What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos Recruitment

jakepearce94

Juniors
All signs right now are pointing to this Cooper rumor. Ugh, really? Were going to gamble on that yob??
i hope so, would bring crowds, and he would get along with the other kiwi boys, glenn, hoffman and co.
what are the odds we will soon see Broncos offer Brett Seymour League lifeline? Just been released and fits the current bring back over the hill former players stand the club has.
wouldn't surprise me, he isn't the worst option either.

Widdop wasn''t the star playmaker we need. He would have been a handy get but it was not to be.
widdop at the back would have been awesome ! chiming in to those second man plays would have been great to watch. but yeah everything happens for a reason. we mustn't have pursued him that hard if he went to the dragons over his favourite club

jakepearce94

Juniors
I'm not disappointed we didn't sign Widdop. Is there a bigger candidate for the category of "player who looks better than he is because he's surrounded by other good players"?

Widdop may turn out to be a very good player but he's proved very little so far down in Melbourne.
he played fullback without them in nyc and absolutely carved up ! so i believe he can do it, just will need a bit of fine tuning. i hope he plays fullback again at some time in his career.

beads6

First Grade
Somone told me Moses Mbye was with the Broncos at one stage. Not sure if it is true though.

unbreaK

Juniors
I've seen a lot of names thrown around in this thread, but I'm yet to see Zach Strasser, what do you guys think of him? I went to school with him at Wavell, pretty nice guy and a bit of a gun from what I've seen of the Dolphins games.

jakepearce94

Juniors
I've seen a lot of names thrown around in this thread, but I'm yet to see Zach Strasser, what do you guys think of him? I went to school with him at Wavell, pretty nice guy and a bit of a gun from what I've seen of the Dolphins games.
yeah i like the look of him, he seems to give 100% every game, has consistently been one of the best dolphins every week i've heard.

beads6

First Grade

He is just up the Broncos alley. They love to recruit Redcliffe players from QLD cup

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
yeah i like the look of him, he seems to give 100% every game, has consistently been one of the best dolphins every week i've heard.

He had a good game on the weekend, made a couple of nice line breaks and set up a couple of tries. Unfortunately it's difficult to tell if he can go the next level; Capewell also tears it up at that level.

I think players need to prove that they are completely dominant at that level to show they are ready for NRL. See for instance the recent performances by Taylor, Taumololo and Fai Fai Loa.

I think he is definitely one to keep an eye out on though. Inviting them to pre-season training never hurts.

Mr Fourex

Bench
I think players need to prove that they are completely dominant at that level to show they are ready for NRL. See for instance the recent performances by Taylor, Taumololo and Fai Fai Loa.

Good point GTB ........it's fairly clear just how much these players are at another level when you see them dropping back to the Q Cup.

Having "good" games ......giving "100%" just doesn't cut in the NRL.

isaiah

Bench
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...hnathan-thurston/story-e6frepbx-1226624754343

How did the Broncs not pick up this kid? Born in Brisbane and scouted playing in Roma, home of Darren Lockyer!

Talented half, exactly what the Broncs need.

from noosa, playing a schoolboys carnival at roma. probably representing sunny coast. broncs have kodi nikorima and cameron cullen in that age group and a younger 7 from darling downs named ashley taylor. taylor scored 2 tries and set up another in the last nyc game v cowboys and the week before scored 3 and set up a 4th in another win over gold coast.

AceAv

Juniors
What about Copley!?!? Griffins little alter boy isnt going to lose his wing spot too easily!?

Kiwi

First Grade
Copely had improved a lot before injury, and was pretty good, We would certainly be a far better side with him in it.

TheMightyBroncs

Juniors
Great read guys, just came across the forum. Heard some rumors today that Barba will come to the Broncos even though talk is he won't - talk kasiano and Pritchard have told hasler him or them. Interesting that big Sam hasn't played this year, and one from left field - talk Jarrod Waerea Hargreaves has signed on the quiet with Brisbane next year as well.

Anyone heard the JWH rumour?