What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bryce Cartwright gone

franklin2323

Immortal
Clearly our players rate him more than they do Griffin.

The telling fact is no player has ever followed Griffin to Panthers. Yet Barrett and Brennan had multiple players follow them. Cleary has players wanting to follow him.

I expect Brennan will need atleast a season to rebuild Titans. But he was the better choice for us. Gus didnt even give anyone else a chance.hedecides the job is Hooks without interviewing anyone.

One things certain. Players wouldnt be leaving because of the coach under Brennan.

The players liked ME. How did that work out?

How it usually works is x player is dropped or blasted for a bad performance.

They go to the assistant or Lower grade coach for a shoulder to cry on. That coach gets info on what the player needs to do. Gets that player back into FG looks like he knows that player.

Jason Taylor was the same when Brian Smith was Parra coach. Many many other failed coaches the same. Give him 2 years like any new coach to get his structures in and see how he goes

mxlegend99

Referee
Elliott as shit as he was still had a team finish higher than Hook. Second place under an incompetent coach. Regularly in finals at Raiders.

Cleary took us to top 4 and week 3 of finals.

Meanwhile Hook cant beat a top 4 team and he scrapes the finals on the back of the form of Mohlsn and Carty in 2016... 2 years later the Gus groupies think these merkins cant crack our top 17.

Brennan did more for our finsld appearances than Hook did. He developed these guys. Who has Hook improved? The one guy who improved hugely is RCG. But everyone wants to credit Tamou for that.

snickers007

Juniors
Theres no limit to how many nails go in his coffin. Gus has gone all in on Hook and 3 wooden spoons and losing every player we develop wont change that.

Hook is safe aslong as Gus is.

Good thing we are nowhere near close to this happening. At least 3 years away from the first scenario in fact.

As for the players lost, we didn't develop Latu, Rein, TMM, Akuoala, ZDC or Hiku. The ones we did develop and lose have personal lives that have spiralled out of control. And if we lose Peachey or Mansour, we didn't develop them either!

But sure, continue with the doom and gloom. Your hyperbole is so tiring.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
Bryce was receiving death threats, not just prior to his ex killing herself, but only recently. His home was vandalized about 5 times in the last 3 months and he received death threats against his partner and newly born child - I mean get the f**k out if you think that doesn't cause issues mentally when you receive anonymous letters saying someone is going to kill the 3 of you...

This is just sport at the end of the day, i am sure most of us would move as far away as we could if we were receiving this type of shit..

I loved Carty, but seriously who gives a shit about football when your family is being targeted like this..

He brought a fair amount of this heat on himself, but at the end of the day, no one deserves their 3 month old to be threatened.

TheFrog

Coach
He's a once in a generation type of player, if he could just fix up his defence he'd be an Australian rep for a decade.
Drops the pill quite a lot too. But he is a matchwinner on occasion, there is no doubt about it. Those occasions have become less, not more frequent as time has gone on, however. Quite possibly due to the following....

Bryce was receiving death threats, not just prior to his ex killing herself, but only recently. His home was vandalized about 5 times in the last 3 months and he received death threats against his partner and newly born child - I mean get the f**k out if you think that doesn't cause issues mentally when you receive anonymous letters saying someone is going to kill the 3 of you...

If this is the case, no wonder he wanted to get out of Dodge. Nothing to do with Griffin or Gould as some are trying to suggest. I hope it's in the hands of the police.

mxlegend99

Referee
Good thing we are nowhere near close to this happening. At least 3 years away from the first scenario in fact.

As for the players lost, we didn't develop Latu, Rein, TMM, Akuoala, ZDC or Hiku. The ones we did develop and lose have personal lives that have spiralled out of control. And if we lose Peachey or Mansour, we didn't develop them either!

But sure, continue with the doom and gloom. Your hyperbole is so tiring.
No what's tiring is losing half a dozen players and having a bunch of Gus groupies jump on everyone who has issue with it. Its bot hyperbole. We actually lost 6 top 25 players. Thats a fact.

