What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos Recruitment

beads6

First Grade
We've got a lot of signings to make to fill up our top 25. It is over 10 at least I believe. Will be interesting to see who makes the cut from our current squad and under 20's list.

Packy

Bench
He is reported to be moving to be closer to his kids. The kids live in Brisbane. Cowland is no closer than Sydney.

I believe that Red Hill is a lot closer to his Missus and kids than Townsville as well.

I've been hearing the done deal rumours with you guys for months. It's only recently that the Cowboys have even come up and even then, I think they just put some feelers out because they knew that Bowen was on his last legs.

AceAv

Juniors
Wow -I guess that answers my question.

He is an incredible talent. Hope we can secure a signature though, I could just see another Inglis with this one

unbreaK

Juniors
If it is a "done deal", I wonder when the announcement will come, I assume after the season finishes

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
That's bad news for us then. Matt Bowen is more then likely gone after this season.

Cowboys will have to shed a player to match our offer to Barba though.

Yep, even if Bowen leaves I still can't see the Cowboys being able to afford the money Barba will command on the open market. They just re-signed Scott, Tamou and Thurston and all would have been significant upgrades.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Got this text message from my source close to Red Hill (this almost never happens. I usually have to inquire to them):

"Hey ***** I figured you would want to hear about this. Barba is a done deal. 1 million over 4 years. I'm hearing that Bulldogs are furious because they haven't got Folau yet. Regardless Barba will be a Bronco next year. Good news aye :D Keep an eye on the headlines over the next few days."

About f**king time we made a major move. Now we just need a Halves pairing worth shit.

Kiwi

First Grade
If Barba signs and we get Shillington, you'd think Cam Smith would certainly be stronger odds to move to Brisbane. I'd take Cam Smith for three years before he retires in a heart beat. Barba and Shillington delivering us Smith might not be out of the question.

unbreaK

Juniors
It honestly depends on how much Shillington wants per year, if he still thinks he's a superstar and wants 500k+ we won't be signing him, but if it's closer to 350k (Roughly what the likes of Thaiday and co. are on), he's a chance.

Packy

Bench
1 million over 4 years? he is on more than that now. If he goes he goes with the Dogs consent as he is still under contract.

While the subject may still be true (or may not be) that text is made up.

Dazzat

First Grade
I think you guys misinterpreted his text message, it's $4m over 4 years, $1m a year.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the best players in the game (Thurston, Slater, Hayne, Inglis) all on between $400,000 and $600,000?

Is the club sweating on the marquee player system currently being floated?

Smiley

Bench
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the best players in the game (Thurston, Slater, Hayne, Inglis) all on between $400,000 and $600,000?

Is the club sweating on the marquee player system currently being floated?

Salary Cap increased.

The best players are getting upwards of 1 million plus now. At least the ones that recently re-signed.

Penrith are going to pay Soward around 800k.

Latest posts