What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BROOKS OR MOSES . . . . and why ?

Radical Rat

Juniors
He was really really good wasn't he. He is also pretty likable. I hope we keep him now.

I've always been a big Brooks fan. Yes he's a had a tendency to drift out of games but it's obvious he's a genuine half back. He's played 50 odd games now and I think we'll start to see him come into his own.

I think he and Moses can work together under the right structure. Rather than them playing predominately left and right side, I'd like to see Brooks playing first receiver with a licence to roam and Moses playing one pass wider.

I see Moses' strengths in his running. I know he was supposed to be a good organising half in the juniors but I don't see it. He's too flaky at first receiver. He always looks rushed and panicked. Where as Brooks always seems to have time.

If it came down to a decision of which one to keep we'd be absolutely mad to let Brooks go. I'd like to keep both, but I wouldn't be willing to pay a premium for Moses at this stage.

Tiger05

First Grade
I think Moses has looked better overall but I think that is changing. Brooks last night was quality. Great passing, kicking and running.

I think we should sign him up now for sure.

jason taylor

Bench
After the Souths match and now last night, I think it's clear that Brooks is the half that you can build a pretty good team round.

The whole teams emthusiasm from the start looked a lot better last night but when Brooks found his range with his kicks it gave us a huge leg up and a new avenue of play that benifited us rather than opposition.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Looks like they're both staying.

From the Telecrap:

NRL 2016: Luke Brooks, Mitchell Moses Wests Tigers contract saga over as halves agree to stay put

THE long-running saga over the future of Wests Tigers halves Mitchell Moses and Luke Brooks is finally over — they’re staying put.

Brooks, 21, and Moses, 21, had been given until Friday to take up options in their contracts for next season.

The pair had been keen to stay together and their decision will provide a much-needed boost for Tigers fans.

Brooks has been under incredible pressure since his NRL debut in 2013, when he was dubbed the next Andrew Johns.

Moses, the nephew of Balmain great Benny Elias, has also had to carry a heavy weight of expectation since his debut in 2014.

The pair has shown glimpses of their vast potential this season and should now form one of the great long-term halves partnerships.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-2016-luke-brooks-mitchell-moses-wests-tigers-contract-saga-over-as-halves-agree-to-stay-put/news-story/f7e2430556afdd16d0dbfeb4140c9a97

Tigerted

Juniors
What a shock !!!!

In 2017 they will both earn only about 400k each more than what they r worth so they were never going anywhere.

Tiger05

First Grade
It sounds like they've signed long term but I don't think that is what has happened.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sounds like they've just taken up the option. We'll have to go through this shit again next season.

BrotherJim05

Bench
If they have taken up their options to extend for just the one year then I'm happy with this. It puts us in a position of power as we can offer them whatever we feel is necessary and if they don't like it they can find another club.

Alternatively they finally kick on and are worth their price tag.

Win/Win

Tigerted

Juniors
Wittyfan it's only awesome news for u coz ur on moses's payroll as his PR spinmeister & head cheerleader !

Tiger05

First Grade
Fine by me. That's exactly what you want players to do isn't it?

It depends - 4 weeks of form and then being average first graders on massive dollars isn't going to help us.

I do hope that they both kick on. Brooks recently has impressed me when I was starting to think he didn't have it in him.

Tigerm

First Grade
Now that it's done, lets hope they can get there form back to lead us through to semis for years to come.

Eddie Lab

Juniors
so that'll give Brooks 4 years and Moses 3.5 years in the NRL at the end of 2017. lets hope the next 1.5 years they both show improvement and earn the next contracts.

Tigerted

Juniors
They must develop a quality kicking game.Theyve had adequate time thus far especially brooks to prove they can cut the mustard in the NRL.

Although I haven't given up hope I just don't c them both realising the enormous expectations placed on them coming through the junior rep teams & 20's.

Although it was very pleasing to c Brooks have a fabulous game against the detestable Broncos his bad games massively outnumber his decent games.The same obviously goes for Moses.

Thankfully we will now b in a better bargaining position in '17 when we should only offer contracts that r commensurate with performance.The days of giving away outrageous amounts of money based on expectation & potential should be history @ this moronic club.Pascoe & O'neill should've learnt from the catastrophic contract deals negotiated by the pathetic windbag grant Mayer & the gump Humphreys.

Clifferd

Coach
I have a feeling most players are only agreeing to short term contracts to see if Taylor is staying or not. Of course that could be completely untrue but just something to think about

macnaz

Staff member
No they are taking the easy money because no one else is stupid enough to offer anything near that .. end of 2017 if something better comes along i bet my balls they will turn their back on the place in a blink of an eye and all this ridiculous money we have thrown at them will have become worthless.
If they were really loyal, honest and wanted to stay they would not have drawn this out to mid year hoping for better bids.

Last edited:

Latest posts