What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos Recruitment

broncos2010

Juniors
end of the day we still need a marquee match winning player for next year especially now that hodges is gone for most of the year next season we really have to step up the hunt on milford and barba.

Dazzat

First Grade
Maurice Blair to the Titans announced today.

He could have been very handy with the absence of Yow Yeh and Hodges.

Dazzat

First Grade
Rumour is Paul Green signed with Cowboys as coach and Jake Glanville following him.

It really is becoming a litany of stuff-ups isn't it?

Play Hunt at halfback for most of the season, stopping the progress of the best No. 7 at the club and two promising No. 9s in one foul swoop. Brilliant.

Dazzat

First Grade
It's painful Ghoulies ... to watch good players continue to walk away from the club.

Chainshada

Juniors
Who is this "best no.7 at the club" that Hunt would be stopping? Can't Be wallace , and can't be Taylor..unless his what? 9 NYC games make him the messiah?

Last edited:

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Who is this "best no.7 at the club" that Hunt would be stopping? Can't Be wallace , and can't be Taylor..unless his what? 9 NYC games make him the messiah?

I think must be a typo from Dazzat. I think he is referring to Wallace being the one stopping Hunt (the #1 halfback at club) from his spot, which in turn led to a couple of reserve hookers not getting the chance they deserve.

Chainshada

Juniors
Ahh fair enough. I'd love to see this combination next year..

6. Cody Walker
7. Ben Hunt

No idea if he's signed with anyone though, but if we can chase 2 on contract starting players, don't see why we can't go for someone stuck in QLD cup.

Haven't seen much QLD cup this year, but I remember watching him play for the Titans u20s. If Ben can work on his long kicking game, Cody's running/support/short pass would compliment him beautifully. Plus he's a goal kicker.

Big Pete

Referee
Not a bad depth signing. Will be interesting to see if he makes any progress at the club.

Wonder what will become of Cody Walker?

Chainshada

Juniors
I'd definately prefer Walker over Strasser.

1. Barba/Milford
6. Walker
7. Hunt
9. Macca

14. Baptiste/Granville

and we'd have a very young and very dangerous spine. Put them behind a forward pack of Hannant, McGuire, Kennedy, Tasi, Thaiday, Gillett, Parker, Glenn...Damn..

Kiwi

First Grade
It's good to be a Broncos fan, even if/when we miss the finals this year we are certainly looking strong for next year and onwards.

Reports are Hodges has signed an extension ( 1 year ), we signed Strasser, secured Kahu for a further 2 years, look set to have Barba and Milford in the side for next year, signed Kennedy, Oates on what he has done so far should definitely not lose his spot in the top 17 when we are fully fit, Wallace and Prince will not need to feature in the side unless we have serious injuries, I see the light at the end of the tunnel and boy is it shinning.

1 - Barba
2 - Hoffman
3 - Reed
4 - Hodges
5 - Kahu
6 - Milford
7 - Hunt
8 - Hannant
9 - McCullough
10 - McGuire
11 - Glenn/Gillett
12 - Thaiday
13 - Parker

14 - Gillett/Glenn
15 - Oates
16 - Kennedy
17 - Granville/Baptise

Hell yeah, I reckon Cam Smith who was said to be concerned about the Broncos being competitive wouldn't need a mil to want to line up in that side.

Maroon4life

Juniors
It's good to be a Broncos fan, even if/when we miss the finals this year we are certainly looking strong for next year and onwards.

Reports are Hodges has signed an extension ( 1 year ), we signed Strasser, secured Kahu for a further 2 years, look set to have Barba and Milford in the side for next year, signed Kennedy, Oates on what he has done so far should definitely not lose his spot in the top 17 when we are fully fit, Wallace and Prince will not need to feature in the side unless we have serious injuries, I see the light at the end of the tunnel and boy is it shinning.

1 - Barba
2 - Hoffman
3 - Reed
4 - Hodges
5 - Kahu
6 - Milford
7 - Hunt
8 - Hannant
9 - McCullough
10 - McGuire
11 - Glenn/Gillett
12 - Thaiday
13 - Parker

14 - Gillett/Glenn
15 - Oates
16 - Kennedy
17 - Granville/Baptise

Hell yeah, I reckon Cam Smith who was said to be concerned about the Broncos being competitive wouldn't need a mil to want to line up in that side.

Interesting line up, but take out Barba, Milford and Hodges because 2 of which aren't even signed and Hodges is out until this time next year.

Its an optimistic line up, but call the side for what it is until we know differently.

AceAv

Juniors
Hodgo should be back around game 2 of origin from what I understand... Obviously he wont be playing Origin, But would be a welcome boost during that period. *Fingers crossed its not 12 months!

Latest posts