What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos Recruitment

Skreepe

Juniors
He is a good player.

His best attribute is his engine which was never tested out at the Roosters. Great signing.

Dazzat

First Grade
Sounds good to me. We need as much power up front as possible. Start Hala and have Tasi come off the bench or other way around? OR Send Thaiday back to the Second Row f**king finally.

The sooner this happens the better. As Sam demonstrated on Wednesday night - his position is second row.

On another note ... I also saw a rumour of the club signing Cheyse Blair from the Eels. Any truth to that? He would be a good backup in the centres - and maybe even a long term proposition after Hodges retires.

He grew upon in Tweed Heads - so almost a Queenslander.

Coz87

Juniors
1. Corey Norman
2. Jordan Kahu
3. Justin Hodges
4. Jack Reed
5. Josh Hoffman
6. Scott Prince
7. Peter Wallace
8. Ben Hannant
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Josh McGuire
11. Matt Gillett
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

14. Ben Hunt
15. Alex Glenn
16. Lama Tasi
17. David Hala

For mine.

I would put josh McGuire in the second row and place Tasi starting ,Gillette on the bench. The only problem is having two second rowers on the bench so I would drop Hunt and put in another forward like Wallace or Lui on the bench

unbreaK

Juniors
The sooner this happens the better. As Sam demonstrated on Wednesday night - his position is second row.

On another note ... I also saw a rumour of the club signing Cheyse Blair from the Eels. Any truth to that? He would be a good backup in the centres - and maybe even a long term proposition after Hodges retires.

He grew upon in Tweed Heads - so almost a Queenslander.

No, the rumour was scrapped a couple of hours after it was released.

Big Pete

Referee
Cheyse Blair supposedly suffered a major injury playing for Wentworthville and might be out for the rest of the season. I believe this explains why the Broncos baulked at signing him. Purely speculating, but we may still sign him for 2014.

He's a decent prospect. Change of scenery may do him the world of good.

Dazzat

First Grade
Cheyse Blair supposedly suffered a major injury playing for Wentworthville and might be out for the rest of the season. I believe this explains why the Broncos baulked at signing him. Purely speculating, but we may still sign him for 2014.

He's a decent prospect. Change of scenery may do him the world of good.

I've seen him play a few times. Looked a prospect - big and mobile.

We don't have too many quality back-up 3/4s at present, so I'd be glad if we signed him.

In fact ... I'd be glad if we signed anyone.

bronco_buddy

Juniors
What's SBW's availability for 2014?? What do fans think of him being pursued by the Broncos if available?? He's good mates with Brissy boy Q. Cooper, that may be a draw card. Sorry if this has already been discussed in this thread I couldn't be arsed reading back through the 30+ pages to find out.
As to where to play him, I'd put him into the centres, put Reed back onto the wing and move Hoffman to fullback

Jason Simmons

Juniors
What's SBW's availability for 2014?? What do fans think of him being pursued by the Broncos if available?? He's good mates with Brissy boy Q. Cooper, that may be a draw card. Sorry if this has already been discussed in this thread I couldn't be arsed reading back through the 30+ pages to find out.
As to where to play him, I'd put him into the centres, put Reed back onto the wing and move Hoffman to fullback

He'll be either at the Roosters or in rugby. Cooper can get f*cked. I don't want him anywhere near the Broncs and if our strict disciplinary approach has ANY value whatsoever, then they shouldn't ever even approach Cooper, after what he has done in the past and who we've rejected in the past for disciplinary reasons.

SBW is a backrower. Why you'd put him in the centres is beyond me, plus Reed and Hoffman are the one combination we currently have that is actually working. Why would we want to break it up?

We'd be FAR better off leaving it where it is and finding a fullback...

DeeJ

Bench
Shillington wouldn't be bad if we got him for cheap. He could be like Shane Tronc for us. At least he has the size that we lack.

AceAv

Juniors
It's getting to the point where they can guarantee that they can up their ratings and interest by making up some speculation about a "player coming onto our radar"

The description is so vague and geniused, it's not even worth glancing at..

Tasi signing was such a difference, it was just; here's the facts, here's the confirmation. BAM he's signed..

Sorry to rant, just so over the fgtmedia and these stories, it's almost like they are taunting us..

Kiwi

First Grade
Happy to sign Shillington. If we can keep Lasi suddenly our front row looks pretty decent. I reckon McGuire should be shifted to the backrow with Thaiday.

8 - Hannant
9 - McCullough
10 - Shillington
11 - Glenn
12 - Thaiday
13 - Parker

14 - Lasi
!5 - McGuire
16 - Gillett

Very happy with that rotation. Give Hala another year or two to develop, then slot him into the side when Parker and or Shillington retires