What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brumbies Recruiting And Promotions In Raiders Territory

ozzie

Bench
Last weekend over 200 kids were at a promotional day at Yass put on by the Brumbies. The Brumbies led by Jeremy Paul, Richard Stanford, Adam-WallaceHarrison, and Salesi Ma'afu travelled from Canberra along with the Rugby Development Manager for the ACT & Southern NSW Craig Leeseburg. Giveaway packs were handed out to the children and a barbeque was provided free of charge. The program aims to encourage talented young rugby players and co-herse others to the sport of Rugby.

This should be a worry for the ACT Rugby League and the NRL wondering why they are losing players. Maybe the Raiders should take a more proative approach to these days outside of Canberra. Even when on the odd occassion that they venture out of Canberra, they have nothing players, who aren't known by anyone except their mothers.

Player numbers in Rugby League are dwindling in Yass (which is only 40 miles from Canberra) and Union teams and Aussie Rules are challenging League as the Premier sport in town. Team Numbers in both these sports are on a rapid increase while team numbers in league are dwindling.

Now this isn't only a problem for the Raiders but I have no doubt it is mirrored every where else.

My question is exactly this: What is your team doing for Promoting League in country areas?

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
ozzie said:
Now this isn't only a problem for the Raiders but I have no doubt it is mirrored every where else.
Not at all. If anything RL in QLD is making back ground it had previously lost and then some.

Cobra Kai

Juniors
ozzie said:
Even when on the odd occassion that they venture out of Canberra, they have nothing players, who aren't known by anyone except their

Who the hell are Jeremy Paul, Richard Stanford, Adam-WallaceHarrison, and Salesi Ma'afu

paulquinn49

Bench
ozzie said:
Even when on the odd occassion that they venture out of Canberra, they have nothing players, who aren't known by anyone except their mothers.

Pretty sure the Roosters know who they are. But yeah Raiders could do more to promote themselves in their territory, all clubs need to get out there more.

Raider Azz

Bench
hahaha, another ozzie classic. this guy cant stand the raiders, and does whatever he can to make them look bad.

my personal favourite probably would have to be when he claimed that the yass magpies had told the CDJRL to "piss off", and started a team elsewhere. when in actual fact the magpies didn't have a strong enough team to compete in the CDJRL so they entered in a comp where they'd have a better chance.

the raiders are doing plenty for their areas, for example a brand new initiative this year is the "sponsor a player" program, where various schools around the area each sponsor a player, and that player will come to the school for coaching clinics, do promotions, etc.

in saying that, you can never do TOO MUCH promotion, especially in the country areas.

ozzie

Bench
that why they won the Canberra competition last year. That post was about the situation in Yass about 2/3 years ago - geez you'r up with the times

Raider Azz

Bench
ozzie said:
that why they won the Canberra competition last year. That post was about the situation in Yass about 2/3 years ago - geez you'r up with the times
did i say it was recent you asshat? i was merely pointing out one of my favourite moments in your ridiculous posting career.

ozzie

Bench
this is not only about Canberra but all clubs - why not read you poor bi-focaled Raider supporters and yes I do hate them with a passion - no doubt like you hate the Roosters and for the unitiated in the finer game of rugby union well the brumbies

Jeremy Paul wins 2005 John Eales Medal

Wallaby hooker Jeremy Paul has won the coveted John Eales Medal, polling 194 votes from his Wallaby teammates, 18 votes clear of the inaugural winner George Smith.

Twenty-eight year old Paul has had an outstanding 12 months. He was the starting hooker for all bar two of the Wallabies' 13 Test matches in the last 12 months and is now the most capped Wallaby forward in the current squad, with 63 Test caps.

scottyeel

Bench
ozzie said:
Last weekend over 200 kids were at a promotional day at Yass put on by the Brumbies. The Brumbies led by Jeremy Paul, Richard Stanford, Adam-WallaceHarrison, and Salesi Ma'afu travelled from Canberra along with the Rugby Development Manager for the ACT & Southern NSW Craig Leeseburg. Giveaway packs were handed out to the children and a barbeque was provided free of charge. The program aims to encourage talented young rugby players and co-herse others to the sport of Rugby.

This should be a worry for the ACT Rugby League and the NRL wondering why they are losing players. Maybe the Raiders should take a more proative approach to these days outside of Canberra. Even when on the odd occassion that they venture out of Canberra, they have nothing players, who aren't known by anyone except their mothers.

