What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos Recruitment

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
So we go after the wrong Raiders half when Sam Williams was on the market all year.

So far Gee has stuffed up...Inglis, Dugan, Sam Williams (+ any other good half)....and who has he signed...

Griffin and Gee...it is like watching Dumb and Dumber again

No one stuffed up Dugan, but Dugan. And from most reports, it appears that it was Henjak's angry little smurf attitude that scared off Inglis.

lockyno1

Post Whore
No one stuffed up Dugan, but Dugan. And from most reports, it appears that it was Henjak's angry little smurf attitude that scared off Inglis.

The contract was there, this attitude that you must be an angel off the field has got us to the rabble we are now. We stuffed it up and we are paying for it.

AceAv

Juniors
I can safely say if we had Gagai we would be in the top 8 right now and also would be licking our lips with his brother.

A single conversation in Wayne Bennetts living room convinced him of his future. -This said so much about what he used to bring to the club.

beads6

First Grade
Excellent get. Good young prop who will play Origin. We will have a monster pack now. Just need a halfback.

unbreaK

Juniors
The same guy who said we had Kennedy also said we had McCrone, I'm not really a fan of McCrone's to be honest.. a slightly younger version of Wallace..

1. Ben Barba
2. Jharal Yow Yeh
3. Justin Hodges
4. Jack Reed
5. Josh Hoffman
6. Josh McCrone
7. Ben Hunt
8. Ben Hannant
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Martin Kennedy
11. Matt Gillett
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

14. Alex Glenn
15. Josh McGuire
16. Lama Tasi
17. Mitchell Dodds

Is how I see the team next year, if Barba comes, if not, throw Kahu in there.

Dazzat

First Grade
Don't think we really need more props.. but still a good signing nevertheless.

As the old cliché goes - the forward set it up for the halves.

While Prince and Wallace may rate as among the worst halves in the competition, don't think our front row rotation rates much better - and this could have contributed to the under performing of Prince/Wallace.

If Hannant's off the ground, our front row sucks to be honest.

This is a good signing, but yet again, its a Queenslander, as was Tasi.

Is the club actually capable for signing a NSW player?

Dazzat

First Grade
By not being able to sign NSW players we are effectively locked out of about 80% of the player market (that's my rough estimate).

This wasn't a problem of course, in the days of Cyril Connell who picked the proverbial eyes out of the Queensland juniors.

But now Canberra, the Roosters, the Bulldogs and Melbourne are on the scene, the Broncos seem to be continually beaten to the punch with such players as Barba, Cherry-Evans, Milford and others.

I'm happy to Queenslanders as well, but let's remember the great players of the past - Lazarus, Chris Johns, Terry Matterson ... who served the club well as NSWers.

1qaz

Juniors
Some interesting statistics for you Bretto.. since Dane left the club, the Broncos have won 11, lost 25. While he was still at the club at the start of the 2012 season, the Broncos won 8, lost 4.

Latest posts