What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos Recruitment

Dazzat

First Grade
Would be happy with Shillington coming to the club. Totally agree with Thaiday and Maguire to the back row.

bronco_buddy

Juniors
He'll be either at the Roosters or in rugby. Cooper can get f*cked. I don't want him anywhere near the Broncs and if our strict disciplinary approach has ANY value whatsoever, then they shouldn't ever even approach Cooper, after what he has done in the past and who we've rejected in the past for disciplinary reasons.

SBW is a backrower. Why you'd put him in the centres is beyond me, plus Reed and Hoffman are the one combination we currently have that is actually working. Why would we want to break it up?

We'd be FAR better off leaving it where it is and finding a fullback...

I wasn't talking about signing Cooper as well, I just said that with Quade living in Brisbane it may be a factor that would help sign him, as for him not being a centre didn't he win a World Cup with the All Blacks playing in the centres? And I know they are different games but the guys an athlete and his form in the NRL this season warrants serious consideration.

Maroon4life

Juniors
Signing shillington is like signing civo. We pick up a bloke at the death of his career to fill in for now.

This only stalls real growth and will ultimately leave us looking for new players at the end of their career in 2 years time because the club was too lazy to do some decent signing and developing younger players to deliver for the next 10 years ala webcke & petero.

We were gearing up for a dry patch 3 years ago when we were facing retirements from key players & most fans accepted it. The club has done nothing in that time and here we are accepting that success is years away still.

beads6

First Grade
Chris Garry ‏@chrisgarry1 1h
The Broncos have also doubled up on Tasi's. Signing Lama's young brother Tasi Tasi. He's a gun 18-year-old winger playing QCup for Ipswich

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
He must be pretty good given he is playing QLD cup at 18???? Just guessing...

The Ipswich team just got a bit more exciting re: Broncos, with the two Tasi's!!

Dazzat

First Grade
Signing shillington is like signing civo. We pick up a bloke at the death of his career to fill in for now.

This only stalls real growth and will ultimately leave us looking for new players at the end of their career in 2 years time because the club was too lazy to do some decent signing and developing younger players to deliver for the next 10 years ala webcke & petero.

We were gearing up for a dry patch 3 years ago when we were facing retirements from key players & most fans accepted it. The club has done nothing in that time and here we are accepting that success is years away still.

Shillington's signing will balance the signing of Tasi, who is 24 I believe.

DeeJ

Bench
Barba is too good to be true. I doubt we get him, just because we don't recruit that king of player.

Pierced Soul

First Grade

Latest posts