Matt Moylan and Bryce Cartwright have been released 1 year into 5 years deals FFS. The 2 biggest stars we have produced in the past decade. But hey questioning that is ridiculous .

franklin2323

Immortal
No what's tiring is losing half a dozen players and having a bunch of Gus groupies jump on everyone who has issue with it. Its bot hyperbole. We actually lost 6 top 25 players. Thats a fact.

Matt Moylan and Bryce Cartwright have been released 1 year into 5 years deals FFS. The 2 biggest stars we have produced in the past decade. But hey questioning that is ridiculous .

Both re-signed during the last pre-season so they can't of hated hook too much

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

This is just sport at the end of the day, i am sure most of us would move as far away as we could if we were receiving this type of shit..

I loved Carty, but seriously who gives a shit about football when your family is being targeted like this..

He brought a fair amount of this heat on himself, but at the end of the day, no one deserves their 3 month old to be threatened.

Wow if true no wonder he's moving away.

mxlegend99

Referee
Both re-signed during the last pre-season so they can't of hated hook too much
Guarantees their futures until a better option comes along.

These guys loved the club and their teammates. Staying put doesnt mean you like the coach. There's more reasons to stay at a club than leave one normally.

Edit
And both players re-signed before Hook did. Thry didnt agree to 5 year contracts knowing he would be their coach for all 5 years.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Your lumping Moylan and Carty together. Their reasons for leaving were very different. Moylan I understand has grog issues and tends to go on benders. Carty if you believe the rumours left because of personal safety.
If these reasons turn out to be true, then it's got nothing to do with the coach. Blaming the coach is a little like blaming the dog when your house burns down cause you left the stove on.

mxlegend99

Referee
Your lumping Moylan and Carty together. Their reasons for leaving were very different. Moylan I understand has grog issues and tends to go on benders. Carty if you believe the rumours left because of personal safety.
If these reasons turn out to be true, then it's got nothing to do with the coach. Blaming the coach is a little like blaming the dog when your house burns down cause you left the stove on.
Moylans issues was not getting along with the coach. It went deeper than that but if he got along with the coach he sould never have left.

Both players chose to leave. One or two players leVing you can explain away. But it's not isolated to 1 or 2 players. A third of last years roster have left us early for various reasons.

Some might be legitimate reasons. But a turnover of 30% of your roster is f**king terrible roster management. Thsts not including off contract playerd or reserve grade guys oeft like Skauolo. Oldfield. Nichols. MKZ etc.

Thats 6 of our top 25 contracted players. 1 in3 contracts means nothing to us.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Moylans issues was not getting along with the coach. It went deeper than that but if he got along with the coach he sould never have left.

Both players chose to leave. One or two players leVing you can explain away. But it's not isolated to 1 or 2 players. A third of last years roster have left us early for various reasons.

Some might be legitimate reasons. But a turnover of 30% of your roster is f**king terrible roster management. Thsts not including off contract playerd or reserve grade guys oeft like Skauolo. Oldfield. Nichols. MKZ etc.

Thats 6 of our top 25 contracted players. 1 in3 contracts means nothing to us.

You seem very intent on making this a 'one size fits all'. It must be the coaches fault so let's pull out the blame game. Life is not as simple as that. Sure i understand you don't rate or like Hook, and your sick of Gus.

I'm not going further on this cause frankly I can't be bothered, and i have more things in my life to concern myself than a footy player leaving a club.

Me I'll be there enjoying first game of the season like many others. I'm not into wailing and nashing my teeth over things i have no control over (nor do I desire control either).

I won't comment again because it comes back to an issue of not liking Hook, and thinking Gus needs to move on. Are both of these folks perfect, of course not. But they're not the worst either.
as it's like a record that goes round and round.

mxlegend99

Referee
Carty isnt a top 17 player because of his defence... But theres several top 17 players with worse defence including our Aussie rep RCG and fringe aussie rep Maloney.

Latest posts