and forever will be the King of the Mountain.

DITTO

Brocky is a Motor Racing Legend and is loved by all Motor Racing fans. Today is a very sad day.

Gidsgal

Juniors
It is not a good time to be an Aussie at the moment, two famous Aussie legends have died in 4 days, I am totally devestated, and shocked at this, I am a major major motorsport fan, and he has been a hero of mine and my dad's for a long time, and i am just so upset, i can't even begin to imagine how his family and all the supercar drivers are holding up, this is hitting me even worse than what the news of steve irwins passing did, i met Brocky a couple fo years ago at Eastern Creek, and he seemed to be such a genuine nice caring bloke, i swear when i heard the news, my stomach dropped to the ground and i felt so sick, i just can't believe it, he was truly a legend in the hearts and minds of all Australians and i send my deepest sympathies to his family and close friends

griffo346

First Grade
State funeral to farewell Peter Brock
Saturday Sep 9 12:38 AEST

Motor racing legend Peter Brock will be farewelled with a state funeral in Victoria.

Details, including a date, are yet to be finalised.

Brock's former wife, Bev Brock, who split with the motor racing icon in May last year after 28 years together, said the decision to accept the Victorian government's offer of a state funeral was made by the couple's three children.

"I believe it's my kids choice and they felt it was fitting," Mrs Brock told ABC Radio.

"Their dad was loved. He was in the public eye, and everything had to be done with a flourish and with a bang.

"It's probably the way he would want to go out, (and) he would want to be remembered."

A state government spokeswoman said the Brock family had yet to contact the government to formally accept the offer.

She said details of the funeral would be finalised with the family.

"It's a fantastic offer and so many people want to say goodbye to him," Mrs Brock said.

Brock was killed on Friday when his car smashed into a tree during the Targa West rally in Western Australia.

Brock's children are believed to be on their way to Perth.