What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos Recruitment

League guru

Juniors
Blair gives away a lot of penalties. His form the last few seasons since leaving the Storm has been so bad that even the Tigers wanted to off load him. Bennett can,t turn everyone around and on past form, Blair, Garbutt and Gavet are pretty average signings. I don,t think anyone else was cueing up to sign them. actually Wayne's form of late hasn't been that good either.

AceAv

Juniors
Yeah may have acted a little hasty with my comment before. Thanks for slapping me into line Shame Hewwit.

Can't see this being a bad thing. Not as good as Hannant, but leaps and bounds above Kennedy, so will be interesting to see how he performs.

Dazzat

First Grade
Blair gives away a lot of penalties. His form the last few seasons since leaving the Storm has been so bad that even the Tigers wanted to off load him. Bennett can,t turn everyone around and on past form, Blair, Garbutt and Gavet are pretty average signings. I don,t think anyone else was cueing up to sign them. actually Wayne's form of late hasn't been that good either.

Peter Nolan is a gun in the recruitment game and I'm sure these guys have been signed only after some due diligence.

Garbutt - too young to start making qualified statements about his form.

Gavet - has been cruelled by injury and its unknown how he'll go with a good run. I watched the interview with him on the Broncos website and he certainly comes across as someone with his head fixed on.

Blair was an absolute gun in his first years with the Storm. One only has to look at Mason's improvement at Newcastle to see what Bennett can do with a prop who has lost form. And let's not forget that Blair played pretty well for New Zealand.

Kiwi

First Grade
That's alright by mid season Blair will be listed amongst other players as to why we are cap cheats ect during their whinging about the club. They want it both ways, we have a bad roster when it suits and an all star one when it suits as well.

League guru

Juniors
Garbutt and Gavet are both 25, obviously late bloomers.

That is rubbish about Mason improving at Newcastle. Mason has been good value at every club he has played for. he is simply a good footballer. Wayne didn't, coach him at the other clubs.

Bronco18

Juniors
That's alright by mid season Blair will be listed amongst other players as to why we are cap cheats ect during their whinging about the club. They want it both ways, we have a bad roster when it suits and an all star one when it suits as well.
Hahaha this x 100.
This is a hell of a starting side:
1. Boyd
2. Vidot
3. Copley
4. Hodges
5. Kahu/Reed
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Glenn/Gillette
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

Fighting out for the interchange: Glenn/Gillette, Oates, Gavet, Garbutt, Ofahenguae, Parcell, Waddell.

This is worth getting excited about.

Last edited:

Maroon4life

Juniors
I think were taking a massive gamble on Blair. I'm glad we are taking it cause you gotta be in it to win it. You have to be realistic and acknowledge that he has bludged his entire way through the wests tigers deal, what will make the broncos deal any different? Hopefully we're the club to get the form out of him.

In the same way were happy to see the back of Barba the tigers are probably high fiving eachother over Blair.

Bronco18

Juniors
Looking at the Wests forum the consensus seems to be that he had a pretty decent year this past season playing in the back row.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Yeah ... those 47 metres a game could have ramped up to 52 given some time.

Thought Kennedy showed some good signs at the end of the season.

People keep saying that Bennett can get the best out of Blair, but why couldn't he get the best out of Kennedy?

Seems like a sideways move to me, and even worse since we will be paying some of Kennedy's contract.

League guru

Juniors
Thought Kennedy showed some good signs at the end of the season.

People keep saying that Bennett can get the best out of Blair, but why couldn't he get the best out of Kennedy?

Seems like a sideways move to me, and even worse since we will be paying some of Kennedy's contract.

I agree 100 percent.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Blair is a test player
kennedy is not even a f**ken first grader

I watched all the four nations games and I didn't even notice Blair at all... Who was he picked over? Any competition?

Kennedy not long ago was on the verge of Origin. Would Blair have made either of the QLD or NSW teams?

My point is that Blair is hardly much of an upgrade on Kennedy. Both have been pretty useless recently. A 1 year deal would have been perfect. We have nothing to lose and if he is a flop then we still have cap space for 2016. But 3 years is a risk imo.

Honestly I hope he smashes yet. Go The Broncs!!!

Dazzat

First Grade
Yeah ... a three year deal on Blair is a little generous but contracts mean little these days.

Kiwi

First Grade
Yeah ... a three year deal on Blair is a little generous but contracts mean little these days.
Considering the money we would be saving not paying Kennedy a cent. I had a chuckle after hearing other fans say we released Kennedy and Rooster fans saying we are paying to play for them and then reading an article where Kennedy himself said he personally asked for a release. Bennett didn't get rid of him he asked to leave which equals no money from us to top up his roosters deal.

hellteam

First Grade
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...e-his-nrl-career/story-fniabofi-1227295949691

FORMER Maroons prop David Shillington is fighting to save his NRL career after being given permission to negotiate with rival clubs by Canberra coach Ricky Stuart.

Shillington’s management is scouring the market for options, but the Broncos, Cowboys and Titans have already closed the door on the prospect of a Queensland homecoming.

Think he would be a decent signing if we could round up some money, we need a big front rower. Might be too expensive though.

AceAv

Juniors
Apparently we've 'closed our doors' to him though.

Would take him 100% even if he is on good coin. Maybe get a few more years out of him. Always liked him in origin, but he dropped off the last couple years...

Latest posts