What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncs game

blacksafake

First Grade
They must have been working hard on their attack lately because their defence has gone backwards. Lucky the broncos were awful tonight.

Coffs dragon

Bench
I am a fan of Widdop, but tonight was the worse performance I have witnessed by him. Kicking game was woeful and play making was clueless. I don't know what's happened or if the captaincy has affected his game, but even his leadership seems way off.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I feel sorry for Dugan, busted his gut this game.

Yeah Minh agree.....except for him and young Aitken our backline offers absolutely nothing .....with 20 to go its 12 nil and we had numerous opportunities to score some points but poor decisions by our halves killed off any momentum we had... and to be totally honest both the Donkeys and The Cowboys were nowhere near their best and still we come up with zero points....for a season that at the start promised a little not a lot we are going backwards

twinkletoes

Juniors
Frizzell the only forward to show any mongrel. Nighty & Duggan tried hard. Widdop & McCrone absolute rubbish. Kicking game non existent. 3 weeks in a row PM has spoilt tries...put a proper finisher on the wing ie Carr.

This attack where the forwards almost stand still and pass to one another looks so amateurish...the whole team is beyond repair.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I am a fan of Widdop, but tonight was the worse performance I have witnessed by him. Kicking game was woeful and play making was clueless. I don't know what's happened or if the captaincy has affected his game, but even his leadership seems way off.

Mate I don't think the captaincy has anything to do with it to be honest.....except for the toss really what decisions has he had to make..

FlameThrower

Bench
Well pretty crap eh? Felt sorry for Aitken and Dugan. Sick of Fittler making fun of us. No shape, no confidence, prop forwards running three steps forward then standing still and playing half back. Appalling kicking game. Cooper slow, lumber some and leaves gaps. Marketo... why? Lui actually looked OK. Widdop terrible, McCrone tried too much, Lafai at least defended better. Peter M to be considered a centre ONLY. New winger, new back with utility value on bench, no Marketo and no Cooper

I watch Fox, what did Fittler say....?

blacksafake

First Grade
Did anyone see the footage of Dugan in the dressing room. He was absolutely shattered, looked as if he'd just lost a grand He sure did. You can never question his efforts or commitment. He must at times think wtf do i put up with rabble of a club.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
I too noticed Dugan, he looks absolutely shattered! What's going on there? Don't think I've seen a player so upset losing a regular season game.

Yeah plenty wrong, especially with widdop, what's the deal with him? We make him our captain, and obviously see him as our long term half, but he is playing like busters. Is he staying beyond next season? Looks like his head is in the clouds. Wake up you fu$ken space cadet!

As for other changes, yeah matatuia is not fg material, he needs to be dropped. I've said it now for 4 weeks, I'll keep saying it, flo needs to go back to the right, and the quickest guy in the club needs to play left wing. And I'll also add the best general kicker in the club needs to play 7. It's killing us that we cannot control field position due to our very poor kicking game.

BlackDuckSaint

Juniors
I too noticed Dugan, he looks absolutely shattered! What's going on there? Don't think I've seen a player so upset losing a regular season game.

Yeah plenty wrong, especially with widdop, what's the deal with him? We make him our captain, and obviously see him as our long term half, but he is playing like busters. Is he staying beyond next season? Looks like his head is in the clouds. Wake up you fu$ken space cadet!

As for other changes, yeah matatuia is not fg material, he needs to be dropped. I've said it now for 4 weeks, I'll keep saying it, flo needs to go back to the right, and the quickest guy in the club needs to play left wing. And I'll also add the best general kicker in the club needs to play 7. It's killing us that we cannot control field position due to our very poor kicking game.

Who is the best general kicker in the club? Hutch?

twinkletoes

Juniors
Widdop was totally incompetent tonight. I understand that players have poor games from time to time but he was not poor...he just looked totally out of it like he was playing the game for the first time in his life.

Simon

Juniors
To me we look to be unsuccessfully trying to mirror the attacking structure of the dogs from 2014. We're trying to make our props half backs which they are not. They're certainly not at the Graham, Kasiano skill level.

In saying this the Dogs have even curtailed this to some degree as defences worked out how to counteract this approach. We're two years behind the times here.

PLEASE for the sake of all our sanity tell our props to be props and that's to run hard with the ball and look to where possible create second phase play. I think our props acting as the first passer after the dummy half is causing more issues to our halves as generally they're receiving a tough pass to catch before initiating the attack. I'm not saying this is our sole problem with our halves (kicking game is certainly another story) but this is not helping our attacking movements.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade

I agree don't be to surprised if Dugan doesn't seek another club before to long

blacksafake

First Grade
Mary proved to me tonight that he has no idea. 14 nil luis who i thought did well in his limited time on field is replaced by marketo wtf was he thinking oh look we are only 14 behind lets defend that score.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Feel for you guys, however the positive is that as bad as the attack was- frankly it was terrible from both sides really, it was still only 12-0 with 10 to go. It was a lot closer than the score stated.

Best of luck next week, a week is a long time in football, you can easily win next week.

Minh

First Grade
Feel for you guys, however the positive is that as bad as the attack was- frankly it was terrible from both sides really, it was still only 12-0 with 10 to go. It was a lot closer than the score stated.

Best of luck next week, a week is a long time in football, you can easily win next week.

Thanks Locky, a bit of perspective here. The Titans won't be easy but it's a small relief after the last two opponents. Good luck for the season.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Thanks Locky, a bit of perspective here. The Titans won't be easy but it's a small relief after the last two opponents. Good luck for the season.

You too, and honestly it is better to be playing average in round 6 than round 20. Teams have gone on runs at the back end. Your side actually isn't far away, defensively I thought you did well tonight.

It will turn around, just give it time.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Mary proved to me tonight that he has no idea. 14 nil luis who i thought did well in his limited time on field is replaced by marketo wtf was he thinking oh look we are only 14 behind lets defend that score.

Mate I agree..... I didn't realise till you just pointed it out that Marketo replaced Luis whom I thought ran with real purpose with his limited opportunity ...and don't worry Macgregor will stuff him up with his token runs in 1st Grade just like hes done with Havili...your dead right I am now firmly of the opinion to that the coach has NFI

gUt

Coach
you guys show a lot of fight. Widdop had a bad game but imo you aren't far away from stringing a few together

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
You too, and honestly it is better to be playing average in round 6 than round 20. Teams have gone on runs at the back end. Your side actually isn't far away, defensively I thought you did well tonight.

It will turn around, just give it time.

Thanks for your kind comments but we have to be there at the season end to make a run...right now if by some strange happening we are in the running for the 8 our for and against is bloody woeful.