What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos shopping Gillette and Nikorima to Dragons

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Bennett normally gets what he wants.
Thats his job and cant begrudge him that.

That's correct Tru....how often in the last few years has our club been rumoured to be targeting these type of players...sad part is we rarely hit the bullseye.....still one day mate

TruSaint

Referee
That's correct Tru....how often in the last few years has our club been rumoured to be targeting these type of players...sad part is we rarely hit the bullseye.....still one day mate

At the minute BSE, we have little leverage to attract these kids...
You are correct.
Mind you, on paper we have a decent squad that needs to reflect their potential. Hoping we can put in a hard fight tomorrow, and show some ticker.

Minh

First Grade
I think Bennett is worried that one or two good players leaving would send a shudder through the squad and disrupt their strong 2016 campaign. They have such a strong squad with positions 1, 6 and 7 so how will Nikorima make that starting side. Very good chance for us to pounce I'd say.

TruSaint

Referee
I think Bennett is worried that one or two good players leaving would send a shudder through the squad and disrupt their strong 2016 campaign. They have such a strong squad with positions 1, 6 and 7 so how will Nikorima make that starting side. Very good chance for us to pounce I'd say.

Maybe so Minh, but Wayne has a way of nurturing these guys and selling the big picture...A few injuries, suspensions etc, he may get a crack at a few games and build on that. In the meanwhile, he builds his $$$ value... Out of interest, where would you play Nikorima ?

Jubileeboy

First Grade

Pick 2 or 3 targets for next year.
Offer them overs and worry about the TPA's down the track.
We'll at least get one player. Make the other players think they are worth more, upset the cap spend for the opposition and destabilise a few squads along the way :D
Happens all the time.

TruSaint

Referee
We'll at least get one player. Make the other players think they are worth more, upset the cap spend for the opposition and destabilise a few squads along the way :D
Happens all the time.

Hmmmm... are you suggesting this shit goes on lol ? ;-)

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade

You could be right Minh, I don't think the Donkeys salary cap would be an issue for these players...when your the only team in town and have all the businesses supporting just one team Im sure theres plenty of Third Party Deals floating around

BrissyRedV

Bench
Maybe so Minh, but Wayne has a way of nurturing these guys and selling the big picture...A few injuries, suspensions etc, he may get a crack at a few games and build on that. In the meanwhile, he builds his $$$ value... Out of interest, where would you play Nikorima ?

Jubileeboy

First Grade
You could be right Minh, I don't think the Donkeys salary cap would be an issue for these players...when your the only team in town and have all the businesses supporting just one team Im sure theres plenty of Third Party Deals floating around

It's not just the Broncos though mate.
Throw in Cowboys, Storm, Roosters, Parra, Bulldogs, Manly and Souths.
It is not a fair playing field for many of the clubs and we've been the nice guys for too long and played by the rules.
Anyone that says otherwise doesn't know what they're talking about.

BrissyRedV

Bench

The only thing in our favour for this is a starting position in his preferred position. We need to play that card. I sure we can offer similar money to what the thoroughbreds would be offering.

Minh

First Grade

Bennett is a persuasive man indeed, I would play Nikorima at half Tru.

Minh

First Grade

We have no chance up against them when it comes to TPA's like you say BSE. Our only hope is the chance of a starting spot.

Minh

First Grade
Happens all the time.

you're an ideas man JB.

giboz71

First Grade
Don't forget Farrell, Witt, Williams, Harrison, Miller, Beale, Drinkwater, possibly 7 of the worst.

I just have that image of benji sitting next to price when he signed, Price had a huge "benji is gonna save my coaching career" smile on his face.

Absolutely. He signed some duds for sure (although I wonder what would have happened if we persisted with Sam Williams??)

But the core of our side is still from the Steve Price era (including our 5 best players).

So overall you can't really say this is Mary's squad .

Country Dragon

Juniors
Absolutely. He signed some duds for sure (although I wonder what would have happened if we persisted with Sam Williams??)

But the core of our side is still from the Steve Price era (including our 5 best players).

How long before we can say it's Mary's squad???

GC Dragon

Juniors
Just listened to the news up here and they said they are both staying at the Broncos . They were never going anywhere ...3rd party will make up the the short fall .

Also been told Coote is about to sign with Manly ...we will see .

hazzbeen

Bench

Mate they never gave Williams much game time, if I recall about three games. Price stuck with Fein who was slow as we are now. Williams would have been here long term and cost us very little .

Latest posts