What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broderick Gone

Avenger

Immortal
If Brod wasn't offered anything it looks as though Ando will put a massive broom through the place. Lets hope it is a big broom.

Put it this way, Broderick would have wanted about $80K minimum, Cordoba would be on about $180K. Thats $260K. That would be enough for a player like Shackelton to be lured away from Bondi. Makes sense to me.

Kornstar

Coach
I thought he did well but we do need to chase some top class forwards and although Brod may oneday become a top class forward unfortunately he is not at the moment.

Hopefully Cordoba, Oake and Lowrie are next!!!

AlexTheEel

Juniors
I have no problems with Ando cleaning out whom he doesnt want and if it was Broderick who didnt wanna be here then so be it. he was solid but nothing to cry over.

Bazal

Post Whore
If Brod wasn't offered anything it looks as though Ando will put a massive broom through the place. Lets hope it is a big broom.

Hopefully it is. However, I do have to question (if Brod was indeed not offered a deal) whether this particular decision was the best one whilst Cordoba, Oake, Lowrie and the like are still here. Brod's already better than all three and on a lot less

Fathead

Bench
Hopefully it is. However, I do have to question (if Brod was indeed not offered a deal) whether this particular decision was the best one whilst Cordoba, Oake, Lowrie and the like are still here. Brod's already better than all three and on a lot less

How about the fact that he was the easiest to get rid of ?

If DA had his way most of the team would be out the door. You cant honestly believe if Ben Smith or Kris Inu were off contract we would offer them anything do you ?
Maybe we would offer inu about 120K tops...

DA knows what type of players he wants.

Bazal

Post Whore
How about the fact that he was the easiest to get rid of ?

If DA had his way most of the team would be out the door. You cant honestly believe if Ben Smith or Kris Inu were off contract we would offer them anything do you ?
Maybe we would offer inu about 120K tops...

DA knows what type of players he wants.

Didn't stop them letting Finchy go ;-)

I just think that there are players we could have let go before Brod, who would cost very little and be better in comparison is all. He's shown more in his time than Oake, Cordoba, and Weller for mine and probably hasn't freed up much (if anything) while Cordoba especially is still wasting 6 figures of our cap thanks to supercoach.

Of course, if he declined our offer then I'm happy enough to see him go

Eels Dude

Coach
I think he had potential. As long as we don't re-sign Cordoba or other nuffies then I don't mind. Hopefully DA is trying to save re-signing on players he isn't sure of so we've got space to buy a couple.

The P Eel

Juniors

I just think that there are players we could have let go before Brod, who would cost very little and be better in comparison is all. He's shown more in his time than Oake, Cordoba, and Weller for mine and probably hasn't freed up much (if anything) while Cordoba especially is still wasting 6 figures of our cap thanks to supercoach.

Of course, if he declined our offer then I'm happy enough to see him go
Did not decline an "offer" so to speak - match payments. :? not sure he would have freed up too much $$$

Fathead

Bench

See my post in the "feeling sick' thread - to save me typing it out again :D

If you dont want to play for a club or in finch case - dont want to abide by the rules set down by the coach .... see ya.
How can you build a cohesive unit if someone in the band is playing different (or their own) tunes ?

Bazal

Post Whore
See my post in the "feeling sick' thread - to save me typing it out again :D

If you dont want to play for a club or in finch case - dont want to abide by the rules set down by the coach .... see ya.
How can you build a cohesive unit if someone in the band is playing different (or their own) tunes ?

I agree totally. As I said, if this is Brod's choice, then seeya sonny (as promising as he is IMO). However, I do believe we should have at least offered him a contract if the rumour about us not doing so is true...

Ron Jeremy

Coach
im not bothered, about time perhaps we spent a little less emphasis on our juniors and went after proven first graders.

I really do think our juniors are the most overrated in the world of rugby league.

I will be supporting DA for as long as i can, just like i have done with other coaches we've had.

Latest posts