Player numbers in Rugby League are dwindling in Yass (which is only 40 miles from Canberra) and Union teams and Aussie Rules are challenging League as the Premier sport in town. Team Numbers in both these sports are on a rapid increase while team numbers in league are dwindling.

My question is exactly this: What is your team doing for Promoting League in country areas?
Yep, the brumbes were here in Goulburn last week too with plenty of kids going to see them. There is no junior comp here at all now and Goulburn Stockmen changed groups because the raiders stopped giving them any funds but now the Wests Tigers do.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Ozzie is a tosser, his posts regarding canberra arnt worth a ounce of sh*t, he hates us, he hates us more then he likes the roosters (and who could blame him, his club is rubbish)

jog on, you old senile prick

yosh64

Juniors
ozzie said:
this is not only about Canberra but all clubs - why not read you poor bi-focaled Raider supporters and yes I do hate them with a passion - no doubt like you hate the Roosters and for the unitiated in the finer game of rugby union well the brumbies

Jeremy Paul wins 2005 John Eales Medal

Wallaby hooker Jeremy Paul has won the coveted John Eales Medal, polling 194 votes from his Wallaby teammates, 18 votes clear of the inaugural winner George Smith.

Twenty-eight year old Paul has had an outstanding 12 months. He was the starting hooker for all bar two of the Wallabies' 13 Test matches in the last 12 months and is now the most capped Wallaby forward in the current squad, with 63 Test caps.

What the fu*k!!!!????

Whats the point of this post. No one knows who this paul guy is, plus its 2005!? Sure you might say your game is finer, but jesus is it booooooring!! If you want to be entertained... and lets face it thats what going to a sporting match is about, then any sane person will go to a league match.

But dont worry the excitement of seeing two of Oz's best teams fight it out for the spoon was edge of your seat stuff!

ozzie

Bench
Raider_69 said:
Ozzie is a tosser, his posts regarding canberra arnt worth a ounce of sh*t, he hates us, he hates us more then he likes the roosters (and who could blame him, his club is rubbish)

jog on, you old senile prick
I am so please you can read you idiot - what does the post say - drrrhhhh

Raider_69

Post Whore
i believe the post says

"Ozzie is a tosser, his posts regarding canberra arnt worth a ounce of sh*t, he hates us, he hates us more then he likes the roosters (and who could blame him, his club is rubbish)

jog on, you old senile prick"

skeepe

Immortal
Corbin said:
Does Canberra take responsibility for places like Batsman Bay, Narooma, Bega?

Yes.

Raiders visit South Coast

13 Dec, 2006
spacer.gif

The CFMEU Canberra Raiders used the nearby setting of South Coastal town Bateman’s Bay on Monday and Tuesday for their pre-Christmas camp, where they worked on their fitness and football skills, as well as visiting some of the districts local schools.​
01.jpg
Over the two days the Raiders were put through a series of rigorous training sessions both on the field and on the beach, where players were given the chance to improve their fitness levels ahead of the Christmas break.

As part of the visit to the South Coast the Raiders took some time out away from training to visit some of the regions local schools, with Sunshine Bay Primary, Broulee Primary, and St Bernard’s, given the chance to meet their favourite players.

Canberra Raiders ARL Development officer Brad Donald said the children at the three schools enjoyed the visit from their NRL heroes, and the players were on hand to talk them through the life of a Canberra Raider.

“The players attended school assemblies and happily answered any questions from the children about what it’s like to play Rugby League at the highest level,” Donald said. “Obviously it’s great to see the interaction between the players and their young fans, and it helps promote the game in a region where the Raiders have nurtured some great talent.”

Donald said it’s great to see players enjoying themselves during such visits, and it gives the children involved a chance to get up close and personal to the Raiders.

“Michael Weyman is from nearby Moruya and they have a good rivalry with Bateman’s Bay and some of the Children reminded him of that today with some friendly banter,” he said. “You could see all the players were enjoying themselves, and guys like Mick and Josh Miller had the children hanging on every word.”

