What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncs game

Dragon David

First Grade
Just goes to show how poorly rated we are, with the broncos having a lot of players out both on SOO and injuries, all the tipsters having written us off along with the betting agencies, because we have Ben Hunt out, I hope all our forwards will really give it to them and set a platform for Sullivan and Amone to light it up. I for one cant wait to see us pump reynolds , because that will be the key. Go the saints !!!!!
The bounce of the ball and completion rates might determine the result of this game. While the Broncos are missing quite a few and we are without Hunt, the Broncos in general are playing with a lot of confidence and efficiency. We are much improved I know and we need to be better in attack.

It is imperative that we score first and that we can maintain our good defence throughout the match as they do have players who can score points and Reynolds doesn't miss too many conversion attempts and penalties.

Our lack of scoring points in the second half has me worried. This needs attention because if the Broncos are leading in the second half and we cannot score, then that's it.

We need to score at least 26-28 points to win is my prediction.

justadragon

Bench
The bounce of the ball and completion rates might determine the result of this game. While the Broncos are missing quite a few and we are without Hunt, the Broncos in general are playing with a lot of confidence and efficiency. We are much improved I know and we need to be better in attack.

It is imperative that we score first and that we can maintain our good defence throughout the match as they do have players who can score points and Reynolds doesn't miss too many conversion attempts and penalties.

Our lack of scoring points in the second half has me worried. This needs attention because if the Broncos are leading in the second half and we cannot score, then that's it.

We need to score at least 26-28 points to win is my prediction.
Totally agree with you Dave, but we have got to get over a couple of things 1 scoring all our points in the first half and nothing in the second, 2 panicking if we dont score first. we must have the confidence and resilience to go with the opposition. Also be ruthless that if we are in front by a fair margin then keep the foot on the throat, dont back off.

kit66

Bench
Totally agree with you Dave, but we have got to get over a couple of things 1 scoring all our points in the first half and nothing in the second, 2 panicking if we dont score first. we must have the confidence and resilience to go with the opposition. Also be ruthless that if we are in front by a fair margin then keep the foot on the throat, dont back off.

3. Party like it's 2018 ! when we flogged them twice and a Sims hat trick ! Yeah !!

The Word

Juniors
From memory, in the past when we come up against quality teams during origin, and they're missing a stack of players, the replacements usually come in and blow us off the park. I guess they often have a point to prove and are playing in a winning environment.

I'm feeling a bit different about this one though. The Broncos are not looking quite as clinical as they did earlier in the season, and our defense has been better and more consistent this year than I can remember since the Bennett era.

Obviously our points scored tally is an issue, but I'm starting to get the feeling that we might be building up to really belting someone. If the forwards can provide Sullivan and Amone with some protection and some go-forward, they could really take this opportunity to make a name for themselves.

kit66

Bench
Our kicking game could be a problem with Hunt usually looking after that. McC can kick but he's neither accurate nor consistent. Amone needs to step in and get some kicking practice here. Bud can kick if pressed but will likely rely on Jnr to kick so he can concentrate on steering the boys around, that's what he's good at.
The Broncs will probably run the big guys at Bud (and Jnr) but I'm sure Bud will handle that no worries.

Go Saints !

Gareth67

First Grade
The Dragons will not have a better opportunity to beat the Broncs than in this match . We have everything going for us , it will be a case of playing good constructive footy
in both attack and defense .

Keep errors and stupid play to the bare minimum as well as playing for the entire 80 minutes and keeping on the good side of the ref .

Dragons by 8 . 😇

Iron Mike

Juniors
Our kicking game could be a problem with Hunt usually looking after that. McC can kick but he's neither accurate nor consistent. Amone needs to step in and get some kicking practice here. Bud can kick if pressed but will likely rely on Jnr to kick so he can concentrate on steering the boys around, that's what he's good at.
The Broncs will probably run the big guys at Bud (and Jnr) but I'm sure Bud will handle that no worries.

Go Saints !
kit66

When comparing Juniors Kicking Game against Bud's , Bud would win hands down.
This is a huge game for Bud , if he stands up well it will strengthen his case for the no 7 jersey in 2023.
With Ben Hunt available to negotiate with other clubs in November , there are some massive decisions that will need to be made later this year. Personally I would like Hunt to shift to 9 and Bud to 7 after training in those positions in the off season. But the ties between Hook and McCullough will be tough to break !!!!

Illusion

Bench
kit66

When comparing Juniors Kicking Game against Bud's , Bud would win hands down.
This is a huge game for Bud , if he stands up well it will strengthen his case for the no 7 jersey in 2023.
With Ben Hunt available to negotiate with other clubs in November , there are some massive decisions that will need to be made later this year. Personally I would like Hunt to shift to 9 and Bud to 7 after training in those positions in the off season. But the ties between Hook and McCullough will be tough to break !!!!
I hope Bud has a blinder ......

Dragon David

First Grade
I hope Bud has a blinder ......
I hope he does too. There will be pressure on him no doubt to perform and expectations will be high, so I hope he just sticks to what he knows best and play how he would normally without trying too hard to impress.

Our senior guys will need to step up big time in this game. Don't expect to win because they have players out. Play each set with purpose in attack and defend like crazy all over the park.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
I hope he does too. There will be pressure on him no doubt to perform and expectations will be high, so I hope he just sticks to what he knows best and play how he would normally without trying too hard to impress.

Our senior guys will need to step up big time in this game. Don't expect to win because they have players out. Play each set with purpose in attack and defend like crazy all over the park.
Agree Dave and as crazy as it sounds I think having McCullough's experience at hooker with both Bud and Junior running the show in the halves will help them both keep cool heads and make the right decisions with ball in hand.

justadragon

Bench
Agree Dave and as crazy as it sounds I think having McCullough's experience at hooker with both Bud and Junior running the show in the halves will help them both keep cool heads and make the right decisions with ball in hand.
totally agree, bud is an x factor player and that cant be restricted with him, as long as the forwards give him the room to do that, he is not the type of player that will go into his shell if something doesn't go right. cant wait to see his performance.

Crush

Coach

blacksafake

First Grade
Was thinking earlier in the week like others, that Mbye may come in for Bud to start the game but if this happens then they’ll have no kicking game.
Plenty on here say Bud has a good kicking game so it’s likely to be him starting.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
Was thinking earlier in the week like others, that Mbye may come in for Bud to start the game but if this happens then they’ll have no kicking game.
Plenty on here say Bud has a good kicking game so it’s likely to be him starting.
I honestly think Bud has gone better in reggies than Mbye would go in reggies. Bud will start. If Hook had the faith to start Sloan at fullback last year with terrible conditions, then I think he'll start Bud here, who's already proven to be a very capable first-grader.

Dragon David

First Grade
Part of what O'Brien said after the game between the Knights and Bunnies at post match interview -
"O’Brien hinted that with so many absences, his players may have felt it was set to be “an easy night” against the Bunnies but it proved to be exactly the opposite."
I hope that Hook doesn't say the same thing after our game against the Broncos.