What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos Recruitment

beads6

First Grade
tumblr_m13luvDrvp1qbw0gqo1_500.gif

unbreaK

Juniors
Clicking that link simply takes me to a "selection headaches" article on the Broncos. No quote from Parker about Wallace....

The media completely changed the article, almost as if Parker thought about his guarantee and thought "maybe I shouldn't have guaranteed that", who knows but with the media.

AceAv

Juniors
NRL.com does that a lot

Reading the original article about Wallace, I should have known better. Nothing was confirmed verbally by anyone, just shit like "The deal is expected to be finalised later this week" And "It's believed Broncos won't stand in his way." Those soft words that neither confirm nor deny, but still manage to convince the reader the total BS the writer is trying to spin...

f**k u courier-troll-mail lol

The media completely changed the article, almost as if Parker thought about his guarantee and thought "maybe I shouldn't have guaranteed that", who knows but with the media.

Exactly. Maybe Wal gave him a tap on the shoulder and said "Been meaning to talk to you about something champ...."

Jason Simmons

Juniors
Why wouldn't Wallace or his Manager rule it out then? Why leave it to Parker, someone who has NO involvement whatsoever in Broncos contract negotiations, outside of his own?

True, it could be Wallace's tactic to get an upgraded Broncos contract, given the money they MUST have available under the cap, but if so it's a pretty shoddy tactic and some bad business from the Broncs if they entertain it...

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
If Wallace is staying I must find my toys as quickly as possible and throw them as far as I can out of my cot!

gUt

Coach
Be careful what you wish for. Those of you who lay all our problems at the feet of Wallace will be in for a rude shock when he leaves.

Since Locky left we never found the right halves partner to complement what Wallace brings, which is a good long kicking game for field position, good defence and good organising. He needed a fast, skillful linkman such as what Corey Norman will be one day and what K. Hunt would have been by now.

Ben Hunt should have been given more opportunities to play outside Wallace.

beads6

First Grade
Wallace was ordinary most of the time even when partnered by Lockyer. He is a solid halfback who would make a better hooker IMO. I'll be glad if he goes. He doesn't have a creative bone in his body.

Dazzat

First Grade
The timing of the "news" of Wallace and Cooper gives it away. A small morsel released on Sunday night with Twitter feeds suggesting that the "full story" will be available in Monday's CM.

What does that tell you. A great boost for newspaper sales on Monday morning and an incremental increase for the rest of the week as the rumours are denied or otherwise.

It seems like a rumour rat to me (in hindsight as I was taken hook line and sinker myself).

AceAv

Juniors
Since Locky left we never found the right halves partner to complement what Wallace brings, which is a good long kicking game for field position, good defence and good organising. He needed a fast, skillful linkman such as what Corey Norman will be one day and what K. Hunt would have been by now.

Oh god, just when I couldnt get any sadder you open my 'K-Hunt Wound' :crazy:

gUt

Coach
Yeah let's not lose sight of the real reason we're scrabbling around looking for a proper captain and an on-field leader. Someone chased his ego and a payday all the way to losertown.

jezza912

Juniors
twitter dot com /RLW_Mole/status/336946864098271232

EXCLUSIVE in @LeagueWeek today - Daly Cherry-Evans linked to @brisbanebroncos because @manlyseaeagles allegedly have breached his contract

More media BS?

blaza88z

Coach
we're going to be linked to every Tom, Dick and Harry over the next few weeks because of 1 reason, we are cashed up and the media know it

it happened to St George before they signed a bunch and now it's gonna happen to us

gUt

Coach
DCE would be an amazing signing. He's a bloke you can build a team around for sure.