What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos Recruitment

DeeJ

Bench
Terrible way to gain a player but from someone who has moved away from home with aging parents, it's a better feeling to be closer to them.

AceAv

Juniors
Bad situation I agree. Hope his dad makes a full recovery..

So lets say Raiders cave and release him. Does he sign a 1 year deal with Broncos and once family life settles goes back to Canberra? -I guess it depends on the health of his family, but I would expect YES.

Otherwise Gaydar69 would be back with his ironic posts about poor club mentality "sweating on his families health"...

icewind

Juniors
I wouldn't be so sure about that considering how the Raiders have handled this. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for his health to improve enough to allow travel. Heart conditions don't just go away unfortunately.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Word is the bulldogs have signed evander cummins from the dragons. So that may be the biggest pointer yet that we are looking at life without Barba.

Snappy

Coach
“We acknowledge that we received the request from Anthony’s manager for a release from his
current contract and out of respect for Anthony and his family we will wait until the season is over before discussing his future at the club,” Furner said.

If they had any respect for 'Anthony and his family' they would sign the release immediately.

icewind

Juniors
anthony: I really need to be with my Dad

Furner: I respect you Anthony *snicker snicker*, so we'll wait til the end of the season before trying to legally f**k you over,

anthony: wtf?

Furner: oops i meant to say before discussing your future with us. easy mistake to make.

Russellk

Juniors
Milford at the Broncos looks promising and fingers crossed it happens. If we get Milford I hope we pass on Barba as they are both the same player and Barba has too many issues. Lock down Milford then find a good 6 to partner Ben Hunt. Hoffman back to the wing, he may not like but he is our best winger by miles.

Coz87

Juniors
If they had any respect for 'Anthony and his family' they would sign the release immediately.

The raiders don't need to give him a release if they don't want. Football is a business if it was so bad y did Milford sign a new 2yr deal just late last year. The raider have had him in the system for 7yrs and everyone thinks the raiders should just let him go. From the newspapers he's dad has got no worse or better since about 2 years. For the raiders sake heis there future an they deserve to keep him. Will be a great player and we should have signed him a long time ago like DCE. He was there under 20 captain. I would love to see someone try to get Glenn e erroneously be crying murder.

bfoord

Juniors
The raiders don't need to give him a release if they don't want. Football is a business if it was so bad y did Milford sign a new 2yr deal just late last year. The raider have had him in the system for 7yrs and everyone thinks the raiders should just let him go. From the newspapers he's dad has got no worse or better since about 2 years. For the raiders sake heis there future an they deserve to keep him. Will be a great player and we should have signed him a long time ago like DCE. He was there under 20 captain. I would love to see someone try to get Glenn e erroneously be crying murder.

The Raiders may not have a choice but to release him. Depends on the wording of the get out clause. His manager is pretty confident that the Raiders wont be able to stop him leaving.

Coz87

Juniors
I think it is a bit of a gee up. I just don't see how in 6 months he can use that. We had a chance to chase him at the end of last year and we didn't, the Broncos finally realise holy crap he can play and now want him but has a two year deal.he's manager must really like he's players coz feelings like that just don't come all of a sudden

Bretto

Bench
I think it is a bit of a gee up. I just don't see how in 6 months he can use that. We had a chance to chase him at the end of last year and we didn't, the Broncos finally realise holy crap he can play and now want him but has a two year deal.he's manager must really like he's players coz feelings like that just don't come all of a sudden

he's coz duz it in da den dun do.

Ghoulies

Bench
Your comment, "feelings like that just don't come all of a sudden", is informed by what exactly?

Your knowledge of the Milford family? Your understanding of the psyche of a 19 year old raised in a very close polynesian family? Some sort of background in psychology?

Also, all of a sudden implies that this situation hasn't potentially been brewing for a while now. All we have to go on our media reports that starting coming out a few weeks ago and the word of Milford's player agent that the topic was raised with the Raiders over a month ago now.

DeeJ

Bench
De$ denies Barba has asked for a release too, so we may have nothing next year..

No different to any other year then. At least we have more hope with Hunt in 7 and Hodges could get the fulltime fullback gig if his body permits.

Dazzat

First Grade
There's a bit of a trend emerging with the Broncos recruitment strategy.

Very cunning ploy really.

We hope that the players we miss either get home sick or want to reunite with family in Brisbane. It's a strategy that's not proving that effective as yet, but I'm sure Andrew Gee has worked long on hard in coming up with this.

AceAv

Juniors
I think this is ultimately what Brisbane has going for it. You grow up in the sunny city and it's where you call home and eventually when you leave for bigger career prospects like we did 5 years ago; in the back of your mind you know one day you'll come home and settle back in to where it all began.

gUt

Coach
There's a bit of a trend emerging with the Broncos recruitment strategy.

Very cunning ploy really.

We hope that the players we miss either get home sick or want to reunite with family in Brisbane. It's a strategy that's not proving that effective as yet, but I'm sure Andrew Gee has worked long on hard in coming up with this.

haha thanks, there's an article in this :D

Latest posts