What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos Recruitment

Big Pete

Referee
Parcell definitely has plenty of hype around him, which is why I was OK with letting Granville go and reunite with the coach he won two ISC premierships with.

McCullough playing 80 was always a contentious issue. I didn't think it was necessary since only about 4/16 hookers playing 80 on a regular basis but others contested it would be good for his development. He started the year well, but dropped off after picking up an injury down in Canberra. Will be interesting to see if the move had any benefit and one of the big challenges facing Bennett is deciding to persist with McCullough or look elsewhere.

saint.nick

Coach
Sick of people bagging Boyd as a 'daddy's boy' because he follows Bennett. So f***ing what? Good on him if he's able to play under the best coach in history. Why would he want it any differently if he knows that he has Wayne's full belief in himself?

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Haven't seen Matt Purcell (Ipswich Jets) play, but sounds just what we need to replace Glanville. It will be interesting if Bennett plays McCullough for 80 minutes. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should - play for 80 I mean. If we are going to have a small pack next year - which it looks like at the moment - Plan B is speed.

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/new-bronco-dubbed-fastest-hooker-game/

Yes this really does soften the blow of losing Granville.

I really hope Parcell can push McC, because I don't think that Andrew is top shelf enough to be an 80 minute hooker.

Also hope that someone can answer this question. During the Samoa/England game, I didn't hear very well at the time but I think Darren was saying we signed a hooker that was currently playing for Samoa??? Can someone confirm, or was I just hearing things...???

Dazzat

First Grade
Sick of people bagging Boyd as a 'daddy's boy' because he follows Bennett. So f***ing what? Good on him if he's able to play under the best coach in history. Why would he want it any differently if he knows that he has Wayne's full belief in himself?

Totally agree. I think many young men would like a mentor like Benny. Having said that, Boyd will need to earn his place in the side like anyone else, and first that will mean overcoming his recent difficulties. Perhaps being back in a familiar setting will help.

hellteam

First Grade
Very happy with the impending Boyd signing. Barba could actually found himself playing intrust super cup. Still short a front rower but maybe Garbutt can step up.

Seen a lot of Parcell, I think he is a better NRL prospect than Granville. Still only young. His role at Jets was interesting, usually coming on after 20 minutes or so and also playing a lot of backrow. He's bigger than the average hooker.

Bronco18

Juniors
McCullough playing 80 was always a contentious issue. I didn't think it was necessary since only about 4/16 hookers playing 80 on a regular basis but others contested it would be good for his development. He started the year well, but dropped off after picking up an injury down in Canberra. Will be interesting to see if the move had any benefit and one of the big challenges facing Bennett is deciding to persist with McCullough or look elsewhere.

I think more seasons than not, McCullough has either started or finished the year on fire, but has had bog average stretches during the season. He's a strange one.

Dazzat

First Grade
News today that the club may yet sign another prop for 2015. If so, it will be rabbit-out-of-hat material for a decent player.

Dazzat

First Grade
Moi Moi, Lloyd Perrett and Bryce Gibbs are the only props of any note on the player market ... although Mose Mosoe has been shopping around. He would be awesome!

Kiwi

First Grade
If we land Merrin we're a title threat in 2015 and our ruck defense looks si much better.

Toshiba

Juniors
You'd think St George will throw everything at him to keep him. Although they are in financial and salary cap trouble, somehow.

AceAv

Juniors
Adam no Flair...

Been drifting from club to club since he was a semi threat at Melbourne but has showed very inconsistent form since..

Shuddup Courier Fail

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Adam no Flair...

Been drifting from club to club since he was a semi threat at Melbourne but has showed very inconsistent form since..

Shuddup Courier Fail
drifting from club to club since he was a semi threat at Melbourne??

He moved from Melbourne TO Wests
Shuddup AceAV Fail

But really, Brisbanes 2nd rower stocks are healthy, Blair did well in the 4N but you won't need him.
He'd be better off finding a different club or staying at Wests

Dazzat

First Grade
Done deal people! Blair/McGuire starting props.

http://www.broncos.com.au/news/2014/11/18/broncos_sign_big_bopper_blair.html

Say what you like about Blair, but he has potential that has gone dormant in the last couple of years, and Benny is just the man to fire him up. I guess they have a relationship through Bennett's association with the Kiwi team.

I'm happy with this signing, although would have liked FPN more.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kiwi

First Grade
Who know FPN might be still on the cards.

One thing is for certain. .. in Gavet and Blair we have AGGRESSION at the Broncos once more. Bring on 2015

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Not a good signing imo. One year deal would have been fine, but 3 years?!?!

I would have preferred to persist with Kennedy, and that's saying something!