What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncs game

j0nesy

Bench
League is a f**king joke, there aren't enough good players in the world to make 16 competitive teams let alone help us not be complete shit.

It's been going that way for some time. My kids soccer club has 80 under 8s players. There are some clubs with more. Some junior league clubs are struggling to get a team together.

Da Doctor

Juniors
I was holding out hope that McGregor could be the answer after last, but I am afraid it is not looking good.

In a previous post on another thread I said I was willing to reserve judgement until round 8...in saying that, I still wanted to see gradual improvement. If anything, we are going backwards.

The effort and confidence of our playmakers is low to put it incredibly mildly, that has to come back to coaching.

If Mary sticks with the same team next week, he has to go!!!

The main issue is, our incompetence on the field starts in our boardroom. We need privatisation now!!

possm

Coach
It's the coach. We have Price Mark II on our hands but how much longer do we have to put up with Mary. There are a few good coaches available and the Board should bring one in now.

FlameThrower

Bench
Poorly coached....no confidence....but players can't hold a ball and don't seem to have any football vision. Widdop was woeful tonight, McCrone went missing...I don't know how this can get any better...we basically have a full strength squad...we need some major changes, not token changes....this season....I can't see Club sacking Mary, so it's a year fighting off the spoon....dear god, how did it get to this...

ruthless dragon

Juniors
I tell you what right now if I had the money, I would hire a couple of planes to sky write
" Doust resign" and "Dragons coach resign" tomorrow above Kograh and the Gong.
That might give the ba$tards a shake.

mbrako

Juniors
The last two weeks have been the worst Dragons sides Ive seen play and I can remeber back to the early 80's !

BlackDuckSaint

Juniors
1. Dugan - I liked his involvement tonight, played a bit of distributor and had some nice touches, looked a bit clumsy at times though. Massive metres as usual and looks quick. Still deserves his spot.

2. Matautai - Should not play on the wing, as simple as that, heart attack material under the high ball, doesn't know how to finish a try. (this time and in the panthers game he stepped inside when every other winger would have taken them on the outside) and has too many errors in him. Drop him or move him to left centre

3. Aitken - Really like this kid, just needs to be coached a quick passing game, his run first attitude hurt us with Dugan unmarked on the wing. Still deserves his spot.

4. Lafai - I really don't know, I have never seen him get any clean ball... And that is Widdop's fault, this guy can beat the first defender most times, but I have never seen him one on one. I'd say drop him but I don't think his form is necessarily his fault.

5. Nightingale - Safe as houses. If he was playing on the right, in his preferred position, 2 tries tonight. Losing speed, but persevere for now.

6. Widdop - Worst I have ever seen him play. In fact he hasn't played well all year. His short kicking game is usually a weapon, tonight it cost us. based on the amount of points we are scoring, he and his halves partners should take the brunt of the criticism I'd say drop him but dropping your captain is not the right move

7. McCrone - I liked some of the set plays down the right and he did give Aitken some early ball which was good. Still not sold, a solid halfback utility at least. Not first choice so who knows.

The Pack. The pack have performed admirably this year and I don't think the issue lies with the forward pack, especially not the back row. JDB, Friz and Thommo are shining lights this year. The starting props are doing their job, we havent conceded many points in the first 20 so they are doing something right. It would be good to see them make some more metres, 100+ consistently but I reckon that will come with time.

One of my biggest concerns is our bench.

Cooper - He is our best bench forward and is unlucky not to be starting. But he is a grinder.
Mathews - Errors everywhere and provides no punch in attack
Marketo - Provides no Punch or creativity
Lui - Is just another grinding prop
Havili - underused as a strike player and when playing as a back rower does have errors in his game.

These are just my thoughts, sorry for the long post. Happy discuss solutions (not sacking the coach or the board, just with the team)

Da Doctor

Juniors
After that tonight, what little chance we had of attracting Kodi and/or Matt is well and truly gone. Not only do poor performances minimise our chance of making the finals, it kills our recruitment which results in more years of pain!

We are now the Steelers! It has been a covert takeover!!!!!!

twinkletoes

Juniors
Absolutely abysmal...its appalling when all the commentators are so patronising because the "Dragons" are so utterly incompetent. The whole club is in a quick downward spiral

j0nesy

Bench
Did anyone see the footage of Dugan in the dressing room. He was absolutely shattered, looked as if he'd just lost a grand final.

j0nesy

Bench
After that tonight, what little chance we had of attracting Kodi and/or Matt is well and truly gone. Not only do poor performances minimise our chance of making the finals, it kills our recruitment which results in more years of pain!

We are now the Steelers! It has been a covert takeover!!!!!!

Mate that's an insult to the steelers. They were way better than this mob

Wittenberg

Juniors
Well pretty crap eh? Felt sorry for Aitken and Dugan. Sick of Fittler making fun of us. No shape, no confidence, prop forwards running three steps forward then standing still and playing half back. Appalling kicking game. Cooper slow, lumber some and leaves gaps. Marketo... why? Lui actually looked OK. Widdop terrible, McCrone tried too much, Lafai at least defended better. Peter M to be considered a centre ONLY. New winger, new back with utility value on bench, no Marketo and no Cooper

tumbidragon

First Grade
Id b shattered too if I'd just ran 240m busting my guts for this rabble. Can't wait for the presser.

Latest posts