What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brooks

Tigerm

First Grade
On current status, I'd rather NC than LB as he is a proven performer already at his age. You would expect he can only get better. Though he may cost more, but the best usually do.

Tiger05

First Grade
Yep no doubt his price has increased but we r dealing with a shifty manager who will b falsifying other offers.

We have to watch this merkin. We want to keep Brooks but we shouldn't have to put up with this merkin of a manager and his games.

Brooksy should get a good offer from us. He is easily worth what we paid for Reynolds. I'd upgrade Brooks to that level contract and get rid of Reynolds when his contract expires. Surely we can keep those two plus get us some forwards who can have some impact and some quality outside backs. Then we have to look to develop or target another half.

We should be building our squad slowly and surely and not making any rash decisions or getting screwed over by a merkin of a manager.

Perth Tiger

Bench
We just have to be careful and make sure we don’t lose Brooks to the roosters and then NC stays at the Panthers leaving us with nothing

Tiger05

First Grade
We just have to be careful and make sure we don’t lose Brooks to the roosters and then NC stays at the Panthers leaving us with nothing

That would be shit but we've copped so much bullshit over the last however long a time period I just figure let's see what happens.

Tiger Ted

Bench
This poses a real dilemma for us coz I’ve no doubt the Bondi effluent through Brooks’s friendship with the turd(& obviously their unlimited cap) will b very confident they can lure brooks to bondi.Isaac the shitbag moses & the rorters have an implicit understanding re the influence of brown paper bags !

I’m hoping NC doesn’t commit to Penrith b4 Nov 1 although there’s been mail recently to suggest he will.Unless IC were to sign an extended contract with us b4 Nov I can’t c NC leaving Penrith.

Perth Tiger

Bench
Cronk will retire at the end of next year so they will be on the look on t a half right as NC and Brooks are off contract. Not sure what other halfs will also be off contract but I doubt they will settle for a rookie.

Tigerm

First Grade
The thing with the Panthers is, they said some stuff, that appear to be outright lies and NC has commented that he is not happy, don't know if that means anything much, but maybe GG and the Panthers have not helped there cause?

Shredder

Juniors
I agree coach. Brooks has shown enough this year. More than enough.

He still has some edges that need smoothing, but this is a break-out season for him.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Brooks is not perfect but his improvement this year has been immense...

Extend him but be prepared gentlemen- he will require a significant pay rise..

stryker

First Grade
I will run against the grain here...Brooks should be let go. His improvement is so gradual and intermittent that he wont be a top line halfback before he hits 250 games.
Weve been more than generous with him and hes paid us back very little.

Russell Coight

Juniors
I will run against the grain here...Brooks should be let go. His improvement is so gradual and intermittent that he wont be a top line halfback before he hits 250 games.
Weve been more than generous with him and hes paid us back very little.

He is about to win Dally m yet his improvement is "gradual"? U wot mate

stryker

First Grade
He is about to win Dally m yet his improvement is "gradual"? U wot mate
I couldnt give a crap about awards.
We have been in a lot of armwrestle games this year where i watched him closely to see how he would close out the win. He still has little idea. His form is attributable to Benji early on and Robbie lately.

Russell Coight

Juniors
I couldnt give a crap about awards.
We have been in a lot of armwrestle games this year where i watched him closely to see how he would close out the win. He still has little idea. His form is attributable to Benji early on and Robbie lately.

Winning an award that credits you as the best player in the game sorta means hes pretty damn good..

I've also seen him win us a few games this year on individual brilliance, what's your point? Thurston, Cronk etc have bad games every now and then aswell

stryker

First Grade
Winning an award that credits you as the best player in the game sorta means hes pretty damn good..

I've also seen him win us a few games this year on individual brilliance, what's your point? Thurston, Cronk etc have bad games every now and then aswell
Are you seriously comparing him to those guys? The dally m system is pathetically flawed. He still has no idea how to close out a win. Take Benji and Rob out of this team and we'd still be in contention for the spoon.

Russell Coight

Juniors
Are you seriously comparing him to those guys? The dally m system is pathetically flawed. He still has no idea how to close out a win. Take Benji and Rob out of this team and we'd still be in contention for the spoon.

Not comparing, just saying even the best have bad games too

Whether you think Dally Ms are a joke or not, youd have to have some serious agenda against Brooks if you dont think hes improved out of sight this year. In this recent month alone he was motm against saints, souffs and knights.

Why wouldn't you resign a local junior who loves the club, who has stuck through all our lean years and is playing out of his skin?

stryker

First Grade
Not comparing, just saying even the best have bad games too

Whether you think Dally Ms are a joke or not, youd have to have some serious agenda against Brooks if you dont think hes improved out of sight this year. In this recent month alone he was motm against saints, souffs and knights.

Why wouldn't you resign a local junior who loves the club, who has stuck through all our lean years and is playing out of his skin?
I dont believe he can deliver us a premiereship. Simple as that.

Tiger05

First Grade

Benji and Robbie have been good. Brooks has been a lot better. This season Brooks has been as good as any half in the comp.

I'm not stating he should be paid as the best player in the game but he is a key player for us. We just need a better team around him.

Latest posts