What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos Recruitment

unbreaK

Juniors
Hodgo should be back around game 2 of origin from what I understand... Obviously he wont be playing Origin, But would be a welcome boost during that period. *Fingers crossed its not 12 months!

I feel like with his injury history and age, we may not see him at all next year (See: Derrick Rose)

AceAv

Juniors
Fergo, Dugan, Carney -They all wash up in that general area of Kogorah and the Shire...

bfoord

Juniors
The answer to that question would be filed under "Dugan".

we basically had Dugan signed though ... he was just played up again before he officially signed the contract.

i wonder if Ferguson could last longer.

they had Paul Kent on fox sports news the other night and he said the clause in his contract is solely about getting more money and if the Raiders want to stop him activating it, they will need to increase his money

Dazzat

First Grade
It would make an interesting moral dilemma wouldn't it. Hodges gone for a year; Yow Yeh still carrying a big question mark. Would the club consider signing Ferguson by off-loading one of those two players.

I would think not, but stranger things have happened.

Bretto

Bench
Article in the Courier Mail today about Daly Cherry Evans not getting on with the Stewart brothers and maybe wanting out. The actual quotes from Toovey stated there were no issues at the club, but he did concede that Daly wanted to go back to QLD at some stage.

Tera

Juniors
1. Barba
2. Hoffman
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Kahu
6. Hunt/Milford
7. Cherry-Evans
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Hannant
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. Parker

Imagine that.

Bretto

Bench
http://www.nrl.com/prince-may-still-reign-at-broncos/tabid/10874/newsid/74190/default.aspx

Scott Prince likely to run around again next year in the #6.

Does this then mean that we've been unable to snag Milford? I certainly wouldn't be heart broken. I think Prince has shown some real grit and determination these last 5 weeks. When you finally pair him with a decent Halfback, he plays well. Same thing happened at the Titans. Prince played better with Sezer.

Dazzat

First Grade
http://www.nrl.com/prince-may-still-reign-at-broncos/tabid/10874/newsid/74190/default.aspx

Scott Prince likely to run around again next year in the #6.

Does this then mean that we've been unable to snag Milford? I certainly wouldn't be heart broken. I think Prince has shown some real grit and determination these last 5 weeks. When you finally pair him with a decent Halfback, he plays well. Same thing happened at the Titans. Prince played better with Sezer.

Agree with that Bretto. Prince has benefited greatly from the kick up the pants. Next year if players like Cullen and possibly Taylor can keep the pressure on him he will continue to perform.

Dazzat

First Grade
Watched a bit of the Redcliffe/Ipswich game on the weekend. Cameron Cullen is definitely not ready for first grade. In fact, Strasser looks closer than Cullen.

Cullen's kicking game was very erratic, as was his general play.

On another note ... how long is this whole Barba/Milford thing taking!!!???

If good things come to those who wait, then something good is coming to Brisbane fans. It seems both of these sagas have been going forever.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
If he is as crap as described your mob wouldn't have asked

Panthers fan?

Wallace was fine as Lockyer's support where he was called upon only sparingly. But he is hopeless when he is expected to call most (even half) the shots.

The Broncos management have overrated Wallace for a long time now... To be honest I think they have finally come to their senses. He is chewing up way too much cap space for a mediocre play maker.

I hope for your sake he comes good, but I wouldn't be holding my breathe...

Dazzat

First Grade
Wallace held on to his place in the side for so long because of his solid defence. Undoubtedly, there aren't too many other halves in the competition with better defensive qualities.

He is also a very gutsy player - one who will run to the line and get smashed time and time again as he passes right on the line. The trouble with that, is if you're gunna get smashed because you're running to the line and passing at the last minute, make sure you're putting someone through a gap. The problem with Wallace is nine times out of ten, he didn't.

He seemed to get smashed just about every game, and although he played on, perhaps this affects his thinking game - because over the last two years he has just lost the ability to see the bigger picture in attack. He shows flashes, but overall has become just too pedestrian and too predictable.

Perhaps if he played at 5/8, and had a little more room to work with, he may improve a little, but then, his lack of speed becomes an issue.

Latest posts