What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos shopping Gillette and Nikorima to Dragons

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Absolutely. He signed some duds for sure (although I wonder what would have happened if we persisted with Sam Williams??)

But the core of our side is still from the Steve Price era (including our 5 best players).

So overall you can't really say this is Mary's squad .

So where do we draw a line in the sand? Can we say that in 2010 it was more so Brown's squad than Bennett's? At least half of that squad was brought into grade by Brown.

Mary has been in charge now for almost 2 years, he needs to be accountable for the performance of the team.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Pick 2 or 3 targets for next year.
Offer them overs and worry about the TPA's down the track.
We'll at least get one player. Make the other players think they are worth more, upset the cap spend for the opposition and destabilise a few squads along the way :D
Happens all the time.

I agree! Throw Bunjis money at either Nikorima, Cherrington, Koroisau, Purcell, Moses, Brooks, Te Marie Martine.
Apparently we were after Cronk for 900k-1mil? Throw it at Milford, just for sh$its and giggles. That may distract the Broncos enough to then snare Nikorima.
I think we will nab one of the above, obviously not Milford though.:cool:

dragonssamy61

First Grade
I agree! Throw Bunjis money at either Nikorima, Cherrington, Koroisau, Purcell, Moses, Brooks, Te Marie Martine.
Apparently we were after Cronk for 900k-1mil? Throw it at Milford, just for sh$its and giggles. That may distract the Broncos enough to then snare Nikorima.
I think we will nab one of the above, obviously not Milford though.:cool:

Well played sir. Just like throwing dart at a dart board :lol:

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
The only thing in our favour for this is a starting position in his preferred position. We need to play that card. I sure we can offer similar money to what the thoroughbreds would be offering.

Yes mate your right I guess 1st Grade is the carrot we need to dangle...still I think weve got buckleys at the mo

mickeylane

Bench
Gillette like Dugan is a Santa supporter from young- he'd be coming home as far as I'm concerned..

Sign him!!

Nikorima has real X factor about him.. Would b a nice got w WIDDOP..

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Gillette like Dugan is a Santa supporter from young- he'd be coming home as far as I'm concerned..

Sign him!!

Nikorima has real X factor about him.. Would b a nice got w WIDDOP..

Gillett is not leaving Broncos.
Everyone loves Santa, except the JA dudes

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
It's not just the Broncos though mate.
Throw in Cowboys, Storm, Roosters, Parra, Bulldogs, Manly and Souths.
It is not a fair playing field for many of the clubs and we've been the nice guys for too long and played by the rules.
Anyone that says otherwise doesn't know what they're talking about.

Yeah your right Jubes integrity gets you know where in this game today.......its all about the dollars and where you can hide them....maybe Malcom Fraser was right he once said keep your money under the bed

nrlnrl

First Grade
Just listened to the news up here and they said they are both staying at the Broncos . They were never going anywhere ...3rd party will make up the the short fall .

Also been told Coote is about to sign with Manly ...we will see .

Yep, well timed to coincide with the game against the Dragons. Uncle Wayne has told Nikorima to stay for another year or 2 so he will. Sadly the Dragons don't have any upside for at least 3 years, so players like these guys aren't going to leave a club like the Broncos.

They need to re-name them 7th or 8th parties for some teams, seriously - it is not a level playing field & the Broncos have an unfair advantage (with the current rules) being the only team in Brisbane.

As for Coote, where did you get that info? There was a story by Dean Ritchie & some other journo's that Coote's management spoke to Manly. I wonder if he'd play 5/8 & Walker would move back to the centres after Lyon retires. That would make Manly a real premiership threat for a few years. Plus they are hunting for another Origin level forward. I can see them winning at least 1 premiership by the year 2019.

The Dragons? not unless we sign a big name coach who can attract 2 or 3 Origin standard players & 3 or 4 others who are high quality starting players - not fringe players that the Dragon have regularly signed over the past 2 years.

j0nesy

Bench
I think Nikorima would be a great signing. Id also like to see Bird resigned. Play Bird a fullback and Nikorima in the halves. Let Benji go, he's asking more than he's worth.