What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos Recruitment

jakepearce94

Juniors
Copely had improved a lot before injury, and was pretty good, We would certainly be a far better side with him in it.
as long as it didn't push hoffman to fullback. if griffin had his head screwed on it would be a straight swap for maranta

Great read guys, just came across the forum. Heard some rumors today that Barba will come to the Broncos even though talk is he won't - talk kasiano and Pritchard have told hasler him or them. Interesting that big Sam hasn't played this year, and one from left field - talk Jarrod Waerea Hargreaves has signed on the quiet with Brisbane next year as well.

Anyone heard the JWH rumour?
haven't heard that rumour yet, but they would be two massive signings, waerea hargreaves has been carving up this year. his offloads would help us a lot !

unbreaK

Juniors
Revelling in his place amongst the NRL’s top tryscorers in 2013, Brisbane winger Josh Hoffman says he is more than happy to bide his time out wide… but not for the long haul.
Expected to fill the Broncos’ No.1 jersey this year, Hoffman was stunned to learn just before season kick-off that he had been shunted to the wing instead to cover for a lack of depth on the wing, with youngster Corey Norman preferred for the fullback role.

A five-eighth for much of his junior footballing days, Hoffman’s long-term goal is to have a crack at Brisbane’s No.6 jersey although the presence of Scott Prince for at least one more season after 2013 means he might have to put those plans on hold.

Not so fullback, with Hoffman eyeing a return to the back once Norman leaves the Broncos for Parramatta at the end of the year.

Source: http://www.nrl.com/hoffman-still-eyes-no.1-jersey/tabid/10874/newsid/72029/default.aspx

Looks like it sounds like Hoffman is still pretty keen for the Fullback spot.. not sure how he'd go at the 6.

some11

Referee
FFS Hoffman you can't create, how many video sessions of him butchering opportunites will it take for him to realise this.

DeeJ

Bench
FFS Hoffman you can't create, how many video sessions of him butchering opportunites will it take for him to realise this.

Maybe someone needs to compile a youtube vid of these stuff ups and send one to Hoffman and Griffin so they get the point.

Reidy87

Juniors
I think centre would be Josh's best position. He has had some cracking games at FB but lost his way and showed his playmaking deficiency.

5/8? Keep dreaming bro, even a running half like Sutton has to pass and kick.

unbreaK

Juniors
Now that the Dragons have signed Josh Dugan and Dylan Farrell it's looking increasingly likely that there will barely be room for Beale.. He'll be fighting Farrell, Cooper, Vidot, Stanley for the starting Centre spots, not sure whether he makes the starting team, if he's even back by Round 1 next season...

Would we want him back?.. Knowing Hook he'd walk right into the open Fullback position if we do

1. Beale
2. Yow Yeh
3. Hodges
4. Reed
5. Hoffman

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Now that the Dragons have signed Josh Dugan and Dylan Farrell it's looking increasingly likely that there will barely be room for Beale.. He'll be fighting Farrell, Cooper, Vidot, Stanley for the starting Centre spots, not sure whether he makes the starting team, if he's even back by Round 1 next season...

Would we want him back?.. Knowing Hook he'd walk right into the open Fullback position if we do

1. Beale
2. Yow Yeh
3. Hodges
4. Reed
5. Hoffman

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Uhhhh, no. Thanks but no. Beale is probably the most average player Brisbane have produced from grassroots level in quite a while.

beads6

First Grade
No way should we be taking Beale back. Coming off a knee reconstruction it would be a step back. Time to move on and find a genuine superstar fullback,.

some11

Referee
Beale: "I want to play fullback" - signs with the Dragons, does his ACL and will be lucky get a look in next year with the players they've signed.

Norman: "I want to play 5/8" - signs with the Eels, enough said.

Hoffman: "I want to play fullback" - what's the bet he leaves too when we sign a fullback or play Kahu there next year.

These blokes are after their own personal goals.

Last edited:

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Beale: "I want to play fullback" - signs with the Dragons, does his ACL and will be lucky get a look in next year with the players they've signed.

Norman: "I want to play 5/8" - signs with the Eels, enough said.

Hoffman: "I want to play fullback" - what's the bet he leaves too when we sign a fullback or play Kahu there next year.

These blokes are after their own personal goals.

Is there any other club in recent times that have had more players than the broncos having a sook about playing out of position.

The only one I can sympaphise with is hunt having Wallace the Nuffie ahead of him.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Take this with a grain of salt, but I'm hearing from my source close to Red Hill that Kearney is using his connections to the NZ test team to try and lure Kevin Locke, Shaun Johnson and Feliti Mateo to Brisbane when they're off contract.

I cannot confirm the validity of this, but my source has been pretty good. They correctly called us chasing G.I before we f**ked it up, so take that how you will. Just humoring the chance that this is true, I like the sound of Shaun Johnson, but Locke and Mateo? Ehhhhhh. Not exactly setting the world on fire at the moment.

Last edited:

beads6

First Grade
Talk of Kahu signing with the Sharks according to Buzz Rothfield. I highly doubt this would happen.

Bretto

Bench
Johnson and Locke - Yes please.

Mateo - No thanks.

We need speed. They don't come much faster than Shaun Johnson and Kevin Locke (except maybe Kevin Gordon). That try Johnson scored on us last year I think it was? Where he ran 60 meters and beat like 5 players all with footwork, is still one of the best solo tries I've ever seen.

Johnson #7, Hunt #6.

Locke could play Fullback I guess? Hoffman is making a good fist of wing.