What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brooks

magpie4ever

First Grade
f**king hard markers, you lot.

He is 20 and in NRL game 7. Bloody hell.

Potentially, a great half for Wests, NSW and Australia for the next decade.

DanOz

Juniors
So right--I surprised the club have not put a media ban on him just to try and take a little pressure off him. On the other hand all the media stuff is great for the club,sponsors and potential sponsors . So far he seems okay with it, but I would like him to be off limits for six months and let him learn his trade at this level

Still this. Great to have a genuine 7 for the 1st time since Prince. I will ride the good and bad games with a smile on my face.

N.C.

Juniors
Still this. Great to have a genuine 7 for the 1st time since Prince. I will ride the good and bad games with a smile on my face.

Yep.

I've been wondering if all the hype is simply because we don't see genuine halfbacks coming into grade all that often anymore.

After seeing him show the odd glimpse of brilliance, I reckon it's a little bit half/half.

He's not there yet, but with a bit of luck and some hard work he will be.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Mixed game but his defence was top class. Some absolute been ringers on Tariq Simms

He'll really need to step up next week if Farah's out

BrotherJim05

Bench
Last night would have been a learning curve for Brooks. His attack is usually flawless but it was definitely off. There will be games where he isn't as good as he has been hyped up to be but there will also be games where he is bat-shit insane and everyone will be screaming future NSW halfback. Give him time, he will shine.

His defense last night was awesome though, shows he has really been working hard on it.

Yep.

I've been wondering if all the hype is simply because we don't see genuine halfbacks coming into grade all that often anymore.

After seeing him show the odd glimpse of brilliance, I reckon it's a little bit half/half.

He's not there yet, but with a bit of luck and some hard work he will be.

The hype is because he is the closest thing to Andrew Johns anyone has ever seen.
Im sure Johns was up and down as a rookie.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
His tackling hasn't changed much, but his mindset has. Instead of trying to hide in the defensive line, he's decided to go and attack in defence, he's committing to tackles now, it helps to prevent us having a big overlap on the edges.

macnaz

Staff member
Yes, so the papers told me.
But I'm trying to judge this for myself.

Fair point , and thats honestly all anyone can do ... BUT ive seen enough of this kid to know he will make the big time . For example we have seen plenty of young players take a season or 2 to make improvements in defence and this classy kid has taken only weeks to improve dramatically ...also he was thrown into state cup last year and earned multiple man of the match awards while still an even younger kid .... he has a way to go but his attitude tells me he will be a future star without any doubt what so ever.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
He seems to be taking the media stuff in his stride quite comfortably too, which is very impressive. He'll be the future captain if he can continue this form/behaviour

N.C.

Juniors
He sure seems to be heading in the right direction... Will be interesting to see how he handles Farah's absence.

Did as well as you can expect an 18yo to play leading our team. Remarkable actually.

Consider he had Anastasia next to him, Luani inside and to complete the spine you had Rowe doing....
Well not sure what the f**k Rowe was doing....but you get the picture.

So long as the forwards are going forward he will continue to develop comfortably.
Not a great game but coming along in leaps and bounds between he ears.
The lessons he is learning now will lead us to premierships in the future.

gronkathon

First Grade
The combination with Anasta is clunky at times.

Rowe is dogshit and a non threat. Teams target that and it limits Lukes options

Tiger05

First Grade
I think he needs to improve a lot however I think he has the ability. His defence and some of his plays were quality (especially the field goal) however I think he has to do more.

Some of the problem though may be going to Anasta when we had attacking opportunities. Anasta was terrible and I'd like to see Brooks get the ball when we are on the attack.