What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos Recruitment

Dazzat

First Grade
It's not the quality Pete. It's the intent.

Every team needs back up players as well, and it appears that we are merely relying on the Intrust Super Cup for our back-up plan. Even then, we lost someone like Capewell, who despite people knocking him, was performing very well for Redcliffe.

The wing position is a good example. We lose Copely for the season, and have been stuck with Maranta. Junior Sau would definitely be a better 3/4 than Maranta (possibly not a winger though).

The other position is prop. We have three decent props in Hannant, Hala and Maguire, but then it drops off drastically to Anderson, Lui and Wallace.

No back-up.

If the club is looking for that "big" signing only, then we're missing the mark. We need a solid squad of around 24-26 players.

Big Pete

Referee
I don't disagree with your general philosophy. I just don't agree with signing those two specific players.

Dazzat

First Grade
Just wondering if we're letting some pretty decent fish go while we're looking for a marlin.

isaiah

Bench
It is very depressing at the moment. Our under 20's team doesn't seem to have any genuine stars in the squad and our current squad is lacking as well yet we aren't keen to make our squad better.

disagree with the 20's bit of this. i think, like every year, there are 4 or 5 that should become nrl regulars eventually. also, i thought i heard wally lewis on the 9 news say that widdop was coming to the broncs next year?

Kiwi

First Grade
disagree with the 20's bit of this. i think, like every year, there are 4 or 5 that should become nrl regulars eventually. also, i thought i heard wally lewis on the 9 news say that widdop was coming to the broncs next year?

Might be a little bit hard for widdop to come to the broncos after signing with the dragons

beads6

First Grade

We've got plenty of NRL regular types already. What we really need is some stars coming out of that 20's side.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Pretty sure we just signed Lama Tasi from the Roosters.

Is that effective immediately?

I would much prefer it be Dylan Napa or Kane Evans (btw, was has happened to that guy?), but I guess it's better than nothing, especially if it's immediate.

bfoord

Juniors
Is that effective immediately?

I would much prefer it be Dylan Napa or Kane Evans (btw, was has happened to that guy?), but I guess it's better than nothing, especially if it's immediate.

Tasi has been granted an immediate release from the Roosters

bfoord

Juniors
Chris Garry has said on twitter that Tasi ---> Broncos is official for the remainder of 2013 season

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Just heard this confirmed on Triple M. Who is Tasi and why should I care? I've heard his name thrown around before but never seen him in action for the Rorters.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
He's big, he's young, he runs hard, he hits hard.. Enough said.

Sounds good to me. We need as much power up front as possible. Start Hala and have Tasi come off the bench or other way around? OR Send Thaiday back to the Second Row f**king finally.

unbreaK

Juniors
Sounds good to me. We need as much power up front as possible. Start Hala and have Tasi come off the bench or other way around? OR Send Thaiday back to the Second Row f**king finally.

1. Corey Norman
2. Jordan Kahu
3. Justin Hodges
4. Jack Reed
5. Josh Hoffman
6. Scott Prince
7. Peter Wallace
8. Ben Hannant
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Josh McGuire
11. Matt Gillett
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

14. Ben Hunt
15. Alex Glenn
16. Lama Tasi
17. David Hala

For mine.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
1. Corey Norman
2. Jordan Kahu
3. Justin Hodges
4. Jack Reed
5. Josh Hoffman
6. Scott Prince
7. Peter Wallace
8. Ben Hannant
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Josh McGuire
11. Matt Gillett
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

14. Ben Hunt
15. Alex Glenn
16. Lama Tasi
17. David Hala

For mine.

Sensible enough. Now watch Griffin send him to QLD cup for a couple of weeks to test him out.

AceAv

Juniors
a couple of weeks!?

Try the rest of the season with a short lived debut when 3+ front rowers are out.

Griff if your reading this NAME UNBREAKS SIDE IMMEDIATLEY