What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos 7's team

The Backpacker

Juniors
The decision on teams will be made, probably over the next 24 hours. I have no idea how many from your team have posted in the trial but I have collected 9 essays for marking, thus far which indicates that there is interest from your team. my concern with this team is who's pulling the strings.

Evilgrowler

First Grade
4 have posted from the Broncos. I guess that makes it a loss for us in the trials. As for who's pulling the strings........your guess is as good as mine.

All i know is we weren't notified about anything till I asked. I can't say I'm to happy about that kind of treatment. We shouldn't be the last to know. Had I not asked, I have the feeling we still wouldn't know.

The Backpacker

Juniors
EG - this is being discussed and a decision on teams will probably be reached in the next 24 hours. There is still time in the trial for the fifth. What is your opinion of merging with the Knights if it came to that? Would this team be interested on the whole or would you prefer to find your own teams if it came to the decision of the Bronco's not having the playing personnel to complete a season?

ParraMatt

Bench
The Knights are finished BP, Ive talked to the Newcastle Captain Skeptic Ghost and instead he is interested in joining the Broncos if anyone. EG, U were going to be told today about your new captain. JG told me he is not going to Captain the Broncos yesterday, I then told him if you arent then you will need to find a replacement. So he asked King Tigerman, King Tigerman said can you give me 1 day to think about it and then Ill get back to you. That's why we hadn't told the team yet, Because I knew there would be all negative comments like "lets jut fold the team" This team needs your support. Stick with them, They have 8 Players at present and there is still 2 weeks for King Tigerman to Recruit.

Evilgrowler

First Grade
I have been offered a position on another team if this one folds. As far as the other players are concerned, I don't know. Nobody is communicating. It's like we have our own little cone of silence happening.

I'd be happy with a merger. No worries there. I just want to play and be in a stable team. Right now, this one looks very shakey.

ParraMatt

Bench
The Backpacker said:
EG - this is being discussed and a decision on teams will probably be reached in the next 24 hours. There is still time in the trial for the fifth. What is your opinion of merging with the Knights if it came to that? Would this team be interested on the whole or would you prefer to find your own teams if it came to the decision of the Bronco's not having the playing personnel to complete a season?

BP, Is there seriously space for 8 Players at teams, I thought nearlly every team has there respecte 13 Players. Only few teams have 12 Players including Rhinos who arent allowed to sign anyway.

Evilgrowler

First Grade
As soon as JG pulled out, we should have been notified right away. Whether we had a captain or not. It shouldn't have been just his decision.

ParraMatt

Bench
Well that's JG's responsibility to let the team know. Not mine nor anyone elses. King Tigerman and Joondalup Giant wanted it to be a secret until it was confirmed.

ParraMatt

Bench
To walk out on a team with so much potential to have signed 8 players in minimal amount of weeks is something, If you leave them now they have no hope. Get yourself involved in the Captaincy of this team with King Tigerman and make it work EG.

Evilgrowler

First Grade
It's hard to get involved in the captaincy when you're not being apprised of the situation as soon as JG realised he didn't want to be captain. Why were you told and we weren't?

We're suppose to be a team. There is no room for bloody secrets. This is very bad management. I didn't say I'd walk out of the team. I said a position was offered to me if the team folded. There's a difference.

Me being involved in the captaincy is not a viable option. I'll be gone for about a month or 2 after April. A captain needs to be here full time to manage the team.

CycloneSteve

Juniors
Hey guys I am interested in joining the team if there is room. I can have an article done by tonight if thats what you need to complete the trial. Let me know ASAP and I can work on my article.

Cheers

ParraMatt

Bench
Mate all i can say is, If you dont wanna help in the Captain side of things at the Broncos. Then just hope that some worthy people come and randomly sign with the side in the next few days so that the Forum Sevens Management let the Broncos participate.

ParraMatt

Bench
CycloneSteve said:
Hey guys I am interested in joining the team if there is room. I can have an article done by tonight if thats what you need to complete the trial. Let me know ASAP and I can work on my article.

Cheers

Hehe, I think I can answer this question, in Saying yes please come and play for the Broncos. But I will let Evilgrowler make the decision.

Hoggy

Bench
I have been ushered here by Parra Matthew to sign up for the Broncos on the condition that I do not actually participate in the games until my computer is fixed.

(I'm at the local library)

Evilgrowler

First Grade
I'm saying I won't be able to help in the captaincy of the side as I won't be here. You like to try and put words in peoples mouths don't you? You're obviously not reading what I'm posting.

We have heard sweet FA from JG and KT. I don't even know who this guy is. However, it seems it's already been decided that he is the captain without the teams input. This is wrong. He may well be worthy and I'm not judging him. I don't even know him, but I'm sure the rest of the team would agree with me when I say we would have liked to be consulted first.

Steve, welcome aboard mate. By all means, if you cab submit an essay, it would help give us a chance in the trial.

ParraMatt

Bench
EG, It was JG's idea to choose KT as Captain, I believe he should of consulted the team aswell. But he didnt, Nothing I can do about it.

Has Cyclone Steve played forum sevens before?

And Hoggy, Well He is a Former Rhino, Talk to him on MSN, He is keen, As he asked me a while back about playing Forum Sevens again, I let him know which team needs players. And he looks delighted, He told me when his computer is fixed he will be a definate.

Hoggy

Bench
So yeah I wanna be a part-timer if you will have me on the conditions I have already said.

CycloneSteve

Juniors
No i have never played Forum Sevens b4 but I am a former sports journalist with our local newspaper (i know its not much but hey....) so hopefully that will stand us in good stead. Can I ask a silly question......why do we need a captain?? Does he tell us what to write???

Latest posts