What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos are the biggest hypocrites

KennyVegas

Juniors
They go and chase the likes of Dugan, Barba, Milford but got rid of a bloke who did far less.
At the time the Broncos were praised for getting rid of Gagai and setting the standard. They thought they weren't going to miss him with the likes of Norman, Kahu, Copley coming through. They didnt want to recruit anyone and develop within.
Funny what not winning games can do. What a joke of a club.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
it's hard to argue with you, to be honest. The Gagai debacle will go down as one of the dumbest things the club has ever done. I don't care if they were trying to set an example, they scapegoated him and it turned out very badly for them.

They go and chase the likes of Dugan, Barba, Milford but got rid of a bloke who did far less.
At the time the Broncos were praised for getting rid of Gagai and setting the standard. They thought they weren't going to miss him with the likes of Norman, Kahu, Copley coming through. They didnt want to recruit anyone and develop within.

I'm glad they did, he's been awesome for the Knights since we picked him up.

00digger00

Juniors
Name one code of conduct Dugan, Barba or Milford have broke? Gagai was under contract to the broncs and didn't follow the rules. The other 3 even had a chance to break them yet...

Joker's Wild

Coach
Name one code of conduct Dugan, Barba or Milford have broke? Gagai was under contract to the broncs and didn't follow the rules. The other 3 even had a chance to break them yet...
Pretty sure Dugan broke a slew of them. Drinking whilst injured being the most famous

Misanthrope

Staff member
Yeah that would be while he was with the raiders. Not the broncos...

Re-read your post, you dope. You don't ask what codes of conduct they have broken at the Broncos.

Grammar up, sunshine.

Last edited:

unbreaK

Juniors
There's quite a large difference between sacking a guy for not turning up to training and having a terrible attitude to trying to potentially recruit guys who have a "not so good" reputation at other clubs.. From my perspective they're the exact opposite of hypocrites, they were going to give Dugan a chance to prove he was more mature at Brisbane, he f**ked up, they didn't sign him.. If the Broncos truly were hypocrites they would've signed Dugan regardless of his Twitter outbursts.

eozsmiles

Bench
Harsh to include Milford. He got drunk once when he shouldn't have that we know of. Hardly in the Barba class.
The only other thing he has done is ask for a release, which is perfectly legal and breaks no team rules. Might be frowned upon but it isn't evil.

Big Pete

Referee
Exactly.

Big Dave obviously forgot his log in details and the usual brigade need their fix.

Nothing to see here.

Bretto

Bench
this thread really gets me angry.

index_thumb.jpg

THERE NEEDS TO BE AN INVESTIGATION!

Dave_

Juniors
Yeah, this dumb move from the Donkeys is the best thing ever for the Knights. Justin Hodges is just about stuffed and they let his clone go over dumb sh*t.

If Dane Gagai and Joey Leilua aren't the best centre pairing in the NRL they aren't far off it and will be soon enough. The funny thing is they were both rejects from their former clubs and both would be lucky to be 21, 22. Both are Bennett masterstrokes.

Only downfall is QLDumb have yet another gun centre coming through that could play origin for 10 years. Then again Leilua is NSW. I think they'll go up against each other many times in the future.

As a knights fan I am very angry at the broncos..... pricks lol.

bfoord

Juniors
Yeah, this dumb move from the Donkeys is the best thing ever for the Knights. Justin Hodges is just about stuffed and they let his clone go over dumb sh*t.

If Dane Gagai and Joey Leilua aren't the best centre pairing in the NRL they aren't far off it and will be soon enough. The funny thing is they were both rejects from their former clubs and both would be lucky to be 21, 22. Both are Bennett masterstrokes.

Only downfall is QLDumb have yet another gun centre coming through that could play origin for 10 years. Then again Leilua is NSW. I think they'll go up against each other many times in the future.

IMO, if the Broncos didn't sack Gagai, then he wouldn't be playing as well as he is now. To his credit, Gagai used the sacking as a wake up call and got his act together.

Last edited:

skeepe

Immortal
The way the Broncos have behaved this year with regards to player signings has been nothing short of abhorrent.

They are nothing but pathetic, moral-less scum.

f**k you Broncos you utter merkins.