What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos V St Helens match thread

Frederick

Staff member
Me either. I was actually pleased with his performance today. Then again I was going for Saints :)

Jono078

Referee
Well done to St Helens!

I enjoyed the match tbh, great to see footy back, especially loved the first 2 minutes of the game :D

Leek UK

Juniors
what a win,the game was played at a great pace.Brisbane were unlucky,however,the class of sculthorpe,cunningham and co got saints through.
Roby was outstanding from dummy half (better than berrigan).
Fozzard and cayless won the battle up front with carlaw and civoniceva.
I thought Hunt,tate and parker were exellent for brisbane.
st helens kicking game wasnt great.
And saints only had 1 aussi in matt gidley.
ade gardner for GB.

No excuses at all from brisbane,you have been over her 2 weeks,played a warm up game,st helens played 2 players who werent 100% fit and a couple of reserves.So on the night saints just managed the win.
Well done to both teams,a very good game.:D :D :D :p

Leek UK

Juniors
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Cowgirl86 said:
I hope Broncos kick the Saints....SL needs to realise they're crap compared to the likes of the NRL you'd think Tri-Nations would sort that out but meh.
GREAT YOU ARENT YOU HA HA HA AH AHA HA HA AHA HA AH AH AHA HA AH

simon says

First Grade
Some thoughts on the game.........

Perry is the Sean Rudder of Brisbane....he cant catch,pass or kick.He is dead set the worst first grade half I have ever seen.

Lockyer was off big time.....he kept throwing flat passes to blokes that had tacklers all over them,I was waiting for the worlds best player to adjust but he didnt.Terrible game IMO.

Darius Boyd is dumb and dumber.......terrible in one on one plays.Slides in defense on his line when he needs to come up,doesnt go for the bomb in defense........a real nail biter he is.

I thought the forwards musled up well,and deserve kudos......definitely sharper in attack with Berrigan on,Thaiday and Hannant stepped up.Defensively they looked stronger than Saints and dominated them in tackles well.

And ,Hodges,Tate and Michaels all looked class but got very little qualty ball from Lockyer.And when they did get it they were so flat they were easy targets.

Very frustrating to watch a team that SHOULD put thirty on Saint Helens fail,but what can you do.

Bennett needs to lose Perry and Boyd,and get the backline deeper.

Then they'll click.

Leek UK

Juniors
Cowgirl86 said:
And you feel proud? Great.
Anyway now we have to listen to those arrogant bastards think they're the be all and end all because they win one lousy game before our footy season and into theirs.....oh well hopefully next year will be better.
PUT YOUR DUMMY BACK IN :lol:

Leek UK

Juniors
Ghoulies said:
We didn't deserve a win; no doubt about it. We were playing one out, bash-n-barge from start to finish; even with minutes to go, 4 points behind, we barely deviated from the plan.

Kudos to the Saints.

you had more possesion than the saints as well.

simon says said:
Lockyer was off big time.....he kept throwing flat passes to blokes that had tacklers all over them,I was waiting for the worlds best player to adjust but he didnt.Terrible game IMO.
Beat me to it mate ..
I thought that was Locky,s worst performance in yrs...& as a result the whole team played accordingly.

fourplay

Juniors
If St Helens were in the NRL last year they would of won the comp. An understrengthed and down on form team tonight completely out played Brisbane. The ref was Australian too and St Helens played through a lot of bad calls. Brisbane were fully prepared and "fitter than ever for this time of year."

We can keep pretending the NRL is so far ahead.. but 6 of the last 7 World Club Challenges? Excuses are running out.

Frederick

Staff member
Leeds UK, why didn't you just use the existing thread?

*steals Timmahs hat*
Can a mod please merge this into the other thread?

fourplay

Juniors
St Helens out played Brisbane all over the park.

6 of the last 7 world club challenges ? Who is surprised anymore ? Seriously.

The top tier Super League teams will beat the NRL's finest any day of the week. Well 6 days out of 7 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Leek UK

Juniors
fourplay said:
If St Helens were in the NRL last year they would of won the comp. An understrengthed and down on form team tonight completely out played Brisbane. The ref was Australian too and St Helens played through a lot of bad calls. Brisbane were fully prepared and "fitter than ever for this time of year."

We can keep pretending the NRL is so far ahead.. but 6 of the last 7 World Club Challenges? Excuses are running out.
I cant stop dancing after ANOTHER world club challenge with for the SL team :music1: :music1: :music1: :music1: :music1:

Latest posts