What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brookvale Oval holds only 13,000?

insert.pause

First Grade
Exactly no name, I fully support our finals being played at the SFS and think that those that whine about it need to get over it (bar Brookvale being redeveloped to hold at least 25k in the future), but FFS, if it's to be our 'home' finals venue, then don't play the visitors' victory song if they win- that doesn't happen at a home ground.

The home team is also not usually completely outnumbered by their opposition.

Finals use to always be played at moore park and suddenly manly supporters are like truman and can't cross a bridge.

I work with a typical Manly fan. Lives on the northern beaches about 10 minutes from Brookie. Has been to 3 swans games and two waratahs games this year. Only when some business relation has paid his way. Hasn't been to a Manly game in 10 years. Only ever talks to you about football when he over hears that Manly have beaten your team in the general office conversation. When Manly knocked Souths out of the finals last year, he didn't know until he saw it on the front of the "Manly daily" later that week. So then he brought the manly daily in to the office and left it on my desk the next day.

I'll give it to him on Monday but he won't give a shit. If Manly get knocked out next week he'll shrug his shoulders and watch something else on grand final day.

He's the same as 90% of the Northern beaches. In my experience, the most avid Manly fans I know, live outside of the northern beaches. Most likely, they were the ones who were there last night. The ones that live on the Beaches wont come out to watch Manly, but they will go to the SFS / SCG to watch the Swans / waratahs / cricket.

Strange mob.

ceagle

Bench
I work with a typical Manly fan. Lives on the northern beaches about 10 minutes from Brookie. Has been to 3 swans games and two waratahs games this year. Only when some business relation has paid his way. Hasn't been to a Manly game in 10 years. Only ever talks to you about football when he over hears that Manly have beaten your team in the general office conversation. When Manly knocked Souths out of the finals last year, he didn't know until he saw it on the front of the "Manly daily" later that week. So then he brought the manly daily in to the office and left it on my desk the next day.

I'll give it to him on Monday but he won't give a shit. If Manly get knocked out next week he'll shrug his shoulders and watch something else on grand final day.

He's the same as 90% of the Northern beaches. In my experience, the most avid Manly fans I know, live outside of the northern beaches. Most likely, they were the ones who were there last night. The ones that live on the Beaches wont come out to watch Manly, but they will go to the SFS / SCG to watch the Swans / waratahs / cricket.

Strange mob.
So you make a whole blanket statement after your miniscule experience in dealing with a casual Manly fan at work?

One of the few souffs fan I know lives in a 3 bedroom home with his parents and 8 siblings and has poor personal hygiene. Should I assume all souffs fans are like that? Might as well.

insert.pause

First Grade

Strange mob.

It's worrying that with all their success over the last decade they have been too busy fighting among themselves to convert it to sustainable fan engagement for the future. They have promoted a siege mentality at a time when they should have been growing their fan base and engaging with a more mainstream market. It's going to get ugly when they have a bad year.

ceagle

Bench
If manly fans want to be offended by the ground announcer they have to actually be there first, he's hardly going to get the crowd revved up by screaming lyrical about watmough.
It doesn't f**king matter, It's a Manly home game, Souffs should be given no leg up at all.

Loose Cannon

Bench
So you make a whole blanket statement after your miniscule experience in dealing with a casual Manly fan at work?

One of the few souffs fan I know lives in a 3 bedroom home with his parents and 8 siblings and has poor personal hygiene. Should I assume all souffs fans are like that? Might as well.

So that would mean there is a strong possibility another 10 souffs fans are like that! :lol::lol::lol:

Nice Beaver

First Grade
It wouldn't matter if there were 2 Manly fans there. Manly came 2nd therefore it's there home game and should be given every advantage.

Don't worry about insert.penis, he is one of the Donkey's supporters who have everything given to them and cannot grasp concepts like this one given they have their govt funded $360 million stadium.

I guess he also struggles to grasp the concept of getting advantage for finishing top 2 given his mob haven't done so for so bloody long.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
It's worrying that with all their success over the last decade they have been too busy fighting among themselves to convert it to sustainable fan engagement for the future. They have promoted a siege mentality at a time when they should have been growing their fan base and engaging with a more mainstream market. It's going to get ugly when they have a bad year.

You wonder how many new fans Manly have gained during these years of success. When Canberra, Brisbane and lately the Storm were successful they gained fans that stuck on from around the country as well as their home base, I'm not sure if that's the case with the sea eagles.

insert.pause

First Grade
It wouldn't matter if there were 2 Manly fans there. Manly came 2nd therefore it's there home game and should be given every advantage.
turn up in numbers, there's your advantage.

I'm curious to know how a victory song after the game is over has any effect on the result, advantageous or otherwise?

ceagle

Bench
turn up in numbers, there's your advantage.

I'm curious to know how a victory song after the game is over has any effect on the result, advantageous or otherwise?
Would you allow a team to play their victory song at Suncorp after the opposition won? Would you want the PA announcer cheering on the other team?

insert.pause

First Grade
Would you allow a team to play their victory song at Suncorp after the opposition won? Would you want the PA announcer cheering on the other team?

What is the announcer suppose to do? His job is to engage the crowd and fans, usually against each other, would you rather the awkward silence after he attempts to start a 'go manly' chant? Souths made it their home ground and manly deserve everything they got.

insert.pause

First Grade
Don't worry about insert.penis, he is one of the Donkey's supporters who have everything given to them and cannot grasp concepts like this one given they have their govt funded $360 million stadium.

I guess he also struggles to grasp the concept of getting advantage for finishing top 2 given his mob haven't done so for so bloody long.

ohh boo f**king hoo!

I can't grasp the concept of a team having no support for a finals game at a venue in the same city! it's pathetic.

ceagle

Bench
What is the announcer suppose to do? His job is to engage the crowd and fans, usually against each other, would you rather the awkward silence after he attempts to start a 'go manly' chant? Souths made it their home ground and manly deserve everything they got.
You just simply don't get it, no point in arguing.

typicalfan

Coach
Fairly certain it is home venue but it is still a final eg not a typical home game where the game is effectively neutral.

Pretty sure this has been happening for a while now.

Latest posts