What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos Recruitment

Boy

Juniors
not a fan of josh reynolds
im starting to wonder what ben hunt has to do in order to get that spot
does someone just wanna go knee cap wallace???

AceAv

Juniors
Reynolds is pretty good. His brother is showing much more talent, but they both have a lot of skill.

Im just glad we didnt sign Soward...

My prediction is they will find a way to get hunt in the squad or just sign him as a utility for 1 more year before naming him as Prince's successor.

Kiwi

First Grade
f**k this club is giving me the shits right now, doing very little to keep our promising players, and signing no one in the process, Do White and Griffin get to split left over cap money?

Kiwi

First Grade
Surely with all of Brisbane to pick from you can get a decent half? Why go looking elsewhere?

and if you honestly believe that i have the sydney harbour bridge I'm willing to sell you for a small fee of a million dollars, you can stick a toll on it to recoup the money

Kiwi

First Grade
Hunt has no bargaining power.

Yes he does, there is barely any halves on the market, Carney, Hunt and then? Hell wouldn't be surprised if the Storm now made a play for Hunt to partner Cronk.

Chainshada

Juniors
Todd Carney
Daniel Mortimer - Hell No
Ben Roberts - Hell No
Nathan Fien - Hell No
Brett Finch - Hell No
Wifebeater Lui - Hell No
Trent Hodkinson
Ben Hunt
Sam Williams

Broncos, Raiders, Sharks will be hunting for 1 of those players, Dragons have a promising half coming through, Storm can usually manufacture one, but they might also look to buy.

whykickamoocow

Juniors
According to an article in a Sunny Coast rag Quade Cooper was left out of the Wallabies camp because he'll be a Bronco next year. Haven't read the article myself just been told about it. Person who told me this has been known to speek a lot of bullshit which this probably is but has anyone else heard this rumour or read the article.

Last edited:

DeeJ

Bench
Yes he does, there is barely any halves on the market, Carney, Hunt and then? Hell wouldn't be surprised if the Storm now made a play for Hunt to partner Cronk.

Woah I can actually see him fitting in down there, he has the qualities Bellamy looks for. Hopefully they aren't scouting him.

Hench

Juniors
Anyone have a list of halves off-contract for 2015.

Worst case scenario we have Prince/Wallace for another year.

Morkel

Juniors
I don't know what all the freaking out is about. If we lose Hunt then it might be a different story, but I'd rather recruit nobody than recruit someone who's a poor fit and/or useless.

At the moment we're benefiting from a decent wave of youngsters hitting their straps. 2010 in particular was a tough year, what with our run of injuries and the subsequent blooding of a lot of young players, but right now we're in a position that we don't need to do any panic signings, just trust that the natural development of our players continues as it should.

I remember thinking at the time, say, the Tigers game that year where we were in front all game but lost it in the dying seconds, that it'll be good long term for the young players to feel that hurt. To have one solitary moment in a game that costs us a win, that in turn costs us the season. It's that stuff that either makes or breaks players, and I feel that the last couple of games we're starting to see that attitude where every play matters. They summed it up well the other day when they said that they are simply 'refusing to lose'. They still have to back that up with results but it's a far better attitude than Sticky's 'it's everyone's fault but mine'.

Unless we're hit with some really bad injuries to key players, panicking and buying a sub-par playmaker now would be foolish. We shouldn't need one until 2015 anyway, and who knows who the form players will be then?

On top of that, if there are negotiations going on, they're probably better off being behind the scenes anyway. The last thing we need is to have every failed negotiation played out in the media, missing this one, missing that one, unless it's iron clad there's nothing to gain from letting everyone know who our targets are.

broncos2010

Juniors
Seriously what is our recruitment doing?????

We have just pretty much let every target slip away, soon we will be looking to sign Lui as he will be the only one the market.

Who we going to replace Norman with?

So much free cap but we are not even spending it.