The players stayed after the assemblies to demonstrate some of the finer skills involved with Rugby League, and to sign and give away some Raiders posters and stickers.

http://www.raiders.com.au/www/detail_desc.php?news_id=7

Raiders head to Eden

24 Jan, 2007
spacer.gif

The CFMEU Canberra Raiders have taken to the sand hills and beaches of Eden today, as part of a three day travel to train camp.​

The camp is the second of its kind for the Green Machine this pre-season, after the players ventured to Bateman’s Bay prior to the Christmas break for a similar camp, which combined training, school visits and public appearances.​

This particular trip has been aimed at getting the players closer together ahead of the start of the trial match period, and will involve a number of both football and recreational activities.​

Raiders assistant Coach David Furner said it’s a good opportunity to combine some hard work with fun before the trials start on February 24, as well as giving the South Coast community another chance to see the Raiders before the season.​

"There will be some hard training sessions for sure, but we have also included some speed golf and deep seas fishing into the three day program," Furner said. "We will also conduct some coaching clinics with some of the local kids, so it should be a lot of fun."​

The Raiders will wrap up the camp on Australia Day as they return to the nation’s capital, before intensifying their training ahead if their first trial against the Broncos in Redcliffe on February 24 at Dolphin Park.​

Raiders ready for Community Carnival

06 Feb 2007​

The CFMEU Canberra Raiders are set to embark on a thrilling three day adventure into South West Queensland, as part of this years NRL community carnival.​

Six of the Raiders top squad will join Raiders Coach Neil Henry for the three day trip to Charleville, as the Raiders encompass the surrounding areas of Cunnamulla, Quilpie, and Tambo for the next three days.​

Alan Tongue, Josh Miller, Glen Turner, Andrew Dunemann, Ben Jones and William Zillman will represent the Raiders playing squad, as they look to take the game of Rugby League to these areas and promote the NRL and the Raiders.​

Raiders forward Josh Miller said the trip promises to be a fantastic experience for everyone involved, and hopes to see some keen young faces wherever the Raiders go.​

“Obviously the kids out that way rarely get to meet NRL players so I can’t wait to get out there and meet them and help with their skills,” Miller said. “And it’s not often that we get to these areas so I know the boys are really looking forward to it.”​

Coming from the country township of Forbes in NSW Miller said he knew what it was like to get a visit from your favourite players, and he was sure it would be the same in Queensland this week.​

“I can remember as back as far as when I was eight years old and what it was like when some rugby league stars came to visit us and it was very exciting,” Miller said. “I just hope we can give the people out there the same sort of thrill."​

Raiders recruit Glen Turner said he was looking forward to the upcoming adventure, and would make sure he signed plenty of autographs for the fans up north.​

“It’s somewhere I’ve never been so it’s an opportunity to see a different part of Australia,” Turner said. “I know it will be a great trip and a lot of fun so I can’t wait to get up there and meet the locals.”​

The Raiders will conduct coaching clinics, visit schools and attend a special sportsman’s dinner while in Charleville, and are sure to come back with plenty of stories and photos from the trip north.​

27 Feb, 2007
spacer.gif

Students and rugby league enthusiasts from the NSW country town of Parkes made a special visit to Raiders HQ last week, to learn some new skills and meet some of the Raiders 2007 players.​

Around 25 young lads from Parkes were given a special tour of the Raiders training facilities, and given an exclusive insight into what it's like to be a Canberra Raider.

Raiders Coach Neil Henry had a brief chat with the children, before ARL development officer Brad Donald and a host of Raiders put the young stars through their paces on ACTEWAGL Park.​

All in all it was a great experience for the future champions, and an afternoon many of them will probably never forget.​

All that in just the last 5 months. And in comparison the Brumbies have gone as far afield as..... Yass, a town 20 minutes outside Canberra. Yep, looks like they're streets ahead of the Raiders :sarcasm:​

Ozzie is just bitter that the Raiders haven't made the trek to Yass and have focused on more important areas.​

ozzie

Bench
Raider_69 said:
i believe the post says

"Ozzie is a tosser, his posts regarding canberra arnt worth a ounce of sh*t, he hates us, he hates us more then he likes the roosters (and who could blame him, his club is rubbish)

jog on, you old senile prick"
so says a young fool - there is an old saying mate that applies to you

"better be thought a fool then opeing your mouth and proving it"

I just love the fishing here but these green things with a cap on I have to keep throwing them back

Raider_69

Post Whore
ozzie said:
so says a young fool - there is an old saying mate that applies to you

"better be thought a fool then opeing your mouth and proving it"

I just love the fishing here but these green things with a cap on I have to keep throwing them back

:lol: the ol fishing card eh?
the calling card of the tosspot being owned :lol:

go on mate, get on home before you forget where home is

Latest posts