What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brooks

macnaz

Staff member
Some of his kicks were made to look bad due to no chasers. Anasta's kicks were made to look bad because they were bad.

MadKook

Juniors
Confidence is the Key for Brooks, After he scored that intercept he seemed to improve in both defense and offense. Remember that try saving tackle he made on Sio, although he provided a match-tying try on the other side to Radradra, it was still a great effort. There would of been a chance of a 6 point play if Brooks missed the tackle, Rowe would have had no chance in stopping Sio, most likely scoring under the posts.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Improved again yesterday I thought.

Didn't take the right option every time, but basically was the only Tigers player that threatened

He seems to have plenty of confidence.

Have to remember that defences can concentrate solely on him, as they know Anasta offers nothing.

Tiger05

First Grade
Have to remember that defences can concentrate solely on him, as they know Anasta offers nothing.

This is to me a big problem and I think its worse than what you posted. Anasta is also making a lot of mistakes which means Brooks is getting less chances.

I still would like to see Brooks control a game and pull out a win for us however I think he needs some support and Anasta isn't providing that at this point.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think we're seeing why Sironen needs to be five-eighth.

He's defensively strong, he takes on the line at every opportunity, and he has a good passing game.

Three things Braith hasn't got anymore.

We have to remember he is a work in progress,somedays he will be better than others.Yesterday the Titans deliberately targeted him which is going to happen,at times i felt we just needed more involvement from him ,at one point neither Brooks,Anasta or Austin were in place to put a kick away on the last which is unacceptable.
With Rowe,Aasta and Luani offering little if anything Brooks will be better once Farah,Tedesco,Austin or Sirro help make the spine.

macnaz

Staff member
Has there been mention of WT withdrawing him from Blues under 20's squad ?

super_coach

First Grade
At present he has no real targets in the backline to create something for, so he has been forced to go with the high risk, low percentage plays. Austen at six will help his cause over the next couple of weeks, but without Teddy and Simona the backline lacks a lot of spark

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Is Anasta injured and out for a few weeks?

Without wishing the guy bad luck I was thinking the only real chance Austin had at getting the 5/8 role was an injury to Anasta that would have him out for a few weeks. I see this as the chance for both Brooks and Austin to cement a partnership but as has been pointed out, this will happen in a badly depleted backline.

You never know, if they do go well they can both spark something. Some of the best teams have only ever had good hole running centres that were provided quality ball. This is my hope over the coming weeks.

Fordy20

Juniors
Is Anasta injured and out for a few weeks?

Without wishing the guy bad luck I was thinking the only real chance Austin had at getting the 5/8 role was an injury to Anasta that would have him out for a few weeks. I see this as the chance for both Brooks and Austin to cement a partnership but as has been pointed out, this will happen in a badly depleted backline.

You never know, if they do go well they can both spark something. Some of the best teams have only ever had good hole running centres that were provided quality ball. This is my hope over the coming weeks.

Anasta out for 3 weeks with ligament tear

With Siro still injured Austin should start at five-eighth with Luani and Fulton sharing the hooking role. I'm really looking forward to seeing what Austin can do with a full 80 in the #6 jersey.

magpie guy

Juniors
Anasta out for 3 weeks with ligament tear

With Siro still injured Austin should start at five-eighth with Luani and Fulton sharing the hooking role. I'm really looking forward to seeing what Austin can do with a full 80 in the #6 jersey.

I really hope Austin does well enough to hold Anasta out of the 5/8 spot. I have seen enough out of him in his hooker cameos to know that he has a great amount of enthusiasm and spark that the side needs and will feed off. Lets see how his kicking and general play is combining with Brooks and without the "assistance" of Anasta. Good test with Farah out as well.

I am looking forward to seeing how he goes,when you consider he sparked the WT up against Parra and scored a solo try, plus his try assist against the Titans which was our only points then he is already better than Anasta.

The Rosco

Bench
I'm glad to see the love for this guy. I reckon he and Brooksy can make a great pairing for a season or 2 until Moses is genuinely ready.
He becomes even more deadly when we have the running and have opened up the game a little. Against Penrith in the trial, he became stronger when he had that bit of space in front of him.
No doubt he will make a good impression in the next few weeks.
Hopefully he forces Potter to give Banasta a few more weeks to get healthy. Maybe send Braith off for a few more weeks at a day spa to help him overcome the intense emotional grief that comes with one's very first suspension.
By then, Austin's case should be simply too strong to ignore. Hopefully . . . .

The thing i like about Austin is that he is willing to get down and dirty by having a go,i am not sure Anasta or Moses can be classed in that category !

Tigers Tale

Juniors
The thing i like about Austin is that he is willing to get down and dirty by having a go,i am not sure Anasta or Moses can be classed in that category !

The main reason I want Austin to form a partnership with Brooks is from what I have seen he can walk the walk. He might not be the best 5/8 in the comp but he isn't too bad and he seems to fit our team.

My major concern is everyone mentions Moses and truth is he might turn out to be a world beater but he could also be another Kurtis Rowe where he looked a million bucks in the 20's but can't make the step up to the NRL (talk the talk). Moses isn't that big physically and it could take him a few years to bulk up. I actually got a bit of a shock when I saw him in the 9's comp.

Austin and Brooks should be together now and if Moses never comes on the Brooks/Austin partnership will still be in place and can continue to develop....

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
What he needs, is to form a combination with Farah, Brooks and Tedesco.

Will Anasta be out long enough for that to happen, because they should only need 1-2 games together.

He has to keep his cool though, no high risk, low percentage plays etc.

Potter will be looking for a reason to bring Anasta back into the top grade when he's ready. Austin cannot give him that reason.

Radical Rat

Juniors
I hate to say it but judging by everything Potter has said and done with Anasta since his arrival I see Anasta walking straight back in regardless.

I hate to say it but judging by everything Potter has said and done with Anasta since his arrival I see Anasta walking straight back in regardless.

Unfortunately I think your right,i would rather Austin over Anasta any day,Moses i think has obvious talent and speed but i still think he is another year or two before he is ready for NRL .