What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brooks

I don’t think Brooks is the problem in our team,he has had a very good year compared to previous seasons.
For us to win a title our roster has to keep improving in areas we are deficient and not return to the talentless pool that included the likes of Rankin,Lovett,Milone etc.that we’re good for nothing.

Russell Coight

Juniors
He can't. He can though be a part of a premiership winning team with good players around him.

Exactly this. Theres been a fair few average halves that have won premierships over the years...Chad Townsend, Shane Perry, Ben Hornby etc to name a few

If you have the right players around you of course they're gonna make you look better

Tiger05

First Grade
Look at how North Qld are going. Thurston and Morgan in the halves. Taumolo in the pack. They don't have a dud team.

We just need to build a quality squad. To do that we need to retain our quality players and Brooks is one of our best if not our best player.

stryker

First Grade
I simply do not agree with this assessment.
Brooks is a decent fill in until a half who can lead this team joins us.

Russell Coight

Juniors
I simply do not agree with this assessment.
Brooks is a decent fill in until a half who can lead this team joins us.

Interesting

Do you think he'd be better off playing second fiddle then? Or would you be happy to see him go altogether?

Would be brain dead administration to let go of Brooks. We havent settled on a halfback since Scott prince. It's an even bigger bonus that hes a balmain junior

May I remind you that was over 10 years ago

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
Not second fiddle, he is a running 5/8, not an organising halfback. For the right money id keep him, however if re signing him costs a substantial upgrade i would argue that is not money well spent.

stryker

First Grade
Benji and Robbie have been good. Brooks has been a lot better. This season Brooks has been as good as any half in the comp.

I'm not stating he should be paid as the best player in the game but he is a key player for us. We just need a better team around him.
My point was Benji and Robbie are game managers. Im not saying they are better than him, im saying in most games we have won they have done his job for him.

Russell Coight

Juniors
Not second fiddle, he is a running 5/8, not an organising halfback. For the right money id keep him, however if re signing him costs a substantial upgrade i would argue that is not money well spent.

Mate you aren't going to get any half decent half for less than 800k these days. Its reality

I reckon 800k pa 3-4 year deal is reasonable for Brooks. I cant see other clubs giving him 1mil+ unless they were desperate

gitano

Juniors
We gonna end your season dooo dahh doo dahhh.

Gypsy they call me. Your off season starts this weekend.

stryker

First Grade
Mate you aren't going to get any half decent half for less than 800k these days. Its reality

I reckon 800k pa 3-4 year deal is reasonable for Brooks. I cant see other clubs giving him 1mil+ unless they were desperate
A year and a half ago Luke signed with us because no one else wanted him. Now youre telling me after a season of mixed performances he should be offered a four year extension at 800k?
We obviously see different things in his game. He has improved his front on defence and short kicking. He still has a long way to go to be a leader. Treat him mean and keep him keen. He has had a very easy life at the Tiges and it stunted his development.

My point was Benji and Robbie are game managers. Im not saying they are better than him, im saying in most games we have won they have done his job for him.

Just my opinion but I'd change they have done his job for him to they have certainly helped him manage his own game and in turn, certainly take charge at times.

Russell Coight

Juniors
A year and a half ago Luke signed with us because no one else wanted him. Now youre telling me after a season of mixed performances he should be offered a four year extension at 800k?
We obviously see different things in his game. He has improved his front on defence and short kicking. He still has a long way to go to be a leader. Treat him mean and keep him keen. He has had a very easy life at the Tiges and it stunted his development.

Brooks has hardly had a decent set of forwards around him yet alone a coach his whole career

Who do you think we should sign then? Ftr I think us signing nathan is pretty slim

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
Brooks has hardly had a decent set of forwards around him yet alone a coach his whole career

Who do you think we should sign then? Ftr I think us signing nathan is pretty slim

I'd prefer Brooks to Cleary at this point. I'm not even sure we should offer Cleary a contract.

Das Hassler

Bench
QUOTE="Tiger05, post: 13099671, member: 39056"]I'd prefer Brooks to Cleary at this point. I'm not even sure we should offer Cleary a contract.[/QUOTE]

I doubt Cleary will.be an option in any case...for us or the Nepean roosters ( after his current contract is up)