What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos finished for 07 ?

Meanie

Juniors
ShineDog said:
Brisbane Bronco's fans have no faith, after reading just a few posts in this forum you would think they are a ONE MAN TEAM!!!

Nope, just a team that requires good playmakers at any given time, ya know like ANY team.

ShineDog

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
Same as most teams mate. Take the main player out of any side and they struggle. Take SBW out of your side..

SBW is a great player , but IMO the Dogs would have no trouble winning without him.
Dogs have won 7 of their past nine games ( and I believe it has been a great team comeback).

lockyno1

Post Whore
ShineDog said:
SBW is a great player , but IMO the Dogs would have no trouble winning without him.
Dogs have won 7 of their past nine games ( and I believe it has been a great team comeback).

Without SBW you lost quite a few games. Fact is PLAYMAKERS win matches. Whilst you can replace them they are never as good. And it is not as if we have lost just ONE player..Lockyer, Hodges(for a period), Hunt, Ennis, Tate, Stagg..That is the 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7. That is most of the damn backline. Then you add we have lost the Australian/QLD reserve hooker/utility. Every team would struggle. It is a credit that we haven't go thrashed yet!

ShineDog

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
Without SBW you lost quite a few games. Fact is PLAYMAKERS win matches. Whilst you can replace them they are never as good. And it is not as if we have lost just ONE player..Lockyer, Hodges(for a period), Hunt, Ennis, Tate, Stagg..That is the 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7. That is most of the damn backline. Then you add we have lost the Australian/QLD reserve hooker/utility. Every team would struggle. It is a credit that we haven't go thrashed yet!

IMO your club has the greatest depth in the NRL.
I fully understand that injuries have been a curse on your club this yr.
But in saying that, I noticed Broncos fan's calling your season over when Lockyer was injured. Have we no faith. Your team was still made up of superstars / rep players at this stage of the yr (when locky was injured ). HENCE ARE YOU SAYING YOU ARE A ONE MAN TEAM???

Looking at the Dogs home run...we must play Broncos and Storm.
Even with your teams current injury list I still think that the Broncos are a greater threat to the Dogs then the Storm game. Broncos seem to play some great football when they play the Dogs. So my point is, if I can still have faith in your team...how can a Bronco's fan not have faith..or are you saying your a one man team?????

What will the BRONCOS FANS DO when Lockyer retires????

lockyno1

Post Whore
Firstly when Lockyer retires we will have Wallace in the halves so that is hardly a fair comparison at teh moment we have Perry FFS. I honestly believe that we could have coped with Lockyer's injury, but having Berrigan get injured on top of Lockyer's will be difficult to say the least as he offers a lot of creative spark out of dummy half. I never said our season was over after Lockyer got injured, I said it would be hard but if we picked the right side we would be a chance. I am actually confident of beating the Dogs to be honest, that will be our one game that we should win.

ShineDog

Juniors
Good luck to the Broncos...would love to see them in the Top 8 at yr's end.
But not at the expense of the DOGS!!!!

Mt top 8 (not in order) Dogs, Storm, Sea Eagles, Tigers, Eels , Cowboys , Broncos and Warriors.......there will be some teams oh so close but will just miss out.....(Dragons, Titans, Roosters, Raiders, Rabbits).

ShineDog

Juniors

Mt top 8 (not in order) Dogs, Storm, Sea Eagles, Tigers, Eels , Cowboys , Broncos and Warriors.......there will be some teams oh so close but will just miss out.....(Dragons, Titans, Roosters, Raiders, Rabbits).

ShineDog

Juniors

My top 8 (not in order) Dogs, Storm, Sea Eagles, Tigers, Eels , Cowboys , Broncos and Warriors.......there will be some teams oh so close but will just miss out.....(Dragons, Titans, Roosters, Raiders, Rabbits).

lockyno1

Post Whore
Dogs better pull their finger out soon, as they hardly have a easy run either and without Mason they are up against it, and I still feel that Roberts despite being flashy is a weakness at 6 (I would have him off the bench, Holdsworth starts at 6). O'Meley should help a bit this week. The best thing that happened to the Dogs is controversy- they always win under controversy.

lockyrulz

Juniors
I think we were still an outside chance when locky was ruled out.

But Berrigan was really the last man standing as far as organisation goes for the Broncos, so yes, its all over for them for 07 now.

Without Berrigan I cant seem them winning another game tbh. They will miss Hannant a lot too, he has been great this year.

Dutchy

Immortal
lockyno1 said:
Same as most teams mate. Take the main player out of any side and they struggle. Take SBW out of your side..

Who would you take out of ours and make us struggle?

Same for Melbourne?

lockyrulz

Juniors
ShineDog said:
IMO your club has the greatest depth in the NRL.
I fully understand that injuries have been a curse on your club this yr.
But in saying that, I noticed Broncos fan's calling your season over when Lockyer was injured. Have we no faith. Your team was still made up of superstars / rep players at this stage of the yr (when locky was injured ). HENCE ARE YOU SAYING YOU ARE A ONE MAN TEAM???

Looking at the Dogs home run...we must play Broncos and Storm.
Even with your teams current injury list I still think that the Broncos are a greater threat to the Dogs then the Storm game. Broncos seem to play some great football when they play the Dogs. So my point is, if I can still have faith in your team...how can a Bronco's fan not have faith..or are you saying your a one man team?????

What will the BRONCOS FANS DO when Lockyer retires????

You are right, the broncos are not a one man band.

They have plenty of good players, and have won without Lockyer in the past, but at the moment, every single organising player is now out injured.

No team, none, can lose both their halfs, hooker, and fullback and win the comp. Its that simple. And thats not even considering the injuries to Tate, Hannant, Carroll and Stagg.

parra pete

Referee
Three things my late dad taught me...Don't knock champions, don't run up stairs, and never play cards with anyone called "Doc".

Eelementary

Post Whore
With the pack that the Broncos have, give them a decent set of halves and they're still a major threat. Hell, you could put Hunt and Perry in the halves with Hodges at fullback and with the power up front they have they'd still be dangerous.

lockyno1

Post Whore
That is the way I would go Eele, but Bennett won't. I would put McConnell at 7, Perry has had his one good game of the year, he never has two great games!

Eelementary

Post Whore
But as long as the Broncos can field a side with at least one creative player, they will be OK. Their pack is tremendous, they have some damaging backs...And a coach who knows a thing or two. Gone? Not by a long shot.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I recon we will do ok and make the 8, and it depends who we get first round. I actually wouldn't mind getting Manly first round at Brookie as long as Hunt is back by then as well as Hannant.

Latest posts