What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buderus may be gone

jhonny bravo

Juniors
This may come as a MASSIVE shock but there is a rumour doing the rounds at the club that Buderus went in on Wednesday and asked for release to play in England, they would not grant one. Look for a story in either the Herald tomorrow or in one of the Sunday Papers (most likely Sunday). If he goes we will have very little leadership apart from Simpson.
This is only a rumour but Steve Roach said something about what i heard on 2gb this arfternoon.

fourplay

Juniors
jhonny bravo said:
This may come as a MASSIVE shock but there is a rumour doing the rounds at the club that Buderus went in on Wednesday and asked for release to play in England, they would not grant one. Look for a story in either the Herald tomorrow or in one of the Sunday Papers (most likely Sunday). If he goes we will have very little leadership apart from Simpson.
This is only a rumour but Steve Roach said something about what i heard on 2gb this arfternoon.

its going to be in the Sunday paper now youve posted this here....Rebecca Wilson reads this forum.. lol

Sacrolishes

Juniors
wat a load of absolute f**kin hogwash!!!..buderus is more of a man than that...he wont walk out on the club and us fans just because he's got his knickers in a knot...f**king rumors!!!!!

perverse

Referee
".. an unnamed source close to the club has indicated that Danny Buderus has asked for a release from his contract to play in the ESL.."

- Rebecca Wilson

lol no but seriously.. i love ya bedsy but this has to happen to the club, whether you like it or not. you can either accept that and be a real leader to the boys that remain.. or tuck your tail under your legs and run to england.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
If he wants to act like a petulent little child, like Newton, sorry Danny, but don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

jhonny bravo

Juniors
Sacrolishes said:
wat a load of absolute f**kin hogwash!!!..buderus is more of a man than that...he wont walk out on the club and us fans just because he's got his knickers in a knot...f**king rumors!!!!!
Yes he is one of the best players to ever pull on the Red and Blue and no one is asking how much of a mna Buderus is. But this has really shook the world he has pretty much been apart of for much of his life and is a big shock to the system. I really thing it is more than rumours but the club has every right not to give him a release. Buderus gives 100% everytime he plays for the Knights and no one is denying that.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
I'm down in Sydney, am a Saints supporter & as someone looking in from the outside I agree with most of the sentiments you guys are displaying.

The Knights look to be far & away the most Cliquey club in the NRL with the "Old Boys" network firmly entrenched.
Speaking of which, I don't watch the Footy Show anymore, but was interested in seeing how Jarrod Sammutt went last night so had a look & ended up watching the Knights thing, was quite intrigued by Butterfield. He really had his back up, saying it wasn't fair that guys had been there for 5 or 6 years are being shunted. I thought it was good that Voss, Geyer & even Vautin got stuck into them a bit, saying no one had a right to be there. Butts & Johns just epitomised to me what is not so much wrong now, but what would definitely go wrong if things were left unchecked in coming years. That is, as someone else pointed out in another thread, much like Souths between 1990 & 2006 - refusing to move with the times to keep things how they were. Cutting off your nose to spite your face as it were.

What did you guys think of it if you saw it? and how is the general feeling amongst Knights fans up in Newie? Are the sentiments on here reflected in the same proportions of for / against amongst the community?

Cheers.

macavity

Referee
fourplay said:
its going to be in the Sunday paper now youve posted this here....Rebecca Wilson reads this forum.. lol

Dear Ms Wilson,

Please die.

Signed,

The Rugby League World.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I'm sorry, but this smacks of a five-year-old kid who doesn't like what their mum is making them do, so they throw a tantrum.

At the end of the day, it doesn't make any difference, it just makes the kid feel better.

FFS Danny, you've been a great player for the Knights over the years, but is wanting to leave to play in England purely because your mates (many of whom are mediocre at best) are being told some home truths?

cram

Bench
Well this would explain why he may have decided to go public with his criticism thinking I want out and this is why he has already all but said that next year would be his last

One thing is for certain in all this, in the Knights 20th year they will have gone through some unbelievable change.

Hopefully it all works out for the best.

If he left, all my respect for him would go out the window. It would be the worst way for such a good player to be remembered. He doesn't deserve to go out like that, but he would only have himself to blame. Knights fans don't cope to well when players leave eg ben kennedy and the more recent clint newton.

jhonny bravo

Juniors
I will guarantee that smith will be justified with what he is doing now in 12 months time when we are entrenched into the top 4 and vying for premiership favouritism. I may sound nieve but i am trully a believer in Smithy.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
macavity said:
Dear Ms Wilson,

Please die.

Signed,

The Rugby League World.

Here Here Macavity. You've got my second old chum.......Take out Dean Richie while you're at it, maybe a bit of rat sack in his pre-breakfast sausage roll.

Kazaf

Juniors
Bring back Matt Gidley!

Seriously, if Bedsy does leave, I will lose all respect for him.

Clint Newton-------->>>>> Danny Buderus, they must be related for god sake as both sure spit dummies very quickly:crazy: :crazy:

bluesbreaker

Bench
If this is the way it's going to end. Cya bedsy, thanks for the memories! We'll take the 450k we're paying you back for next year and throw it all at either C. Smith, A. Payne or R. Farah when they come off contract.

MC DUI

Juniors
I will be with you guys in calling Buderus out if this turns out to be true, however in the meantime perhaps everybody should ease up on abusing Danny...

macavity

Referee
Surely this can't be true.

Danny has always struck me as a player of integrity and passion.

then again, so did that cat who chucked a tissy and left.

I just dont know what to think anymore.

Jono078

Referee
If Buderus goes, everything I would have admired about him goes out the window.

I don't want to be too harsh on him yet though. Until I hear it from his mouth through tv and whatnot.

BUT... If he does decide to go it opens up the door for Piri Weepu I guess. Or even maybe Luke Priddis?

Latest posts